5 more days!!!

Excited!!! You would like some people at Gally which they are very friendly people, some of my friends are going to Gally and you might will meet them! ;)

Congrats for you going to gally! Study hard, focus on your goal and don't get in trouble! ;)

I undy how u felt, same as me in 3 yrs ago, my summer vacation were too short and gone to Gallaudet... Once u arrive Gallaudet and u will find some new friends and I guarantee all NSO will have high prank in dorm and party during NSO week, so u will be fine! :)

I undy how u felt, same as me in 3 yrs ago, my summer vacation were too short and gone to Gallaudet... Once u arrive Gallaudet and u will find some new friends and I guarantee all NSO will have high prank in dorm and party during NSO week, so u will be fine! :)

That's one thing about the NSO, That is so true, lol. I'm sure darkangel will do just great once she find her place at Gally. Gosh this is bringing me a lot of memories! :)

oooohhhh i love pranks!!!!!

3 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasnt sure that I heard that in Gally if newfresh not sure spelling lol that shave their hairs to be bald in first year ? :dunno:

yea it true.. my good friend joined there first yr and got bald shave

Yeah that is what I heard and see ppl who go to Gally got blad hair lol from my old school ehhe some saw on pictures and some saw in a person lol that who are from in my old school Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf hehe :giggle:

I wasnt sure that I heard that in Gally if newfresh not sure spelling lol that shave their hairs to be bald in first year ? :dunno:
Yes, it's for the 'first year' (Prepratory - "PREP" and optional for Freshmen) . It's the tradition for Prep students to either shave (for men / women) / crew cut (for women) to beat the other classes' record. I was one of them for class of '82 and I got a crew cut. Class of '82 missed by 1 to beat class of '81.

Yup, You heard just right. Just like EyeDeaf said, It is optional but you are not required to do it. It's just something that has been going on for a long time. Gallaudet used to have the Preporatory Classes but they do not have that anymore. My Class was the first year that came in without the preporatory. I have done my share and did get my hair shaved. It'll be the only FIRST and LAST time I ever will do it! :lol: At that time, Class of 97 held the record and my class (Class of 99) eventually broke their record. I don't know who holds the record now these days.

Back