A Happy Announcement...

I hope you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't have morning sickness! BTW, that's a really good book for expectant moms...and dads, too! Doesn't hurt for them to understand everything that is going on with a pregnancy, too.

I hope so, too - I'm tiny enough as is! 5th graders are my height or taller! :rifle: I don't need to lose the weight I've worked so hard to gain! LOL

I just made my first appointment with the ob/gyn, he's the best doctor in town, and the most popular. He was a friend of mine's doctor, and she could not stop singing him praises. I'll be about 2 months along when I see him (end of the month) :)

My husband will probably flip through the book - he's just happy the baby's on its way, I don't think he really wants to understand the process LOL!

Congrats, thanks for spreading your joy! Don't worry too much about not "hearing" your wee one, I could hear my little one in my heart when he cried, a mother's instinct is very strong. My child is 9 now, he hears and signs, and I can still "feel" it when he is upset or hurt or in need.

Congrats, thanks for spreading your joy! Don't worry too much about not "hearing" your wee one, I could hear my little one in my heart when he cried, a mother's instinct is very strong. My child is 9 now, he hears and signs, and I can still "feel" it when he is upset or hurt or in need.

Thanks, Moon Child! :) That does help!

Hey, my pleasure, I am glad I could help. Lots of parents here I assume, you might as well tap into the collective mind for support and advice. Hugs!

Congratulations! :)

You will find the book "What To Expect When You're Expecting" VERY informative. It is everything down to a T (well not everything but pretty much, it does) and it was my "bible" for the whole duration of my pregnancies.

Enjoy your pregnancy as long as you can because it will be something you definitely can carry with your heart afterwards. ;)

I second that book, it is a good one. My fave book was an empty journal for me to fill though, it holds all my pregnancy musings.

I agree with others about the book. I couldnt live without it. There is also one called "The Baby's First Year" or something like that. :)

Yeah I saw the Baby's First Year in the bookstore,too. :) I'll ask for it for my baby shower.

Instead of a pregnancy journal, I'm gonna do a pregnancy scrapbook. Starting when I found out and ending with the first picture of the baby after it's born. I think that will be an awesome treasure for the child when he/she is older and can appreciate it. :)

You have scrap booking talent, very cool, that will be a treasure forever. My son started signing at about 4 months old, it was mighty cool to communicate with him like this before he could talk, and before any of my prenatal group could communicate with their kids. I just about fell over the first sign he did, a wee baby asking to "eat".

You have scrap booking talent, very cool, that will be a treasure forever. My son started signing at about 4 months old, it was mighty cool to communicate with him like this before he could talk, and before any of my prenatal group could communicate with their kids. I just about fell over the first sign he did, a wee baby asking to "eat".

Awww! How sweet! :D (and typical of guys - all they want to eat and then discover sex) :giggle:

So yesterday I started getting pretty hungry. I eat. And eat. AND eat. And last night I go to bed at 10, I was EXHAUSTED. 2 am, I'm up and eating every damn thing in the kitchen & my husband is staring at me in amazement.

Pregnancy is FUN! :D And today I'm officially 6 weeks along. :) No nausea, yet...

I was hungry, really hungry my entire pregnancy too. I ate healthy, really healthy, but would sit down to eat a peach, and the next thing you know, 6 peaches would be gone! Vegetables tasted gross to me when I was prego, had to make myself eat them, fruit was divine, like my taste buds were enhanced or something! glad to hear you are doing well, keep us posted, this is fun to connect over. Hugs!

Thank you Tweety-Bird! :D

Moon Child, my eating at this point is just whatever I can find! :D I am planning to stock up on veggies & fruits next week (provided my husband doesn't find them and eat them first)... :) I'm normally a carnivore, so I ususally go for the meats first! :D

hey, congratulations! :D ... I never was a mother so no advice yet sorry but I know it's exciting!! do you know any names for both gender yet?

oh yeah, one advice though.... be careful or you'll born a chocolate baby! enjoy while you can. :)

Awww! How sweet! :D (and typical of guys - all they want to eat and then discover sex) :giggle:

My son, at about 4 or 5 months old, discovered his joystick and couldnt stop playing with it. It was hilarous!!!

So yesterday I started getting pretty hungry. I eat. And eat. AND eat. And last night I go to bed at 10, I was EXHAUSTED. 2 am, I'm up and eating every damn thing in the kitchen & my husband is staring at me in amazement.

Pregnancy is FUN! :D And today I'm officially 6 weeks along. :) No nausea, yet...

If the nausea hasn't hit you yet, I doubt seriously if it is something that you will experience. Lucky you!

My son, at about 4 or 5 months old, discovered his joystick and couldnt stop playing with it. It was hilarous!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jillio, one of my friends who had 2 kids, said nausea usually hits around 6th or 7th weeks, so I'm still keeping an eye on it! I also found a trick to sleep through the night - eat right before bed! :D

hey, congratulations! :D ... I never was a mother so no advice yet sorry but I know it's exciting!! do you know any names for both gender yet?

oh yeah, one advice though.... be careful or you'll born a chocolate baby! enjoy while you can. :)

Yep! If it's a boy, Logan Kiernan. If it's a girl, Zoe Ilyssa. :)

And funny - a chocolate baby! :giggle:

Back