About Aruba Missing Girl

what would you do?

• Trust her, let her go, danger is anywhere anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not let her go.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Let her go, but you will go, too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • prepare her to be on a lookout before she goes....

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

The*Empress

Reaction score

It is sad on that little little island, nobody can find Natalee, the missing girl...

Have you guys read the news about Natalee Holloway?

Attorney general says no physical evidence that U.S. teen murdered in Aruba
By PETER PRENGAMAN, AP

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) - One month to the day after Natalee Holloway disappeared, investigators have found no physical evidence that the U.S. teenager was murdered, Aruba's attorney general said Thursday.

"There are no traces or facts to come to the conclusion that Natalee is no longer alive," Attorney General Caren Janssen told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "But that doesn't mean we can't prosecute without a body. It's difficult but not impossible."

Janssen declined to reveal what other evidence investigators might have.

Holloway's stepfather, George "Jug" Twitty, said the family wasn't surprised by the attorney general's comments and was not losing hope that the truth would be found.

"We may have no physical evidence, but there is a lot of other evidence of what may have happened in this case," Twitty told the AP. "There are lies, tales and changing stories" of the three men detained in the disappearance.

Janssen said that the father of a Dutch teenager arrested in the disappearance gave his son and two arrested friends legal advice, telling them that "without a body there is no case."

"He confirmed to me that he told them that a few days after she disappeared," Janssen said.

Dutch teenager Joran van der Sloot, 17, along with friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, were the last people seen with Holloway the night she vanished, on May 30. The three were questioned in the days after the disappearance, but were not arrested until June 9. No one has been charged.

The Dutch teen's father, Paul van der Sloot, was arrested June 23 but released a few days later when a judge ruled there wasn't enough evidence to hold him.

Janssen said the elder van der Sloot, a 52-year-old judge in training in Aruba, also obstructed authorities' investigation by asking one of his son's friends, who had been interrogated, what he told police.

"The father and the mother have asked a friend of Joran to come to their home to tell them what he has explained to the police," Janssen said. "And that was an obstruction of the investigation."

But Janssen said Paul van der Sloot had been arrested for being a suspect in the disappearance, not for obstructing the investigation.

Calls to the van der Sloot's residence Thursday seeking comment were not answered.

Janssen, who has been mostly tightlipped the past month, said she had decided to speak out in recent days because "there has been so much misinformation in the American press."

"I'm the lead prosecutor and I want to show that we are not a bunch of cowboys here," she said.

Janssen declined to give details on what had been inaccurately reported.

Janssen's comments come as a group of volunteer rescuers from Texas began a sixth day of searches for Holloway with still no sign of her.

The searches, which began Saturday, have allowed the private rescue group to eliminate many areas and prepare for more intense investigations of other places where Holloway's remains could be found, said Jessica Marish, assistant director of Dickinson-based Texas EquuSearch.

Marish said the group also began a partial pullout from Aruba on Wednesday, with nine of the 27 volunteers returning home, including five of the original seven divers and three of the four dogs.

Marish said the 17 remaining volunteers would be on the Caribbean Dutch island at least through Sunday and possibly longer. They also planned to get more volunteers and dogs to Aruba by Friday, she said, but couldn't give specifics.

Massive searches by FBI agents, Dutch Marines, Aruban police and thousands of islanders have produced no trace of Holloway, a recent high school graduate from Mountain Brook, Alabama.

If I have a teenage daughter, I would teach her about safety, and don't be wild, and stay with the group, and don't break up. I remember when I was at CSUN, during Venice Beach, the deaf leaders said the group can break up and shop and stuff, but I didn't want the group to break up, cause I don't know the new location very well, and I ended up with a sitter. So if I have a teenage daughter, I will tell her if the group leader said that the group can break up, I would tell her to make sure she has extra cash for taxi, and don't ride with anybody, especially men, and be street smart..... call cops if have to. But dang, I don't think I would want my teenage daughter to go far far away place.... but oh well can't protect children from predators these days.

What would you do if your teenage daughter want to go to other country or somewhere far in USA?

Well, I'm not sure yet, my daughter isn't old enough to travel yet. But it can happen anywhere all over the world.. not just another country. It can happen today while walking to your driveway from your house. just be alert and aware of what's around you..

well, about Natalie, she only lives about an hour and a half from me. Its got to be the hardest thing to do especially the mother having to sit at home a 1,000 miles away wondering what happened to her daughter. My heart goes out to her and her family! I pray for her safe return OR that her body will be found so the family could have some closures.

Yea, I agree with RebelGirl... It's shame. If my kids going on graduation trips to Cancun, Aruba, or some islands, I must go with them and watch like a hawk. Outside the house is dangerous if you don't watch out for yourself. It's hard to watch your kids all the time. That girl's family are having a hard time, and I hope someday they will find the body and bring back home. If found alive, that girl will go thru all the trauma.

if they can't find her, then the bad guys must be very lucky.

What about the water, maybe she took a swim and maybe
the shark got her or something?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
if they can't find her, then the bad guys must be very lucky.

What about the water, maybe she took a swim and maybe
the shark got her or something?

I think you have it half right. I think someone raped her, killed her, and then dumped her body in the ocean where the sharks and other marine animals got to her.

Yes, I have seen the news about Natalee on tv and newspapers. Her Uncle and Aunt live here in Arkansas that's where we live. I hope they will find her and bring her home to her family safe.

It is so sad to see the news about Natalee. Her family lives here in Birmingham, Alabama that is where I live.

If I was her, I would stick with the group because I don't trust people out there that I never been there before. I do have a feeling that someone did raped her and killed her since there is no evidence out there. Hopefully someone would come and admit out of their chests so Natalee's family can move on without wonder where she is right now.

Back