29 and Half Deaf

Freebird89

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a 29 year old small business owner from the San Francisco Bay Area. My passions in life are music, gardening, muscle cars, and interacting with people. The day before my 28th birthday was when I went deaf. My girlfriend decided to take me out for my birthday, and in the middle of the night was when it first happened. At first it felt like I had a clogged ear, like when you go on a plane or a subway tunnel. Then a couple of hours later at a loud karaoke bar was when my ear finally gave out and I went completely deaf in my left ear. I told my girlfriend immediately so i went home and called my advice nurse. To make a long story short, after a few deductive visits and 4 steroid injections to the ear along with prednisone everyday, my left ear is still pretty much deaf, but I can still hear frequencies . It just sounds like the peanuts cartoon when the adults talk.

That's my story. Hope to hear from you all

you must be very sad, people who suddenly get deaf, will have hard time. Especially for music lovers.
welcome here. :)

Greetings, and welcome aboard! I am so very sorry for your hearing loss. I have a son your age, and I know that is difficult for you when you are so young. Reach out, this is a good place to get encouragement. I know you will find some support. I have gradually lost my hearing to Meniere's Disease, and I am getting a cochlear implant this month. Let us know what we can help you with, and I send you a hug.

Back