A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I'm proud to announce that I have inspired 2 more friends into riding :)

one just got a Royal Enfield
223952_10151013684187124_2128498093_n.jpg

and the other one is currently looking.

Nice thread, from what I have read so far. To many pages to read in one sitting, but nice to know there is always something worth reading on this site. Been riding for about a year and a half now. I ride daily commuting to and from work - every day of the year, weather permitting (don't ride in the rain).

Cheers

I do rides in rain sometime.. even downpour. It all depends on tires you have. If you have wet/dry tires, you should be okay with it. The thing is that you don't lean too far or hard. Wet road, take it easy and you have every right to be leery about it. Usually, I wait until hard rain slow down. It washes away oil, diesel, and many other "slickies" off the road. I noticed difference. I road while it started to rain, it was kinda slippery so I had to slow down and take it easy. After downpour and I rode and notice that tires sticks better and I was able to ride on highway at 55mph and slowed down on curve at 40mph (that's minimum speed limit). I had no problem with it. My tire, Metzeler Marathon 880 is a hard rubber tire and it is okay on wet road. I would try softer tires that will stuck on wet road like glue but it does wears out quickly.

Catty

I'm proud to announce that I have inspired 2 more friends into riding :)

one just got a Royal Enfield
223952_10151013684187124_2128498093_n.jpg

and the other one is currently looking.

:lol: Me too. I already influenced one of my friend thinking about getting motorcycle. He wanted one so badly that he want to save gas and also he wanted to ride alongside with me. I have other friend who recently got 250cc scooter and I helped him to get motorcycle license, Now that he is thinking about getting a motorcycle or more powerful 650cc scooter so he can cruise on highway at 70+ mph because I inspired him. Funny that I rode big motorcycle alongside with him on scooter. I tend to zip by him ez but he can corner quickly than I do :lol:

Catty

:lol: Me too. I already influenced one of my friend thinking about getting motorcycle. He wanted one so badly that he want to save gas and also he wanted to ride alongside with me. I have other friend who recently got 250cc scooter and I helped him to get motorcycle license, Now that he is thinking about getting a motorcycle or more powerful 650cc scooter so he can cruise on highway at 70+ mph because I inspired him. Funny that I rode big motorcycle alongside with him on scooter. I tend to zip by him ez but he can corner quickly than I do :lol:

Catty

:thumb: spread the love!

at the same time, I'm seeing doctor and doing a bit of physical therapy for my back.

Just wanted to ask, what kind of PT do you do for your back? I've got back issues that need work, too.

yup - I do it all the time. just did today. when transporting - I keep my laptop in a soft, cushioned carrying bag to protect my laptop from vibration. and then I put it in my side hard cases. lockable too.

you're very right that bungee cords are not to be trusted. if you can - take a pix of how you transport your laptop on your bike.

Finally got around to taking a pic. Here it is, with the laptop on the pillion, along with my blueprints. After 250 miles of commuting like this, I don't feel as paranoid. It makes a great backrest too.

0824121604-XL.jpg

On Sat night,

I was riding on my way home after visiting my friend. As I was stopping at intersection where freeway begins, The kids on old junk toyota pulled by and stopped next to me. I was looking forward until I saw in corner of my eye that someone trying to wave me. I glanced at them and he asked me if my motorcycle fast?? I motioned with my hand "so so". I can tell that his friend want to race me. So When light turned green, I throttled up my Volusia and watched kid's car shrinked behind me on my left mirror :rofl: then I slowed down to 65mph (55mph speed limit). He finally caught up and passed me. I decide to catch up with them and I was doing 95mph and caught up 20 ft behind him. few miles later, we both arrived at stoplight and one guy got out of car and rushed to my side and gave me high five. I gave him high five then when light went green as soon as guy got in passenger side and I flicked throttle, released clutch quickly and my bike's rear tire squeal and I went 0-80mph in 6 seconds on 3rd gear out of 5 gears. (my bike can't pop wheelie cuz it's a heavy cruiser anyway). Again, I watched them shrink until I slowed down then made right turn on my way home.

Few weeks ago, I raced with kid in a sport bike and he beat me. It look like he was already at 100mph while I was throttling up at 60mph on 2nd gear. I knew his small sport bike is much lighter than my cruiser anyway. I turned off to ramp into highway and he disappeared in other way.

It was fun tho.

Catty

Just wanted to ask, what kind of PT do you do for your back? I've got back issues that need work, too.

it's mostly yoga exercises. you do this every morning as you wake up and before you sleep.

lower-back-pain-exercises.jpg

Finally got around to taking a pic. Here it is, with the laptop on the pillion, along with my blueprints. After 250 miles of commuting like this, I don't feel as paranoid. It makes a great backrest too.

0824121604-XL.jpg

I see that you got SW-Motech luggage racks. I had one and it's dang good one.

About your blueprints... have you considered attaching a PVC tube to the side?

On Sat night,

I was riding on my way home after visiting my friend. As I was stopping at intersection where freeway begins, The kids on old junk toyota pulled by and stopped next to me. I was looking forward until I saw in corner of my eye that someone trying to wave me. I glanced at them and he asked me if my motorcycle fast?? I motioned with my hand "so so". I can tell that his friend want to race me. So When light turned green, I throttled up my Volusia and watched kid's car shrinked behind me on my left mirror :rofl: then I slowed down to 65mph (55mph speed limit). He finally caught up and passed me. I decide to catch up with them and I was doing 95mph and caught up 20 ft behind him. few miles later, we both arrived at stoplight and one guy got out of car and rushed to my side and gave me high five. I gave him high five then when light went green as soon as guy got in passenger side and I flicked throttle, released clutch quickly and my bike's rear tire squeal and I went 0-80mph in 6 seconds on 3rd gear out of 5 gears. (my bike can't pop wheelie cuz it's a heavy cruiser anyway). Again, I watched them shrink until I slowed down then made right turn on my way home.

Few weeks ago, I raced with kid in a sport bike and he beat me. It look like he was already at 100mph while I was throttling up at 60mph on 2nd gear. I knew his small sport bike is much lighter than my cruiser anyway. I turned off to ramp into highway and he disappeared in other way.

It was fun tho.

Catty

oh my.... lol

I see that you got SW-Motech luggage racks. I had one and it's dang good one.

About your blueprints... have you considered attaching a PVC tube to the side?

The SW-Motech rack setup was a fiasco in itself. Twisted Throttle claimed that they would fit my bike "with a few minor modifications to the plastic". Minor....yeah right, and I was the first customer to order it. Took me 16 hours to fabricate new pieces and modify the setup. I emailed them to complain, and they said 'oops, this is for the Euro spec CB750, which is more than slightly different than the US spec'. I had to laugh, as they later put a disclaimer in their site with a link to my pics. Don't know if they still have it or not.

Good idea with the PVC pipe, I have a plastic transport roll at the shop, can use that instead. I do have a 14 inch long PVC pipe with cap that has emergency tools that I bring on long trips, which does not happen much anymore. (Married with children, ya know....)

oh my.... lol

'Oh boy' is more like it. When I had my V-Strom, which has an ugly adventure-touring body and a mean looking front end, every guy and his brother wanted to race me. With my old Nighthawk, only a few people wanted to race.

The most bizarre race I've encountered was an old Altima filled with a Hispanic family, and the driver was trying to beat me, I was dumbfounded and let him get ahead.

My Nighthawk is not all that fast, but if I am in third gear, and open the throttle, once it hits 5000RPM, the torque is unbelievable, enough to make me hang on for dear life.

The SW-Motech rack setup was a fiasco in itself. Twisted Throttle claimed that they would fit my bike "with a few minor modifications to the plastic". Minor....yeah right, and I was the first customer to order it. Took me 16 hours to fabricate new pieces and modify the setup. I emailed them to complain, and they said 'oops, this is for the Euro spec CB750, which is more than slightly different than the US spec'. I had to laugh, as they later put a disclaimer in their site with a link to my pics. Don't know if they still have it or not.
ah........ sorry to hear! Twisted Throttle has exceptional customer support service. I hope they compensated you for this trouble. They're just 3 hrs away from me in Rhode Island. I've been meaning to check out its new tavern.

Good idea with the PVC pipe, I have a plastic transport roll at the shop, can use that instead. I do have a 14 inch long PVC pipe with cap that has emergency tools that I bring on long trips, which does not happen much anymore. (Married with children, ya know....)
:thumb:

It seem everyone are going quiet on Motorcycle blog?? Betcha summer is coming to end and it's almost time to store your motorcycle for winter and break out your Cager :lol: ..

Catty

:mad: Why? Because I have not had a bike to ride since the beginning of July. Back then I was returning from a 200+ mile run upstate. About 40 miles from home I hear a loud sound coming from the transmission. No matter what gear, I kept rolling to a stop. Towed home (it was a saturday evening). The next week towed to repair shop. Short ending: Nut holding belt gear to transmission shaft backed off and allowed it to grind down all the teeth in seconds. $1,420 (mostly labor). Now overheating stator/resistor. $$$ Ordered stator from Korea. I may get bike back end of September. Will show you pics when I get it. Dealer said I would not have had any warning because it was all internal. Hyosung will soon be getting my not-so-nice letter about their quality control torque requirements (with photos). Maybe mine was built in North Korea! Just nothing to post all summer. I keep reading your interesting posts! :lol:

Six days, A new record! Stator ordered last Saturday night arrived today from South Korea. Drove it over to the repair shop. I have renewed hope. :)

:mad: Why? Because I have not had a bike to ride since the beginning of July. Back then I was returning from a 200+ mile run upstate. About 40 miles from home I hear a loud sound coming from the transmission. No matter what gear, I kept rolling to a stop. Towed home (it was a saturday evening). The next week towed to repair shop. Short ending: Nut holding belt gear to transmission shaft backed off and allowed it to grind down all the teeth in seconds. $1,420 (mostly labor). Now overheating stator/resistor. $$$ Ordered stator from Korea. I may get bike back end of September. Will show you pics when I get it. Dealer said I would not have had any warning because it was all internal. Hyosung will soon be getting my not-so-nice letter about their quality control torque requirements (with photos). Maybe mine was built in North Korea! Just nothing to post all summer. I keep reading your interesting posts! :lol:

wow............. what an ordeal... unfortunately a very expensive one.... but I'm glad that nothing happened to you when your bike was getting messed up.

wow............. what an ordeal... unfortunately a very expensive one.... but I'm glad that nothing happened to you when your bike was getting messed up.

Yeah, fortunately it did not lock up because I was doing about 60 mph. Should be ready tomorrow or Monday. :hmm:

Back