A funny story to alleviate all the rants...

Icemancm

Reaction score
So I was working in the electronics department at Wal-mart one day when my friend Jason was talking about my ability to read lips. Soon a small crowd of employees were congregated around me and "tested" my ability by saying different phrases that I easily picked up on.

I even told THEM that they could also read lips to a lesser extent - they didn't believe me, but I mouthed various cuss words that are pretty recognizable even without sound and they all picked up on it. But I digress - back to the story.

A manager came over and asked what was going on. A bit curious and skeptical, he tried one out on me as well. I identified what he said, but then...

He covered his mouth with his hand and said out loud, "I bet you can't read THIS, huh?"

I replied, "No, but I heard you just fine."

Everyone burst into laughter and chaos ensued....

Wirelessly posted

I get that quite often and find it annoying to be tested over and over

That was not nice of them, regardless of whether they were just trying to be funny. And for a manager to participate? Totally unprofessional. That's too bad they resorted to "testing you". Who of us deafies doesn't get enough of that?

That was not nice of them, regardless of whether they were just trying to be funny. And for a manager to participate? Totally unprofessional. That's too bad they resorted to "testing you". Who of us deafies doesn't get enough of that?

True.

I dont know about you - I am all for spreading awareness of the deaf , but to play games like that..... :iough:

Funny

I don't think they got the joke. It was a funny story - thanks!

Sometimes you just can't alleviate no matter how hard you try. Thanks for the laugh!!

Back