A hand goes up in MD...

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new-ish here. I am a shy, hard of hearing gentleman from Maryland, between Baltimore and DC, and I just wanna say...HOWDY. I have a strange sense of humor and love to laugh. I am in the process of learning ASL, but it is slow going by myself. I am slowly leaving the hearing world, heading for deafness, and that's the hand I have been dealt. I shall resume lurking, but will holler out when the urge strikes me.:io:

:welcome: to AD! I live in MD too. :)

Another howdy from MD... and from a nearby town too, apparently. I'm also between DC and Baltimore (though slightly closer to the DC side).

Welcome to AD!

Another howdy from MD... and from a nearby town too, apparently. I'm also between DC and Baltimore (though slightly closer to the DC side).

Welcome to AD!

which area? I live closer to Baltimore in the Fort Meade area..much cheaper!

Wow, thanks for all the replies!! :ty: We are in Laurel, MD, for all you Maryland folks. Fort Meade is nearby here as well. Small world.

Wow, thanks for all the replies!! :ty: We are in Laurel, MD, for all you Maryland folks. Fort Meade is nearby here as well. Small world.

I used to live in Laurel about 3 years ago. Lived in Foxfire apts. My friend owns a townhouse in Laurel so we go there from time to time. I dont mind buying a house there but the houses are like a half million dollars over there now. GEEZ!

saywhatkid,

Welcome to AD! :wave:

I too am in the same area as you and others that have replied. I go to the Deaf Chat Coffee and ASL Meetups in your area. Next gathering is January 6, 2007. We "start" around 10 AM and "end" around 3 PM but you don't have to stay all that time. Many also go to nearby Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie that afternoon to make the trip a completely "successful" Saturday that includes coffee and bagels in the morning, a nice lunch and then loads of shopping in the afternoon hours. We typically will have 15 or so folks show up on any given gathering.

Hope to meet you all one of these days.

Dave

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

saywhatkid,

Welcome to AD! :wave:

I too am in the same area as you and others that have replied. I go to the Deaf Chat Coffee and ASL Meetups in your area. Next gathering is January 6, 2007. We "start" around 10 AM and "end" around 3 PM but you don't have to stay all that time. Many also go to nearby Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie that afternoon to make the trip a completely "successful" Saturday that includes coffee and bagels in the morning, a nice lunch and then loads of shopping in the afternoon hours. We typically will have 15 or so folks show up on any given gathering.

Hope to meet you all one of these days.

Dave

I am interested. PM me for more details. Thanks!

I'm in north Silver Spring myself... not quite as far north as Fort Meade, but only about twenty minutes away. Funny how we all seem to be somewhat closely located. (I wonder if there are other Marylanders on AD that are not from this general area?)

Wheelin' Rev, I'd be interested in joining in on Jan 6th as well. (Are hearing people invited too?) Mind PMing me with some more details? Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

I'm in north Silver Spring myself... not quite as far north as Fort Meade, but only about twenty minutes away. Funny how we all seem to be somewhat closely located. (I wonder if there are other Marylanders on AD that are not from this general area?)

Wheelin' Rev, I'd be interested in joining in on Jan 6th as well. (Are hearing people invited too?) Mind PMing me with some more details? Thanks in advance!

Maryland is a very small state.

If not from this area, see if anyone is from the far far west MD or from the Eastern shore. Seems most deaf people live in the Washington-Baltimore-Frederick area due to many job opportunities? I know I am one of them due to job reasons.

PMs sent to those requesting. Hope to meet y'all on January 6th. I'm easy to spot because of my wheelchair. LOL

Dave

Back