Adjusting to Not Being Able to HeR

bshorty

Reaction score
Hello I just found this site for the hard of hearing and deaf (excuse my terminology as I am new to this)
I have been hard of hearing for about 5 years. I normally use hearing aids but in Mid November of 2013 one of them broke so I had to rely on just one. Then in March of 2014 I started to have a series of infections that finally I could no longer hear with just one hearing aid. So now both hearing aids are broke and cannot hear which has caused me to go on short term disability til my new hearing aids are ready, but that is a process in the making so don't get me started on that. So here I am not being able to hear.
I am a mother of 3. I have 2 boys, one that was stillborn and has not been forgotten and a daughter. I am happily married to a very understanding man who I will be married to for 14 years coming up in 2 weeks.
Getting to know others that are somewhat in the same boat as me is why I have joined this forum.

Welcome.....nice seeing another member from California.

Welcome to AD, I am in the same boat with you on the HA breaking, but my hearing is much worst where the HA dont really help me anymore anyways. Its a whole new experience not being able to hear.

Back