Age Gap Tolerance in Relationships

What age gap are you comfortable with someone you would get involved with?

• Same Age, +/- a year or two

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Similar Age, +/- 5-10 years

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Touching on Generations, +/- 10-15 years

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Extreme Age, +/- 15-25 years

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Any Age Worthy of Controversy

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
You misunderstood my post, this is based on one's own private preferences toward maximum age tolerance for a relationship, not a public obligation toward equality, so if you do not suit a girl's preferences, that is her private ddecision. If it were based on a public obligation, eg ASL services, disability services, etc, then that is discrimitory -which this thread is not about. Everyone has an age tolerance limit, so it describes an age range not necessarily being picky.

naw, i understood your post perfectly well, I was merely throwing around more considerations for intellectual digestion. Maximum age tolerance is indeed subjected to individual's inclination, however then again its success largely depends on their own maturity as does their potential partner. I did not make any reference whatsoever to discrimination, obligation or service, so in order to really clarify my post(s), I was criticising the trend following this 'breakdown' of age intolerances that can be argued to be overlooking other 'picky-ness' tendency of people - well, social beings (that's another thing in its entiret) No need to be defensive, sometimes we need to be picky in order to be safe, not neccessarily physically but also socially or more accurately, emotionally since compatiability is the main concern - right?

in simplest terms, we *may* be more aware or more *enlightened* about how people might find their potential partners from broader range of factors in the social world, its just hard to ignore the brawn and beauty remain a prority in choosing - hence why I brought up 'picky', it is undeniable. Just look at hollywood stars for starters, then you would find it hard to disagree with this observation.

naw, i understood your post perfectly well, I was merely throwing around more considerations for intellectual digestion. Maximum age tolerance is indeed subjected to individual's inclination, however then again its success largely depends on their own maturity as does their potential partner. I did not make any reference whatsoever to discrimination, obligation or service, so in order to really clarify my post(s), I was criticising the trend following this 'breakdown' of age intolerances that can be argued to be overlooking other 'picky-ness' tendency of people - well, social beings (that's another thing in its entiret) No need to be defensive, sometimes we need to be picky in order to be safe, not neccessarily physically but also socially or more accurately, emotionally since compatiability is the main concern - right?

in simplest terms, we *may* be more aware or more *enlightened* about how people might find their potential partners from broader range of factors in the social world, its just hard to ignore the brawn and beauty remain a prority in choosing - hence why I brought up 'picky', it is undeniable. Just look at hollywood stars for starters, then you would find it hard to disagree with this observation.

Ok, I understand your point of view as it is written, I don't merely analyze things in life because it is spontaneous enough to even be predictable. I personally don't follow Hollywood dirt, really unbelievable with their standards. In my experience, I have no patience for slobs, so the politically correct term I would prefer to describe anyone I get involved with is "get your s#!t together!". :D My take on the social world, I'm not surprised I make the decisions that I do. So, in a sense, I'm picky as hell too! But for my own good! :lol:

Interesting that this should come up.

I actually refrained from mentioning my age when I introduced myself because the guy I like is 18 years older than I am. I think it is fascinating that people react so strongly. I have dated a few older guys. The real reason I dislike dating older guys is they are majorly, and unintentionally, condescending. It's almost like they are waiting for the opportunity to pat me on the head when I say something cute. I get the sense that people think that I am being taken advantage of when they find out I am dating someone older. I actually reciprocate when someone shows an interest in me. It isn't like I am being convinced of someone's attractiveness. I have been with guys my age as well. The plus side of someone your own age: less baggage. No ex-wives to deal with... I can't imagine being with someone I didn't find attractive though. Sorry, people who complain about discrimination. Facts is facts. :D

well I am gonna keep this real simple besides giving out the reasons, theories, experiences in all the stuff you all were saying...

I am keeping my girl in age range of 8 yrs younger to a year older then I am... my age is 35. But if the girl is young like 25, she has to convince me she is not wasting my time.

The plus side of someone your own age: less baggage. No ex-wives to deal with... I can't imagine being with someone I didn't find attractive though. Sorry, people who complain about discrimination. Facts is facts. :D

i agree with u here...
theres both pros n cons of dating with someoneone younger, older or the same age..
i tend to date with men my age or older and ive always had this thing for the men 10+ my seniors... :laugh2:

Back