A Movement of the Soul play

Crystar16

Reaction score
Join us for a special performance of A Movement of the Soul, a story of how the first school for the Deaf was established and catapulted the growth of other Deaf schools all over the nation, giving the Deaf community the ability to accomplish their dreams. Find out about the intriguing events that inspired it all!

A Movement of the Soul, a new play in two acts, centers around Laurent Clerc, the Deaf French teacher who started the first school for the Deaf in America with Reverend Thomas Gallaudet and the tumult caused by Clerc’s engagement to his Deaf students, Eliza Boardman. The play will be performed in ASL, English, French and dance. It is being presented by Berkshire Playwrights Lab in Association with Jeff Ash with assistance from New York Theatre Workshop, Lexington School For the Deaf, and LaGuardia Community College Interpreter Program.

Writer: Carol Schneider
Director: Joe Cacaci
Choreographer: Alexandria Wailes
Sign Master: Lewis Merkin
Cast: Frank Dattolo (Laurent Clerc), Alexandria Wailes (Eliza Boardman), Anatol Yusef (Thomas Gallaudet), Candace Broecker, Jordan Lage, Michael Wikes and Stephanie Zimmering.

All proceeds go to benefit the Lexington Foundation, which supports the Lexington School for the Deaf, the Lexington Hearing and Speech Center, Lexington Vocational Services, and the Lexington Center for Mental Health Services. We will love to see you all there!

Date & Time: Saturday, May 14 at 8pm

Tickets: $10 adults, $5 students

Location: Ralph & Ricky Lauren Center for the Performing Arts
Lexington School & Center for the Deaf
30th Ave & 75th St, Jackson Heights, NY 11370

For more info, please contact Trisha Hanudel at thanudel@lexnyc.org

Attachments

• Berkshire.jpg
    Berkshire.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

I want to correct my mistake. The admission is $10 for everyone. There is no student fees or whatsoever. I apologize for the misinformation.

Just to clarify again, the admission is $10 dollars.

Hope to see you all there!!

Back