10 great things about America

While the article in original post stands correct, why another article pointing out things not going so well becomes anti-American? Should we always talk about one side of the story? Instead of talking about good and bad things as they are, if we start filtering them the way it suits us, it becomes propaganda. I think both articles has a point.

-

As the author of the thread pointed out--it belongs to the anti-American thread.

The intent of the author of the thread was to make people think good things about America. Besides, anytime someone has something positive to say about thier home country, Liebling always come up with anti-America sentiments to flame people.

Hermes, :ty: for pull 3 years old thread and make honest point.

As the author of the thread pointed out--it belongs to the anti-American thread.

The intent of the author of the thread was to make people think good things about America. Besides, anytime someone has something positive to say about thier home country, Liebling always come up with anti-America sentiments to flame people.

Always? :confused:

What you claim about me as an anti-america is not true. You don´t know me.

Why do you make an assumption about the author of the thread against me when you doesn´t know him and his past posts? You are one of a very few who have the problem with my interest and POV on US polities.

Sometimes, I'm happy that I'm an American because of rights and 'freedom'... I also think I will not be happy if I read or see somebody says, "America is the number one!; is the best one!; America Rulez!; etc etc!!" It's annoying, no offense... America is not a planet, the place is a country. Sure, America is pretty friendly place and have wonderful views of landscapes. But I think all countries have good people with a sweet heart and those are also wonderful landscapes too.

Still - I do not want anybody hate us because our country are powerful, 'freedom', many rights, and etc etc... I do not want anybody reject them if there are poor countries with a such limit... Why not cannot we just have one home planet as a family and a friend? If you know what I mean...

Just sayin'...

(ps - no i am not an anti american if you think "I" am.)

:gpost: KarissaMann05!!! Yes, I second that...

Yes, I know the countries where we come from is not prefect. There´re always cons/pros in many countries including Europe/Germany in the world.

10 great things about America?
conf40.gif

Oh I know!

1.) Me
2.) Me
3.) Me
4.) Me
5.) Me
6.) Me
7.) Me
8.) Me
9.) Me
10.) Meeeeeeee..
tongueout.gif
:lol: you? what about me? :)

Hermes, :ty: for pull 3 years old thread and make honest point.

Always? :confused:

What you claim about me as an anti-america is not true. You don´t know me.

Why do you make an assumption about the author of the thread against me when you doesn´t know him and his past posts? You are one of a very few who have the problem with my interest and POV on US polities.

As a foreigner--I have no interest in your POV on American policies because you aren't an American.

And I am saying this....nicely. :)

My perspective is this:
The US has been in a tailspin with the Bush administration. While not everything is Bush's fault, I feel however, that he has not handled it well as a leader should.

We are in a war that is resembling Vietnam, we are in an economic crisis with neither side willing to come to terms with the other.

Our healthcare system is in need of a major overhaul, but at what expense? The same goes for our educational system.

No, our country is not perfect, and we have lots of room for improvement.

But there are things here that we take for granted.

Here, we can marry whom we chose to, whereas in places such as India where you must marry within your own caste.

We have freedom of the press, whereas in places such as China and North Korea, the press is government run. They tell you only what they want you to know.

We have the freedom to make our own destiny, but it is up to ourselves whether or not we succeed in those endeavors. In other countries, your destiny is chosen for you such as in remote Africa or Brazil, where are born, raised, live, and die all within a 20 square mile area. Whatever your father did for a living, is likely what you will do for a living. In certain places, the cities and slums are so violent you are a dead man walking just to step outside your door to go get groceries or to hang your laundry to dry.

Look at Mexico, there is a valid reason why they are coming here. They literally live in paper houses and they are ill-educated where many children begin working street jobs by the age od 10-12 to supplement their parents meager income.

Talk to an immigrant from Mexico, you will be surprised that many of them did not know what a washing machine was when they got here. Microwaves are science fiction in the poorest slums, and many have the educational equivalent of the 5th or 6th grade, in their native language, they are barely able to function in English, but some learn and some dont. But here, learning English is free, whereas in Mexico, learning English is simply unaffordable for many. If you know English in Mexico you are gauranteed a job at any tourist destination as a guide, front desk worker, or travel agent. Otherwise you are limited to farm or factory work, or scrubbing toilets for less than $2 a day.

Here we have boundless opportunities, in other countries, opportunities are hard to come by.

Lastly but not least, we are one of the few countries where it is legal to complain about all the things that are wrong and/or unjust about our country. In North Korea, this is grounds for treason and your family is split, your sent to a camp where you are worked, starved, and beat to death.

Back