After Effects

rimjhim

Reaction score
In After Effects...how can i import .dat file??
Pls Help...

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can somebody help rimjhim out please? Thank you Merry Christmas and God Bless...:) :thumb:

Heath said:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Can somebody help rimjhim out please? Thank you Merry Christmas and God Bless...:) :thumb:
u seems to be a very interesting personality...u never reply with a solution of my problem but u ask others to help me...really very interesting...

That is just how I am and I would want helped if I was in a situation where I do need help :) :thumb:

travisdoesmath said:
but is it a movie or a picture or what?

It is a movie...which i want to edit in premier 6 and then want to give effect in after effects

rimjhim said:
It is a movie...which i want to edit in premier 6 and then want to give effect in after effects

where did you get the movie from? Have you already edited it in Premiere?

travisdoesmath said:
where did you get the movie from? Have you already edited it in Premiere?

these are movie clips and i have copied it from CD...now i want to import it in premier to edit that but premier doesn't support .dat file...and here i am facing problem...there is a technique to import .dat file in premier and i don't remember that so asking for help from u guys if u can suggest me something to inport .dat file in premier 6....so that i can edit that...thanks

rimjhim said:
these are movie clips and i have copied it from CD...now i want to import it in premier to edit that but premier doesn't support .dat file...and here i am facing problem...there is a technique to import .dat file in premier and i don't remember that so asking for help from u guys if u can suggest me something to inport .dat file in premier 6....so that i can edit that...thanks

well, .dat isn't a specific file type, so there's no way to tell After Effects or Premiere how the information is encoded, and it's possible that the dat files use a proprietary encoding scheme that After Effects/Premiere can't decode at all.

What was the CD from? If you're lucky, they might just be quicktime movies or something and we might be able to force AE/Premiere to open them

Giddy,
I have experiences with After effect program for 3 years. "dat" isn't a specific file type. Only you can import file as quicktime ("mov"), photoshop ("psd", "esp", "png") will be excellence result to import the files in after effect. Do not import the file as "jpg", "gif" and some other files as low quality can be impact your work.
If you have problem with After effect program please go to click for "Tutor After Effect" and it free!
After Effects Tutorials
After Effects Simple Tricks

If you got problem and i happy to help you with after effect.

Cheers,
Geek chick

Back