8 Resolutions Every Mom Should Make.....

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. You can be cranky, you can lose your patience, and yes -- you can even move the clock ahead an hour just so the children will go to bed early and give you some peace and quiet. You don't have to bake everything from scratch, make Halloween custumes out of scraps lying around the house or coach the soccer team. Children don't need you to be perfect. What they really need are reasonable limits, lots of hugs and kisses, and a happy mommy!

2. Babies and older children too need regular face to face time with the adults in their lives. And while it can be difficult to get involved in their fantasy world especially when you're busy or tired but you can do it Why? because play is your child's way of expressing him/herself and your being there boosts his/her emotional intelligence. Even if floor time isn't your forte, fake it and follow your little one's lead

3. When's the last time you put your needs first? Even if you have to force yourself , carve out 30 mins a day , several days a week, to get some exercise. It improves your mood, blasts fat, and boosts your immune system. And while you're at it, try to eat a balanced diet and get as much sleep as you possibly can each night

4. Family life is full of unexpected turns, contagious diseases, occasional humiliations, laundry and more work than you'll ever see an end to . It is also full of moments of great, beauty, tenderness, sticky kisses and a miracle or two. Remind yourself that children are your excuse to lower your standards. ' Cleaning your house while your children are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stop snowing '....

5. Sure, it's easier to grab pizza and eat in front of the TV than to arrange a meal at the dinner table. But the food isn't the focus the family is. Sitting down with your children each night allows you to connect and talk about your day. And research has fround that children who regularly have dinner with their parents are more likely to do well in school and stay out of trouble..

6. Marriage is a living thing that needs to be watered, fed, and nurtured. But raising children takes so much time and energy that chances are you see less of your husband now than you did when the two of you were dating. The solution? Hold hands whatever you can and hire a babysitter once a week or so you can spend time as a couple.

7. You can live without friends, but why would you want to? Setting aside just 15 mins a day to send a postcard, dash off an email, send an im, or make a phone call will do more than keep you connected. That's because friendship not only nurture you emotionally , they also help you combat stress by allowing you to blow off a little steam which in turn may actually lower your blood pressure...

8. Motherhood never ends but childhood does. You have a baby, you blink and suddenly there's a 3 years old standing in front of you announcing " I'm big now ". The magic years are unbelievably brief and every day that little girl or boy is changing and growing, edging a little closer toward the door. Remember that the essence of parenting isn't in the milestones but in the everday moments. So stop, pay attention and make sure you celebrate them every chance you get!!! ;)

Children don't need you to be perfect. What they really need are lots of hugs and kisses!!

Parents Magazine

Last edited:
Whew.....all these years, I thought I had to be perfect! *stepping off the pedestal* :ty:

Hey Angel
You should be Speaker all of world and AD too! :)

I agree with you all of this. I do sometime try to be perfect mom but impossible. They know i have Bad day or Good day like Wave. They sure know how to make me melt my heart like they sign "i want hug" or "i want a kiss" or mostly of all time my favorite words from them "i love you" I always know that they love me as not perfect mom but try my best mom to them. They are so amazing to me! Also my df help me out to learn better parenting. I am glad for df and kids!
Mommyof3

:gpost: That's a good article you shared in here ^Angel^....

I got a 'kick' out of the part where the little one is a baby, then suddenly the child is 3 and acting like a big kid! The overall article is something where most of us can relate to!

mommy of 3

I understand, but you hot to be tough alike me being diforce a hearing girl my son goes to a hearing school same school i went at his age, well the principal and as and all them other thought he was something wrong, I told them look ladies if you dont want to work with me. then I guess Ill talk to a friend of mine which he is on the school board which my dad was at the time i was at school, but anyway i told them if you think he cant make it or what then why are we wasting our time. then they start to make an excuse against.Then I told them if thats how you ladies want to put it that way what can i do to help out to keep my son here at the same school that my dad best friend owned the school still does. you know what they didnt say anything becuz they realize i was still here at the school so finally we became friends. they really loved him now . so sometime you have to get thier attendtion becuz they dont understand.i convinced them and while at the sametime not to make them mad .so therefore he (son) gets all the help becuz i made sure of that. So you got to fight what you believe is right for you nobody else .

that is so true angel

thanks for posting it, I am going to put it up in my kitchen so that I can remember it all!

very much agreed..

i have two oldest daughers who are teenagers.. it's tough job to do.. alot of displinces and watch for signs..
but.. the younger ones look up and learned.. my 3rd child learned and stay away from get into troubles..

since i have 6 kids.. i am so happy that they arent so bad.. but kids are kids.. unless they are doing horrible.. i feel disapointed .. sometimes i feel that i am bad mother .. but they warned me not to feel that way .. its life changed than we were young.. sometimes i digusted some parents' neglects to their children or pay attention what they are into.. affecting our kids.. but I keep warn them not to or do..
::phew::

Really good posting, dearest Angel!!!! :)

I printed and hang it on bullet in kitchen!!!!!!!! Really good one!!!! I know that I'm not only one!

I'm trying what I can with "trick" ways but I know that I CAN't be prefect mother...

Back