a question for deaf LGBT folks

curtistharder

Reaction score
As someone who is hearing, I don't know much about the deaf culture. I know and understand that I have hearing privilege, so I am just curious. Do you find the LGBT community to be inclusive of deaf people? If not is there anything that you feel the community could change to make it more inclusive?

As someone who is hearing, I don't know much about the deaf culture. I know and understand that I have hearing privilege, so I am just curious. Do you find the LGBT community to be inclusive of deaf people? If not is there anything that you feel the community could change to make it more inclusive?
Hi Curtis I'm Bobby624 an I'm new to the group and you seem to be as well, basically gay people are the friendliest people on earth of course you do have those that are more esentric out there. Go your neighborhood stomping grounds and put notices ion the board or a shout out with your groups and you'll find perhaps many LGBTQ in the community start a social gatherings and take it from there and you should be ok. Learn your ASL, read lips that one does take a lot skill and patience also being a gay or lesbian is difficult enough in today's society. Me as a gay man and retired because of my hearing impairment and currently I also have an amputated 3/4 foot, I lost my five toes on my right foot 2 1/2 years ago from a generic bacteria infection but I'm infection free so when I can get back into the dating pool I will encounter some obstacles but it will also make me a stronger person.
It's basically how you carry yourself in any situation. Don't play games it's not worth it we're adults all looking for the right mix, remember we're not perfect we all life and baggage out there it's just where you what to be in life.
Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Back