Advice

awilli414

Reaction score
My son is HOH wears aids. He begged to go to karate so I let him. He has a one on one who gives him direct instruction and theres is a group leader. He was hurt last week. I asked him what happened he said that te boy was blocking his view. He's not allowed to wear his aids in class or fights and I worry he will be hurt. I spoke to the teacher and he asked me if he was a hearing child would I be so worried? I had no answer anyone care to comment...

My son is HOH wears aids. He begged to go to karate so I let him. He has a one on one who gives him direct instruction and theres is a group leader. He was hurt last week. I asked him what happened he said that te boy was blocking his view. He's not allowed to wear his aids in class or fights and I worry he will be hurt. I spoke to the teacher and he asked me if he was a hearing child would I be so worried? I had no answer anyone care to comment...

One may get hurt in martial arts - that comes with the territory. And the instructor was right.

I play sports or workout without wearing my hearing aid. Im sure that your son just learned and he is working on using his eyes to observe more than relying on listening. I believe that he still likes to go to karate. It has nothing to do with hearing.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Boys get hurt. That's what they do. If not in martial arts, in the back yard with their friends. I once caught the boys ready to sled down the stairs. lol Keep an eye on them and know that they'll be ok even if they get stitches or an injury.

Boys get hurt. That's what they do. If not in martial arts, in the back yard with their friends. I once caught the boys ready to sled down the stairs. lol Keep an eye on them and know that they'll be ok even if they get stitches or an injury.

LOL

same for my boy. He often gets hurt over careless stuff to experiment with. I keep telling my kid to slowww downnnnn.

I caught my son getting ready to ramp his bike over two trashcans stacked on top of each other!:laugh2: We were known on first name basis in the ER. :giggle:

All 3 of mine were in Tae won do, and all had their sparring gear. My oldest got kicked in the leg by the instructor (while sparring), and yeah, he was hurt.....(mainly his "pride")...but he hung in there, and limped around for a few days....My youngest has been a skateboarding enthuist for a few years. He does have the gear, but won't wear it soon as he is out of my sight...he's come in all battered up at times, has broke so many boards also.
My middle boy now is into wrestling, and comes home from practice with aches & pains.....
Boys will be boys! I'd rather them play sports than to attempt any scientific project at home!...Such as making bombs and such...:giggle:

Back