A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Just today, I just had "Ebayzavia". I ordered lot of stuff on Ebay for my motorcycle.

I got lucky grabbing nice used OEM exhaust pipe system for $51 with $34 sh/h. Most of listing averaging $120 to $450 (new OEM). Many have damages or have scrape and dents but asking too much $$'s. The exhaust I bought have small scratch that cannot be seen 10 ft away so It's no biggie to me. Then ordered driver back rest, bullet signal turner, and several items.

Then I decide to buy phone mount for motorcycle so that I can use my phone as GPS.

I went to Alter Ego Cycle store and look at 1/2 crashbar to see if it would be same as my motorcycle and asked Harley guy store clerk questions ect then tried out several helmet such as Nazi helmet, quarter helmets ect for fun of it. :lol:

I headed out and shopped at Harbor Freight Tools in my area and bought small drill press and bench grinder with brass wire brush so I can use it to work on my motorcycle and few other stuff.

I told my wife and kids that be expect deluge of packages coming to our house soon.

The seller just shipped my replacement exhaust today so I would expect few days arrival and can't wait to install it. That's my paramount for getting things ready.

Catty

Just today, I just had "Ebayzavia". I ordered lot of stuff on Ebay for my motorcycle.

I got lucky grabbing nice used OEM exhaust pipe system for $51 with $34 sh/h. Most of listing averaging $120 to $450 (new OEM). Many have damages or have scrape and dents but asking too much $$'s. The exhaust I bought have small scratch that cannot be seen 10 ft away so It's no biggie to me. Then ordered driver back rest, bullet signal turner, and several items.

Then I decide to buy phone mount for motorcycle so that I can use my phone as GPS.

I went to Alter Ego Cycle store and look at 1/2 crashbar to see if it would be same as my motorcycle and asked Harley guy store clerk questions ect then tried out several helmet such as Nazi helmet, quarter helmets ect for fun of it. :lol:

I headed out and shopped at Harbor Freight Tools in my area and bought small drill press and bench grinder with brass wire brush so I can use it to work on my motorcycle and few other stuff.

I told my wife and kids that be expect deluge of packages coming to our house soon.

The seller just shipped my replacement exhaust today so I would expect few days arrival and can't wait to install it. That's my paramount for getting things ready.

Catty

I love this for phone mount - Universal RAM X-Grip™ Holder & Mounts

works great!!!!

I love this for phone mount - Universal RAM X-Grip™ Holder & Mounts

works great!!!!

Yours looks almost the same as mine, It have 5th peg to hold bottom of phone. Made from Korea.

Here's the site where I bought it.

BIKE MOTORCYCLE cycle Bicycle stroller handle MOUNT HOLDER smart Phone iphone | eBay

For same reason like you, I like minimal blockage and strong hold. I decide to get one with 5th peg so that it is more secure if I hit a pothole and same as yours, can rotate 360 degree turns.

I browsed through many different phone mounts and it sure look like it's not really secured and some look incontinence (one with waterproof cover) That's what made me to decide to get this.

Today, I just ordered Spotlights (two spotlight and two turn signal on one bar) It's alternatively called Lightbar. It's made from China and cheaper. The metal bar is solid chromed and turn signal is the same as one I ordered for rear turn signal so I can have matching turn signals. But the spotlights are made of plastic and it use 1156 type bulb. Although it may not be as bright as Halogen. I decide that I would try 5 or 7 watts Cree superbright LED (Xeon White) bulb for Spotlight which is equally bright as Xeon bulb. The Spotlight and Turn signal have bolt on mount that are adjustable by swiveling. I can always rip out cheap plastic spotlights and install more expensive spotlights and keep everything else.

Chrome Turn Signal Spotlight for Suzuki Boulevard Intruder C50 C90 C109 VL 800 | eBay

Cree Superbright LED 1156 bulb

New 1156 BA15S CREE Q5 DC 12V-30V Car Wedge LED Reverse Lamp Light Bulb White EA | eBay

Last thing today, I'm going over to Shawnee Cycle shop to get information on Memphis Shade "Mephis Fats" or "Mephis Thin" with Trigger lock system for fast install and removal. I found it's cheaper locally than in Ebay. Because Trigger Lock kit cost $142.00 in Ebay while Shawnee cycle shop ony sell $115 for same thing. Windshield cost vary due to height and width. I forgot to ask my friend how tall his Volusia windshield because I would like it a bit shorter or taller than his. The reason is that my eye level was little over the top edge of his windshield. It's more likely I'm gonna buy it today :lol:

It seem that my replacement order are complete so It'll look more like real Harley cycle than stock look. It already fooled friends so well that few almost don't believe me it's Susuki :rofl: Even Cop last year wrote me a warning ticket and on the ticket wrote "2002 Harley". I thought it was so funny.

Catty

Yours looks almost the same as mine, It have 5th peg to hold bottom of phone. Made from Korea.

Here's the site where I bought it.

BIKE MOTORCYCLE cycle Bicycle stroller handle MOUNT HOLDER smart Phone iphone | eBay

For same reason like you, I like minimal blockage and strong hold. I decide to get one with 5th peg so that it is more secure if I hit a pothole and same as yours, can rotate 360 degree turns.

I browsed through many different phone mounts and it sure look like it's not really secured and some look incontinence (one with waterproof cover) That's what made me to decide to get this.
lol! it looks like they copied RAM X-Grip and to avoid patent lawsuit, they just simply add 5th grip lol!

Today, I just ordered Spotlights (two spotlight and two turn signal on one bar) It's alternatively called Lightbar. It's made from China and cheaper. The metal bar is solid chromed and turn signal is the same as one I ordered for rear turn signal so I can have matching turn signals. But the spotlights are made of plastic and it use 1156 type bulb. Although it may not be as bright as Halogen. I decide that I would try 5 or 7 watts Cree superbright LED (Xeon White) bulb for Spotlight which is equally bright as Xeon bulb. The Spotlight and Turn signal have bolt on mount that are adjustable by swiveling. I can always rip out cheap plastic spotlights and install more expensive spotlights and keep everything else.

Chrome Turn Signal Spotlight for Suzuki Boulevard Intruder C50 C90 C109 VL 800 | eBay

Cree Superbright LED 1156 bulb

New 1156 BA15S CREE Q5 DC 12V-30V Car Wedge LED Reverse Lamp Light Bulb White EA | eBay

Last thing today, I'm going over to Shawnee Cycle shop to get information on Memphis Shade "Mephis Fats" or "Mephis Thin" with Trigger lock system for fast install and removal. I found it's cheaper locally than in Ebay. Because Trigger Lock kit cost $142.00 in Ebay while Shawnee cycle shop ony sell $115 for same thing. Windshield cost vary due to height and width. I forgot to ask my friend how tall his Volusia windshield because I would like it a bit shorter or taller than his. The reason is that my eye level was little over the top edge of his windshield. It's more likely I'm gonna buy it today :lol:

It seem that my replacement order are complete so It'll look more like real Harley cycle than stock look. It already fooled friends so well that few almost don't believe me it's Susuki :rofl: Even Cop last year wrote me a warning ticket and on the ticket wrote "2002 Harley". I thought it was so funny.

Catty

hhmmmm 2 spotlights? some people choose spotlight on left side and floodlight on right side (common setup) or vice versa. some do use 2 floodlights. 2 spotlights are kinda overkill because it's very blinding.

I have one spotlight from ADVMonster Home Page and I haven't installed it yet.

lol! it looks like they copied RAM X-Grip and to avoid patent lawsuit, they just simply add 5th grip lol!

hhmmmm 2 spotlights? some people choose spotlight on left side and floodlight on right side (common setup) or vice versa. some do use 2 floodlights. 2 spotlights are kinda overkill because it's very blinding.

I have one spotlight from ADVMonster Home Page and I haven't installed it yet.

As for phone mount. Yes it look like avoiding copyright.

As for spotlight. It's not overkill, It's commonly used on many Cruiser Motorcycle.. I planned to spread out light to sides. ( probably 5 degree angle each) so I can see side of road for deers, anyone, or anything lurking. Also it's a safety factor for any "Cagers" see me miles away in dark. 3 lights (Light triangle) are more noticeable than one headlight. Also make bike looks bigger and meaner.

Today, I just ordered Mephis Fats windshield with Trigger lock system at Shawnee Cycle shop. I spent nearly $350 for it. The salesperson took demo windshield with engraved measurement (sizing chart) on it. I sat on Suzuki Volusia (2008) model which is similiar to mine and it already have windshield installed so he chucked it on front of it to measure. I like the height, 19 inches high. It's perfect and doesn't interfere with my sight. So he asked me what bottom half shade I wanted on the windshield. I told him black that would go with my bike :lol:

I believe I completed with orders so now am waiting for horde of parts coming in in next week or so!!

CAtty

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of fun with Spotwalla and Google Latitude. Gonna test it next Monday when I go to work. or maybe this Sunday assuming weather condition is good. There's a charity event for children's healthcare - Fall Foliage Run. It would be my 2nd time.

I'm having a lot of fun with Spotwalla and Google Latitude. Gonna test it next Monday when I go to work. or maybe this Sunday assuming weather condition is good. There's a charity event for children's healthcare - Fall Foliage Run. It would be my 2nd time.

I will try Google Latitude once I have phone mount. I wanted to enjoy it too. As for Motorcycle Rally in KS, basically they're fundraising gathering. There are calendar in website listing events per month. I believe you have in your state.

Catty

I will try Google Latitude once I have phone mount. I wanted to enjoy it too. As for Motorcycle Rally in KS, basically they're fundraising gathering. There are calendar in website listing events per month. I believe you have in your state.

Catty

you can just enable your Google Latitude app and leave it in your pocket. there's an option in setting that will continue to run in background but yea - it'll drain your battery.

you can just enable your Google Latitude app and leave it in your pocket. there's an option in setting that will continue to run in background but yea - it'll drain your battery.

I have 12v socket installed for my motorcycle. I don't have to worry about battery drain.

One thing, I was looking for 12v socket with magnet base. I don't find it in Ebay, and other website despite my effort trying to fiddle words around on search engine. Seriously, I saw and handled 12v socket with magnet base on motorcycle at dealership. I will have to ask them if they have it.

If not then I would go for handlebar mount one. I would clip it on front frame just to hide it so that I can plug adapter for my phone.

I bought new air compressor, 150psi, 17 gallon tank from Harbor Freight Tools store to replace my old one which is over 20 years old. It's failing due to pinhole hole in tank somewhere. It's losing air and pumping frequently now. (150psi compressor may sound like it's overkill but allow me to work much longer on die grinder and more oompah on airtools as well) so I can use heavy duty tools and die grinder to work on metal. I was thinking about re-do my forward control extension, using wider metal and also make new lowering bone with three adjustable holes so I can adjust heigh from 2", 2 1/2" or 3". (3" make motorcycle look slammed) and many more. I excelled metal working despite not having every tools for my creations.

I removed rear fender along with sissy bar and saddlebag. My bike look like a bobber for now because I need room to to tweak exhaust support frame which was little bent from accident and to install replacement exhaust system.

I was thinking about modify saddlebag so It'll be bolted on saddlebag support frame instead of fender strap. I would simply make 4 pieces metal that clamps on saddlebag support rod with 2" washer inside the bag. So that I can remove and replace mustang seat easily without struggle and to lessen paint damage on fender.

I may plan on repair front plastic fender because it have road scrapes on fender which means it need meduim and fine sandpaper to smooth it out then work on tank which have scratches all around. Then paint front, rear and tank with different color like copper color or dark metallic blue which would look nice on my bike.

catty

I have 12v socket installed for my motorcycle. I don't have to worry about battery drain.

One thing, I was looking for 12v socket with magnet base. I don't find it in Ebay, and other website despite my effort trying to fiddle words around on search engine. Seriously, I saw and handled 12v socket with magnet base on motorcycle at dealership. I will have to ask them if they have it.

If not then I would go for handlebar mount one. I would clip it on front frame just to hide it so that I can plug adapter for my phone.

magnetic base? what for? to attach it to bike? mine's bolted in.

I also bought USB socket - BurnsMoto - Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, RV - USB Weatherproof Power Socket - USB Charger with optional SAE to USB

usb-wp.jpg

magnetic base? what for? to attach it to bike? mine's bolted in.

I also bought USB socket - BurnsMoto - Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, RV - USB Weatherproof Power Socket - USB Charger with optional SAE to USB

usb-wp.jpg

Magnet base was molded into 12v socket and it have flat bottom. This allow it to attaches to gas tank or any metal frames. I don't know why it's not out in online market. There must be some kind of wordings or certain brand of magnet base 12v socket. I played with it a bit and it was so cool that I don't have to reach it in saddlebag while riding. If I can't really find it, no worry, I can always make one with hard drive magnet. It's real powerful enough to stick on tank or frame.

USB charger seem compact enough for most apps. I have long USB cord somewhere in my house and I can modify it to use HD magnet as a base. Worth it. Maybe you should try it too :lol:

How about this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-jack-ci...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1d83ec3d&vxp=mtr

Catty

Magnet base was molded into 12v socket and it have flat bottom. This allow it to attaches to gas tank or any metal frames. I don't know why it's not out in online market. There must be some kind of wordings or certain brand of magnet base 12v socket. I played with it a bit and it was so cool that I don't have to reach it in saddlebag while riding. If I can't really find it, no worry, I can always make one with hard drive magnet. It's real powerful enough to stick on tank or frame.

USB charger seem compact enough for most apps. I have long USB cord somewhere in my house and I can modify it to use HD magnet as a base. Worth it. Maybe you should try it too :lol:

How about this??

USB jack + cigarette lighter socket for motorcycle, DC station NSMS-003 | eBay

Catty

hmmmm never heard of magnetic socket though.... It's mostly either bolted in or screwed in (you make a hole in the body and insert a socket in)

41LSoOcaUFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

but if you really want to just attach it... then I guess you can try using industrial-strength velcro strap. I had one for my EZ Pass so I can put it on my handlebar and it's friggin' strong!

hmmmm never heard of magnetic socket though.... It's mostly either bolted in or screwed in (you make a hole in the body and insert a socket in)

41LSoOcaUFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

but if you really want to just attach it... then I guess you can try using industrial-strength velcro strap. I had one for my EZ Pass so I can put it on my handlebar and it's friggin' strong!

Sure no problem. If I see one, I can take pix of it me handling it. I'm surprised that it's not on any online stores, not even shown in search engine. It's actually factory made magnetic 12v socket on motorcycle tank.

Velcro would be great. I do have industrial strength too in my garage unused. I can use it as a last resort smile.

I can ask Volusiarider.com blog to see if anyone come up with link for 12v socket with magnet base. I'm sure someone have one.

Catty

Last edited:
Finally today! about half of parts arrived!! especially exhaust pipe system!! I was soo THRILLED and my son helped me install it and it look so nice, much nicer than my old exhaust pipes. Few scratches as Seller noted. Fired up engine and test it and it's same sound I have on old exhaust pipe.

I got today:

Exhaust Pipe system
Mini Bullet Turn Signals (2) for rear
LED/incandescent flasher relay for turn signal to replace OEM
Mirror holder replacement ( Finally need it so badly!!)
Driver backrest!! AAh I need it!

I cut and spliced and soldered OEM turn signal socket to new mini bullet turn signals then installed it. Oh man it's so nice and sexy! I plan on swap incandescent bulb to LED soon.

I removed left chrome cowl next to engine to access fusebox/flasher relay. I pulled old OEm turn flasher relay and swap to new LED flasher and installed it. I tested the flasher and front turn signal and speedo turn indicator no longer winking fast (while rear turn signal was disconnected). Now that I can swap out and install LED later.

I installed Driver Backrest and sat on seat and lean back a little. Oh man it's SO comfortable!! I'm happy to have it! I can now ride with one arm without tightening my abs to keep in position against wind.

Now I am waiting rest of the parts soon. My bike is lookling lot better now.

Will put up pix soon then.

Catty

Finally today! about half of parts arrived!! especially exhaust pipe system!! I was soo THRILLED and my son helped me install it and it look so nice, much nicer than my old exhaust pipes. Few scratches as Seller noted. Fired up engine and test it and it's same sound I have on old exhaust pipe.

I got today:

Exhaust Pipe system
Mini Bullet Turn Signals (2) for rear
LED/incandescent flasher relay for turn signal to replace OEM
Mirror holder replacement ( Finally need it so badly!!)
Driver backrest!! AAh I need it!

I cut and spliced and soldered OEM turn signal socket to new mini bullet turn signals then installed it. Oh man it's so nice and sexy! I plan on swap incandescent bulb to LED soon.

I removed left chrome cowl next to engine to access fusebox/flasher relay. I pulled old OEm turn flasher relay and swap to new LED flasher and installed it. I tested the flasher and front turn signal and speedo turn indicator no longer winking fast (while rear turn signal was disconnected). Now that I can swap out and install LED later.

I installed Driver Backrest and sat on seat and lean back a little. Oh man it's SO comfortable!! I'm happy to have it! I can now ride with one arm without tightening my abs to keep in position against wind.

Now I am waiting rest of the parts soon. My bike is lookling lot better now.

Will put up pix soon then.

Catty

installing LED signal to replace incandescent signal will blink faster. a simple diode will fix this.

installing LED signal to replace incandescent signal will blink faster. a simple diode will fix this.

Yes, but it requires you to cut and modify wire in order to it to blink normally. There is LED flasher module which consists two or three terminal. My LED flasher which functions same as OEM and it have 7 terminals because it consists two relays, one for flashing the turn signal and other half of relay responsible for horn. Which is why I rather not to molest wiring. This save me big time just to swap it out and get over with it.

I am planning to order 1156 type Superbright Amber LED for turn signals. There are several type of LEDs, clustered LED, SMD mount LED, and Cree LED. Cree LED is the brightest but more expensive. IT does get hot, typically 5 to 7 watts because it have cooling fins and have fish eye len on front. SMD mount LED can be between 6 to 40 LEDs but the problem is that over time, weather changes, SMD mount sometime come loose or fail its contact, causing some won't light. Cluster LED last longer. So I want to be sure that I choose one that would be bright enough to see on bright sunny day.

CAtty

Finally! I got most parts and today got half crashbar and installed one side and I totally forgotten to buy two more extra short bolts. Grrr!!

Here's pix what I did most of the job on my motorcycle. Also I bought Bad Boy air horn, 119 db loudness. I just want driver to "pay attention" to me. Sorry that it's gonna be a rude awakening to drivers who tried to cut into my side.

Here' the pix

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

Now my "Evil" Air horn :evil::twisted: I found nifty spot for air horn under fork because the horn itself it kinda too wide or thick to fit behind radiator (where the "meepers" are). So Instead of behind radiator, I found good spot where headlight bracket held by right bolt. I use long metric bolt and several nuts as a mid boltlock so I can give horn a bit of room. It's very secured spot and perfect.

IMAG0382.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

with chrome turn signal cover on

IMAG0389.jpg

I know you might suggest me a long horn with mini air compressor. I saw one at Harbor Freight tools, 4 horns and air compressor for $19 on sale. I'm not interested in that. It may be very loud but problem are the placement where I wanted it. I would prefer something compact so I grabbed it for $37.

I have done about 90% of my jobs on it. Hope I have few more coming in. I will have to rig relay and 14 gauge wires for airhorn. :evil:

Catty

Last edited:
Finally! I got most parts and today got half crashbar and installed one side and I totally forgotten to buy two more extra short bolts. Grrr!!

Here's pix what I did most of the job on my motorcycle. Also I bought Bad Boy air horn, 119 db loudness. I just want driver to "pay attention" to me. Sorry that it's gonna be a rude awakening to drivers who tried to cut into my side.

Now my "Evil" Air horn :evil::twisted: I found nifty spot for air horn under fork because the horn itself it kinda too wide or thick to fit behind radiator (where the "meepers" are). So Instead of behind radiator, I found good spot where headlight bracket held by right bolt. I use long metric bolt and several nuts as a mid boltlock so I can give horn a bit of room. It's very secured spot and perfect.

I know you might suggest me a long horn with mini air compressor. I saw one at Harbor Freight tools, 4 horns and air compressor for $19 on sale. I'm not interested in that. It may be very loud but problem are the placement where I wanted it. I would prefer something compact so I grabbed it for $37.

I have done about 90% of my jobs on it. Hope I have few more coming in. I will have to rig relay and 14 gauge wires for airhorn. :evil: Catty

Good choice. I have had the Bad Boy air horn for about 1 1/2 years. Added a relay to adapt for motorcycle. It is loud and people do notice. I have ridden through a couple of major rainstorms and it still works. A couple of times bikers riding next to me "beep" to get my attention, I "blast" a 'back at ya."

Nd
Good choice. I have had the Bad Boy air horn for about 1 1/2 years. Added a relay to adapt for motorcycle. It is loud and people do notice. I have ridden through a couple of major rainstorms and it still works. A couple of times bikers riding next to me "beep" to get my attention, I "blast" a 'back at ya."

:lol: Just tonight, I finished installing wire and secure it. At first, I use 10 amp fuse. It didnt last long, it went pfft :rofl: . I look for 20 amp fuse then found one under hood of my truck, it is for A/C clutch which I'm not using it due to fall weather.. I installed 20 amp then I rode to dump area to test airhorn. It was loud.. Im ready to us it. My sons asked me to honk it while it's in garage. Both of my sons jumped when I blast the horn. He said it was so loud eeww!!

Catty

Last edited:
Nd

:lol: Just tonight, I finished installing wire and secure it. At first, I use 10 amp fuse. It didnt last long, it went pfft :rofl: . I look for 20 amp fuse then found one under hood of my truck, it is for A/C clutch which I'm not using it due to fall weather.. I installed 20 amp then I rode to dump area to test airhorn. It was loud.. Im ready to us it. My sons asked me to honk it while it's in garage. Both of my sons jumped when I blast the horn. He said it was so loud eeww!!

Catty

I installed mine using the existing wires and mount from the old horn. Just added the additional wire via the relay. That way it was still fuse protected. I understand what you went through since you put it up front. :lol: That kind of horn should be standard on all bikes.

Back