A Question.

The DEAF don't really have to worry about anyone yelling. Silence is sometimes-golden!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

The DEAF don't really have to worry about anyone yelling. Silence is sometimes-golden!

You can still see their scary little faces!

What Jillio and many of us are trying to tell you that capital DEAF mean you are yelling at us for being DEAF like screaming at us. That is the capitals. We still use deaf and Deaf, just two words only. Not the third one. Understand what I am saying here? :cool2:

Hello,

I've not posted in here for a long time, but I have started to try and come back on here more often.

I am currently working on my final year dissertation at University and being deaf myself want to do something on deafness. I'm thinking for one part of the research could be to look at hearing people's attitudes towards the deaf.

So, I was wondering, what do you think hearing people's attitudes are towards the deaf?

Once I actually start the research it would be great if some of you could help me in my research, but will post up a new thread nearer the time.

I am a hearing person and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. I can't speak for all hearing people of course, but I'm willing to give you my personal feedback.

Strange discussions re DEAF-silence. That is MY condition since December 20.2006. Re labeling won't "bring hearing back" pfh is correct. I will continue describing my condition that way.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Back