A Shirt Logo about NJ...

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Attn: New Jerseyans... (non-new-jerseyans are welcome, likewise!)

Was browsing by a store (Urban Outfitters) in Melrose here in Los Angeles and my eyes came across with tee shirts and the statements about several each state printed on it...

Examples:

"Getting Lucky in Kentucky"

"Everyone in California Loves Me"

"I am big as Texas"

.... they are awesome, but there is one certain shirt that caught my eyes ever closer...

"New Jersey: The Only Strong Survive"

I am trying to interpret it from the meaning of this statement, but since there are plently of Jerseyans here in this forum, so I thought I would ask around and see what you are generalizing from this statement....

Of course, I had to ponder about this since I am a Jersey orgin myself...

Hmmm?? Any comments?!?

in new jersey, we do not welcome strong people.

is that interpreted enough?

Originally posted by s i m o n s e z
in new jersey, we do not welcome strong people.

is that interpreted enough?

Not welcoming strong people? Why?

A friend told me that her interpretion is that people had to be STRONG in order to live in Jersey since it is a heck of a state...

I am still seeking for a good meaning behind of this... haven't came across with one yet.

new jersey... well.... umm.... we're strong, those who arent, arent welcome, get it?

Yes, got it... it might be true... :P

Guess I need to see another side of NJ as I return this summer - it had been a LONG while since I had been "away" for a long time!

Perhaps for these who are not strong, they need to survive in order to make it through! Ha...

These statements do bring in a whim of an irony :)

Back