AIM >>>>> Question

I thought AIM had ICQ for years since late 2000s :dunno: As at the time that is when you are able to add on ICQ numbers on AIM list. But I have never added ICQ numbers on my aim list.

Even though I used to have a standalone ICQ in 2000/2001. I don't even remember my old ICQ numbers and passwords.

I know that AOL owns AIM. They had gotten Netscape, and also owns CompuServe and ICQ.

Yeah, Freaky Cat. AOL may have made that decision to turn its AIM unit over to its ICQ unit - probably in order to keep all employees of both units under one roof.

Yeah, Freaky Cat. AOL may have made that decision to turn its AIM unit over to its ICQ unit - probably in order to keep all employees of both units under one roof.

I havent heard of anything like that in news? did they announced that or what? I wonder??

Brands and Services | AOL Corporate

I checked the website to see what AOL owns and sure enough AOL do own ICQ?

I recalled that AOL company refused to delete old AIMs on its server. My best guess that FBI required the company to keep old AIM accounts.

I may think that you can create new AOL IM account as long as the AOL cookies in the browser are erased so that you will able to get new ones.

I havent heard of anything like that in news? did they announced that or what? I wonder??

Brands and Services | AOL Corporate

I checked the website to see what AOL owns and sure enough AOL do own ICQ?
Yes Freaky Cat, they announced a couple of months ago and I found the article from an Israel-based Jewish source: ICQ Israel to develop AOL software.

I am pretty ICQ has retained some (if not most) of AIM employees, they probably had to transfer to Israel where ICQ is based.

that is why I use pidgin, its safer than aim or icq and you have account modifications, plus its free and if you hate having 6 different messengers open at once pidgin can help..... pidgin supports aim, icq, yahoo, google, msn, jabber, and more.

Here is the link if you want to download and try it Home | Pidgin
it used to be called gaim but it changed and its all free..... at least its cool to have 1 list for your 6 or so different clients in 1 area.

I like it for Aim, yahoo and a few others!!

:mrgreen:

that is why I use pidgin, its safer than aim or icq and you have account modifications, plus its free and if you hate having 6 different messengers open at once pidgin can help..... pidgin supports aim, icq, yahoo, google, msn, jabber, and more.

Here is the link if you want to download and try it Home | Pidgin
it used to be called gaim but it changed and its all free..... at least its cool to have 1 list for your 6 or so different clients in 1 area.

I like it for Aim, yahoo and a few others!!

:mrgreen:

yea ... some not work too well when use smiley different .. as winks also will not work on webcam too ... i like single out each ...

Back