A little confused and frustrated

If it was all that simple you never would have started this thread to begin with

Start thread because I don't know if what I am experiencing is typical with hearie/deafie relationships. I don't know any Deaf people in my daily life. Who else what I supposed to ask?

Start thread because I don't know if what I am experiencing is typical with hearie/deafie relationships. I don't know any Deaf people in my daily life. Who else what I supposed to ask?

I never implied there was anything wrong with you asking for advice about your relationship. What I said was that things are complicated and I don't understand why they have to be, and that comment wasn't meant exclusively for your situation I meant period. You said they aren't complicated and I responded if its as simple as growing apart or together you would have just taken what happened and grew toward or away from him, but real life isn't that simple its just not.

I never implied there was anything wrong with you asking for advice about your relationship. What I said was that things are complicated and I don't understand why they have to be, and that comment wasn't meant exclusively for your situation I meant period. You said they aren't complicated and I responded if its as simple as growing apart or together you would have just taken what happened and grew toward or away from him, but real life isn't that simple its just not.

Oh, okay, I misunderstood.

I sometimes feel that input is helpful. Hearie friends don't understand the complexity of hearie/deafie relationship. People here do. It's nice to have a sounding board so that I can give some thought to whether something is more or less complicated than it really is, if that makes sense?

But, you're right, life isn't always that simple.

No, relationships shouldn't be that hard and complicated, but they are sometimes. I like to think it gets easier as you get older, and either become more accepting of things , or you just don't give a damn anymore. Maybe it is a combination of both. All I know is that my relationships became much much easier when I stopped trying to control everything.

Thought we were to be spending weekend together at his place but never heard from him for sure if this was plan so I just went home after work and made plans with other friends to go out and watch hockey at pub instead.

I get text from him at 7 PM asking where I was and if I am okay. He say he thought I was coming over. I explain that I hadn't heard from him in almost two days so I made other plans.

You mentioned that you thought you two would be spending the weekend together. You mentioned that he thought that you were coming over. Did you have any discussion on spending the weekend together prior to the two days of no communication?

No, relationships shouldn't be that hard and complicated, but they are sometimes. I like to think it gets easier as you get older, and either become more accepting of things , or you just don't give a damn anymore. Maybe it is a combination of both. All I know is that my relationships became much much easier when I stopped trying to control everything.

Darlin, I gave up trying to control things beyond my control years and years ago. :giggle: I think I'm more in the, "Just don't give a damn," stage of life now. :laugh2:

You mentioned that you thought you two would be spending the weekend together. You mentioned that he thought that you were coming over. Did you have any discussion on spending the weekend together prior to the two days of no communication?

No, that was where the confusion came in. It was still up in the air because his Mum have surgery on Thursday morning. He stay with Dad Thursday night and I figure something might come up to keep him there or at hospital to support Mum so it was never a 'for sure.' Only possibility.

Based on how he treat me when I came over on Saturday, to supposedly talk, I now feel that he really didn't want me to come over on Friday anyhow which is why he wait until 7 PM to text me. After I already make other plans with friends which he likely knew I would do. He would prefer to hang with buddy and get high. :roll:

Darlin, I gave up trying to control things beyond my control years and years ago. :giggle: I think I'm more in the, "Just don't give a damn," stage of life now. :laugh2:

yeah, me too...life is so much easier that way, isn't it? I am in a relationship now with someone who I have given PLENTY of space. So much that he moved to Florida, haha (actually, his mom is down there and was just diagnosed with cancer and I am still in school so could not go with him)

Anyway, you know the old saying...
If you love someone set them free...if they don't come back, hunt them down and shoot them...or something like that.

yeah, me too...life is so much easier that way, isn't it? I am in a relationship now with someone who I have given PLENTY of space. So much that he moved to Florida, haha (actually, his mom is down there and was just diagnosed with cancer and I am still in school so could not go with him)

Anyway, you know the old saying...
If you love someone set them free...if they don't come back, hunt them down and shoot them...or something like that.

Hahahaha! Yeah, something like that. :laugh2:

Well, I set him free today.

Back