Advanced Bionics HiRes90k is back in Europe

That's the one that shocked people? I bet they will lose business just like Tylenol did years ago when people were poisoned.

It may take time to rebound.

Looks like that of all recipients of the implant, only 2 were identified as faulty and caused the voluntary recall. Both patients involved were re-implanted with AB before the recall and are reportedly doing well.

Looks like that of all recipients of the implant, only 2 were identified as faulty and caused the voluntary recall. Both patients involved were re-implanted with AB before the recall and are reportedly doing well.

not really, these are the PR at AB who are saying this to reduce the impact of the recall and shutting down on producing or implanting it for over 6-8 months or may be more, many people are getting faulty parts and they have to redo the surgery again, don't believe the posts on AB forum, it's their forums, they won't allow any negative posts even if someone posts complaining that his/her device is faulty, which is unfair and illegal since it does not go with our First Amendment Right of FREE speech
I bet they will have another set back soon which is related preventing people from expressing their opinion even their own implantees.

Well thats good, if AB had their implants at the time i needed the implants a few months ago, i would of probably of had gone with AB again. Good to see theyre back on market and hopefully the future is better for the company than is has been in the past.

Last edited:
I myself would still pick AB for myself, if I ever get the CI. I've been following the recall news. Hopefully the FDA will approve AB soon enough for USA use.

not really, these are the PR at AB who are saying this to reduce the impact of the recall and shutting down on producing or implanting it for over 6-8 months or may be more, many people are getting faulty parts and they have to redo the surgery again, don't believe the posts on AB forum, it's their forums, they won't allow any negative posts even if someone posts complaining that his/her device is faulty, which is unfair and illegal since it does not go with our First Amendment Right of FREE speech
I bet they will have another set back soon which is related preventing people from expressing their opinion even their own implantees.

I am unclear. Can you explain to me where it is written that you have a right to your "1st Amendment FREE speech" on a privately owned server? As an example, on this forum there is no "right to free speech". The owner of the server / forum is allowed to censor. I fail to see where this "right" come from.

Here is what the 1st A is

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So in the alleged offense, did congress make a law preventing you from posting? Have you been prevented from petitioning the government from a redress of grievances?

You must realize, on priate property (and on private servers) you have no 1st Amendment rights. If the property owner doesn't like what you are saying/doing you must leave of cease the activity. The next option is criminal charges that normally start with tresspassing.

C1

Back