A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Today is very nice out so I broke out my motorcycle and rode to work but realizing it was so WiNdY!! I literally leaning my motorcycle on one side when gust of wind blew on left side. I had to slow down from 60mph to 50mph to stablize my motorcycle. Although it's 1,000lbs but regardless its weight, gust of 40- 45mph wind can cause motorcycle to lean one side itself and trailing off the road slowly. I can stay straight but what I really hate the most is "Road Snakes" which is a tar snaking in middle of right or left lane where it covers middle of lane (because Cars and Trucks made a "ruts" on road over time causing long straight crack in between "ruts". ) Wind kept blowing me into "Road Snake" path so I had to slow down and pull off to clean spot next to it. Yike!

I could imagine if one riding a dirt or multi-purpose motorcycle which are lightweight and they get blown off the road within gust of 40mph wind while riding at 60mph :eek2:

Right?

Catty

oh heck yea I'm in but when? no idea *scratch my head*

Let me throw out some dates. If anyone knows of any conflicting events at Deal's Gap or wherever, we could change it. How about the weekends of 13-15 or 20-22 April. From SC the weather is already HOT. Maybe travel from the North would not be too bad.

Of course severe weather reports from further West would have to be considered also. My body does not want to ride in a tornado. :eek3:

I was thinking of either renting a cabin or bring my tent.

Also, I just wanted to ride it normally. It is said there are lot of deputies patrolling.

Let me throw out some dates. If anyone knows of any conflicting events at Deal's Gap or wherever, we could change it. How about the weekends of 13-15 or 20-22 April. From SC the weather is already HOT. Maybe travel from the North would not be too bad.

Of course severe weather reports from further West would have to be considered also. My body does not want to ride in a tornado. :eek3:

Also, I just wanted to ride it normally. It is said there are lot of deputies patrolling.

I will do my level best to get the Goldwing running by then.

I have a vague recollection of this but kinda doubt it was on Deal's Gap unless it has some decent road for what we are talking about here....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo]deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail - YouTube[/ame]

it might be quite difficult for me to get down there because in April, it's still cold from here to Virginia. I remember last year, April was the rainest month. miserable. I pray that this year is very favorable.

it might be quite difficult for me to get down there because in April, it's still cold from here to Virginia. I remember last year, April was the rainest month. miserable. I pray that this year is very favorable.

You can stay with me Jiro if you want - we have room. Deal's Gap is about a 3 hour drive from me though. I wish airportcop could come too (and of course, Tousi and purplecatty).

You can stay with me Jiro if you want - we have room. Deal's Gap is about a 3 hour drive from me though. I wish airportcop could come too (and of course, Tousi and purplecatty).

I would love to come, here's the problem, I live in Kansas and Deal's Gap is in Tenn and Carolina (am I right??). Itll take me about 14 hrs ride plus sore flat butt. Lol.

I know 13 deaf motorcycle riders from Olathe, KS and Kansas City area. They get together once every year. I didnt get updated information and who's responsible for planning. I am going to ask one of Deaf Biker to get me in then itll be 14th Deaf Biker lol. I was told that they go 300 miles ride. Also told that one guy forbid Harley Davidson motorcycles unless its well maintained and capable of travelling long trip without breaking down. Not a problem for me :grin:

I hope I might bump into Deafie Biker in other state lol.

Catty

Right now I am flexible so May, June, etc. is fine. I am starting college again but don't know my schedule or if there are any classes in the next semester. But still I don't see any immediate hindrances.

Hey, I am planning on buying a 1985 honda nighthawk 450cc for my first bike.
The price they guy is asking is $1250 and I wondering if that is a good deal. If anyone here is selling their bike I would be very interested as well. Another thing I have to write my M-1 and the bike course, which is no problem because I live a 10 minute walk away from a community college. Is this course difficult? Does it make a significant difference on your insurance?

Hey, I am planning on buying a 1985 honda nighthawk 450cc for my first bike.
The price they guy is asking is $1250 and I wondering if that is a good deal. If anyone here is selling their bike I would be very interested as well. Another thing I have to write my M-1 and the bike course, which is no problem because I live a 10 minute walk away from a community college. Is this course difficult? Does it make a significant difference on your insurance?

1) It all depends on the condition & mileage of the bike. Here in the USA, if the bike is in perfect condition, there is no rust inside the fuel tank, all the seals are new or replaced, tires are new, chain & sprockets are like new, then the bike might be worth $1200.

2) A good rule of thumb is that when buying a used bike, expect to pay an additional $300 to $600 for upgrades, repairs, etc.

3) Not sure of Canadian laws, but here in the US, you are required to pass a test to get your M license. There are 2 ways to do this, either do a parking lot test at the motor vehicle dep't, or take the safety course for a couple days.

Difficulty of the course all depends on your experience. If you are an avid bicyclist, it helps. Do you know how to drive a manual transmission? If yes, you will know how to operate the clutch. If not, you have a lot to learn.

Taking the safety course entitles us to a 10% discount on our insurance premiums.

The Nighthawk 450 is a small, easy bike to learn on. It was the first bike I rode, and now I have a Nighthawk 750.

If you do get the bike, sign up at nighthawk-forums.com for a wealth of information.

stevenmotorcycle.jpg

I really wish that was my bike lol

faceinhole.com picture

and now.... my riding season has begun... couple weeks earlier than my prediction. ride safe and fast! :cool2:

Yeah!!! Took mine out for a 50 mile ride recently. Can't wait till the grass grows so I can go camping.

IMG0043-XL.jpg

My first Bike is Suzuki VL800 -- I am still riding on it. It' like riding bicycle after 25 years "motorcycle drought" :lol:

Yesterday, I let my oldest son ride my motorcycle on school parking lot. He begged to ride it and I told him to ride on first gear for the starter. He did pretty well and learned real quickly. He really love it so much and it was so much fun. He admitted that my bike is really heavy when he almost dropped it on stop (I was next to him tho). He strained while trying to upright it. I helped him to pull it upright quickly :lol: I told him it's a powerful beast and careful not to flick up throttle. Just today, he asked me if I can ride on passenger seat while he rides. I went ahead to see how he do around the block and he did great. He said steering was kinda strange in handling while having passenger on back.

He would love to get Motorcycle license. I told him to wait until he's 18,. My wife would not allow any of my kids to drive motorcycle until they're 18 but mind you, my son is 15 years old and I am just doing it under her radar :squint: My son is nearly as tall as I am and he sits on motorcycle comfortably (Because I lowered it 2 inches last year, not because of my height. I'm nearly 6 ft tall, It just that I wanted better steering control). He said he wanted to ride my motorcycle during his Senior year and show off his friends lol. Eh! I ll think about it!!

:giggle:

Catty

Right now I am flexible so May, June, etc. is fine. I am starting college again but don't know my schedule or if there are any classes in the next semester. But still I don't see any immediate hindrances.

I'm feeling more and more confident that this year will be kind to us. it might be a dry season after all....

I'm game with whatever ya'all come up with! (I think... but I'm pretty sure I'll be cool with it :) )

can't wait for my new helmet to arrive today.

I got Scorpion EXO-1000 Apollo. 50% off cuz it's a last year model. I was looking for a full-face helmet with retractable tinted visor cuz I wear glasses and it sux to keep switching between clear and tinted visors.

EXO1000-apollo-mblk.jpg

can't wait for my new helmet to arrive today.

I got Scorpion EXO-1000 Apollo. 50% off cuz it's a last year model. I was looking for a full-face helmet with retractable tinted visor cuz I wear glasses and it sux to keep switching between clear and tinted visors.

EXO1000-apollo-mblk.jpg

It looks nice!!

I'm feeling more and more confident that this year will be kind to us. it might be a dry season after all....

I'm game with whatever ya'all come up with! (I think... but I'm pretty sure I'll be cool with it :) )

I meet with my college advisor tomorrow to find out whether I have any free time or not. :Ohno:

Back