A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I am no longer traveling on MegaBus. it takes too long to reach a destination!!!! around here - MegaBus is a double-decker so that means it has limited routes to use. Now I will be using Bolt Bus.

It was a suggestion for Chicagoblue bec he doesn't fly. He can take a train as another option and I suggested megabus. You mentioned Bolt bus that can be a resource for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is the iguana when showering. If i take my finger away she will panic. So i must be there the whole time. She makes sure i dont leave

Tree being removed, presumably for safety reasons, and after last Saturday's violent winds, I'm not surprised.

On a related topic, this is how bad it was last Saturday, which threatened to knock our power out.

A small plane? it's very cramped and the turbulence is much more pronounced. it would add to your stress and anxiety.

and plus - it's more expensive than jumbo jet.... and it has a limited range unless you're talking about a private jet

I took a small plane from Boston to Maine and I could feel the turbulence
a lot more than a large plane. The flight to Maine and back Boston was a very bumpy flight . But I had just flow 3,000 miles to get to Boston a few days before so I was fine with flying on a small plane.

Tree being removed, presumably for safety reasons, and after last Saturday's violent winds, I'm not surprised.

On a related topic, this is how bad it was last Saturday, which threatened to knock our power out.

Tree was most likely cut down so keep it from knocking out the power lines.
We where getting a bad storm last year and the city when around checking for trees that could knock out a power line. It helped as we lost no power .

Tree was most likely cut down so keep it from knocking out the power lines.
We where getting a bad storm last year and the city when around checking for trees that could knock out a power line. It helped as we lost no power .

That's what I was thinking. You can see a few of them there, and there are two more above where I am standing. Ironically, we did lose power the same way in 2011, when lightening struck a tree and brought down a huge branch that took out a power line, our electric meter, and caused thousands of dollars in damages and repairs. We we without power for an entire week, as our fuse box needed a major upgrade, and a new electrical box had to be constructed. We also lost ALL of our food, as well.

it's still

"WE WILL REBUILD"
earthquakechairs.jpg

which doesn't happen in Chicago

Actually it has. Not the city itself, but the suburbs. A few of them have been hit in recent years, but not for a while. Last tornado to touch down up here was 2013, I believe, in Boone County.

Actually it has. Not the city itself, but the suburbs. A few of them have been hit in recent years, but not for a while. Last tornado to touch down up here was 2013, I believe, in Boone County.

minor damage I'm sure

No, this is what storm damage often looks like in the Midwest.

tor11.jpg

I was in OK after they had a hurricane and my friends show we some of the damages they had. Cars where piles on top of one another as if the where toys and the cars where all twisted up. It was horrible, houses done etc. I would not want to be in a hurricane like had. We had lost houses on are on the beach . 6 houses got washed away or had to been knocked down.

I was in OK after they had a hurricane and my friends show we some of the damages they had. Cars where piles on top of one another as if the where toys and the cars where all twisted up. It was horrible, houses done etc. I would not want to be in a hurricane like had. We had lost houses on are on the beach . 6 houses got washed away or had to been knocked down.

In Iowa we have had I believe three towns pretty much destroyed by tornados in the last ten years or less.

EF3. No violent tornado has struck this area since Plainfield in 1990, and that was an F5, the only tornado that powerful to strike this region.

that didn't answer my question. minor damage, yes?

In Iowa we have had I believe three towns pretty much destroyed by tornados in the last ten years or less.

I had seen that on the news and it's just terrible. People had lost houses to storms out here b/c the their houses was build right next the ocean . When I first moved here a realtor agent showed me a house and the ocean was the back yard. I was very insulted that she thought I would even think of looking at the house. I might had well just dumped my $$$ into the ocean.

Making a BBQ chicken salad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back