20,000 TTY to 911 calls each year

VRS and text relay service both have E911, just that they are done manually (I believe), and eventually when they reach technology level, it will be automatically. Say within few years I think. Since they are done manually, that is why it is very important to update your address on VRS or Text relay service. This is to kill the manual procedure. If you have correct address, the operator will ask you is this address right? If Yes, they just press a button and it will connect to local 911 dispatcher, but if it is nor correct, the operator have to type more keys to feed information and it can take time for it to locate right 911 dispatcher. Even worse, it will take much longer if a user don't know the address.

E911 means Enhanced 911 system.

That's what tower triangulation for.

E911 still better than VRS at poor signal.

VRS and text relay service both have E911, just that they are done manually (I believe), and eventually when they reach technology level, it will be automatically. Say within few years I think. Since they are done manually, that is why it is very important to update your address on VRS or Text relay service. This is to kill the manual procedure. If you have correct address, the operator will ask you is this address right? If Yes, they just press a button and it will connect to local 911 dispatcher, but if it is nor correct, the operator have to type more keys to feed information and it can take time for it to locate right 911 dispatcher. Even worse, it will take much longer if a user don't know the address.

E911 means Enhanced 911 system.

Not really. If Sorenson use E911 then why need 911 location address? True E911 can trace you anywhere as mobile for travel around. You needs stop think of Sorenson technology.

Z5 have E911 and can trace you without location address needs. There is no setting for location address.

Back