A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to do something this weekend.. gonna be nutty for sure Saturday night for a wedding social which my 3rd nephew got me ticket as he is MC for the event there.. and then Sunday afternoon for the staff bbq party at my pizza job in other place .. hehe..

so my friend said -

now that I'm definitely applying for PhD starting fall 2011, I cannot decide which area to pursue. PhD in operations research will be most useful to my current job, PhD in economics will bring amazing new opportunities, and PhD in mathematics will be the most exciting / difficult for me. What to do... what to do...

and I replied
easy answer. economics. the only goal in life is to make money. a lot of money. if you have problem with that - then go throw your life away by making somebody richer at your expense

agree or not? :hmm:

so my friend said -

and I replied

agree or not? :hmm:

To make money I would say finance.....Economics is more of a science.

But then again if it's about money a PhD is probably a waste because stats I read in the past said that salaries go down once you go past a Masters

Could have changed though..... :dunno:

To make money I would say finance.....Economics is more of a science.

But then again if it's about money a PhD is probably a waste because stats I read in the past said that salaries go down once you go past a Masters

Could have changed though..... :dunno:

I agree but I'm just picking from what he listed. He's already got 2 degrees plus Master. Cornell alumni. Lockheed Martin engineer. math genius.

but not the management type though. he's more of number-cruncher type.

I agree but I'm just picking from what he listed. He's already got 2 degrees plus Master. Cornell alumni. Lockheed Martin engineer. math genius.

but not the management type though. he's more of number-cruncher type.

Gotcha..... Then I would pick math for the challenge

I play poker with a bunch of Lockheed engineers. Lockheed used to have it's own employee golf course here.....very nice. They took me to play it alot

Gotcha..... Then I would pick math for the challenge
I was trying to get him to have a business-oriented mindset but oh well. He wants to do this because he views it as NY Times crossword puzzle - "stimulating". he is what he is.

I play poker with a bunch of Lockheed engineers. Lockheed used to have it's own employee golf course here.....very nice. They took me to play it alot
wonder if he plays golf :hmm:

How's everyone? :)

I am more excited for my story and writing more more more. X) I'm doing good, and not much to say. Eheh...

How do you view at the student's return to school? Expound as much as you can possible can about your views.

Ah gotcha!

Uh.. I think in part a lot of us college students really wanted to be back
at least for the terps in training I know of..
some of us.. *me* were excited to go back.. but once we were back.. we felt a bit overwhelmed with the amount of work.

It seems the closer I get to graduating the more work load i get. ugh!

I wish i was back in high school!:P

I totally love my teaching schedule this year!!!! My prep time is in the last hour of the day..YES!!!! I can relax while planning instead of hurrying to finish before my students return. :)

ha ha ha .... they only are called praying because it looks like they are, not because they are praying! :dance:

I remember learning about them in the fifth grade oral deaf class (i was in the fifth grade reading class because of my reading skills even though I entered the mainstream in the 4th grade) and one guy in my class asked if praying mantis went to church.

Wirelessly posted

Feeling a bit better got errands to do need more rest

Wirelessly posted

violet said:
Wirelessly posted

Feeling a bit better got errands to do need more rest

Hope you're back to feeling great soon!
rest as much as possible :)

Thanks Violet will do get more rest being sick in hot weather is no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back