Ahhhh I sold my video tutorial to a HoH and it doesn't have subtitles

shimo

Reaction score
Hi alldeaf, long time no post!

I was at a pop-culture convention this weekend, and I haven't got around to putting subs on my videos, but this weekend I sold a photoshop tutorial video to a hard-of-hearing person.

><; I didn't realize he was hard of hearing until he was already leaving. I thought he was possibly a Quebecois because he was hesitant to speak. Whe he did speak, he had that deaf accent, but at the time I really thought he was possibly French since the convention does get a lot of Montreal people.

I would've warned him there was no subtitles. He didn't ask me if there would be subs...

Is there software that the hard of hearing customer will be able to use to decipher the audio? Otherwise I feel like I owe him a refund, and I hope he contacts me for one. Or will he be able to hear the audio using his hearing aids?

I'm guessing the last question depends on how hard of hearing he is...

I'm guessing that he would be able to hear video with hearing aids. If not, he would probably be checking to see if it had subtitle or caption. I would look at the bright side and figure that he is able to hear video.

I have used YouTube tutorials without captions and audio off. It is amazing how much of the story the mouse pointer tells.
Captioning would be a great feature to add to improve your videos though!

Back