1 million pounds of ground beef recalled

Yes there are fewer USDA FSIS MPO FOs (class 7 to be more specific) than there were 20 years ago. The reason being is that people are getting more and more educated and don't want to work in a meat processing plant (beef or poultry). Plus there's a lot of urban legend stigma about USDA inspectors within the processing industry so a lot are afraid to join. I have considered joining but it is my plan C. If you have at least one year of specialized training (read USDA Trimmer for a poultry processor such as Tyson or Wayne Farms) and/or a 4 year bachelor's degree you have the requirements needed for USDA inspection. They have insurance that is much better than I have seen in the private sector, the pay is awesome ($22/hr within 5-10 years), and they utilize the 'leave system' meaning you start out with 80 hours of annual leave and you can accrue up to 240 hours of leave before you start losing it. One of my inspectors takes a 5 day vacation at least every two months. It isn't physically demanding but from what I am told it can be mentally taxing as there are lots of codes and violations and procedures to memorize. I already know a handful of them just from working around USDA so much but I know I have only scratched the surface. If I am not able to utilize my degree the way I intend for it, I may work as a Supervisor at Tyson for a year and then jump on the USDA ship.

In bold, you are wrong and I'm good at cook the ground beef but Pinky was actually point at fast food that where ground beef is fatter and greasy so I said that her statement is true.

Some people don't have time to cook the dinner so they have take it out from fast food.

I don't see Pinky point on fast food. When you give the source that show BOTH. :mad2:

I thought it's label as "rare" not "raw"?

Anyway.. .I don't usually seen them eat ground beef like that. Just piece of "steak"

rare is cooked but lightly.
raw is uncooked.

I don't even want to eat well done fecal material . :ugh:

all food you eat may or may not contain a trace of pretty much everything. rat feces, human feces, bug, dead rat, human finger, hair, fur, etc.

all food you eat may or may not contain a trace of pretty much everything. rat feces, human feces, bug, dead rat, human finger, hair, fur, etc.

Aye...

Reading the FDA's or CFIA's guidelines make you look at food in a whole different light.

Of course, you may not want to eat anything, including rice, for a week or two...

Thanks for letting me know! :lol:

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Raw, straight out meat from animals without chemical bullshit added to it is healthy. You gotta cook to get the grease and fat out as much as you want. A little fat is good, for taste.

Just cook it at least 160 degrees and you're fine. I don't like rare or medium-done meats.

I notice about Waffle House uses too much oil to cook the ground beef, buns and brown hashes, that how I got ill with excessive gas, heartburn and bloating.

I think you have bigger issues than the Waffle House there, foxrac...

No, I don't have any issue with some fast food, such as Wendy, Hardee's, Burger King and others that grease and fats are less than Waffle House.

Like I said... I think you got bigger issues than the Waffle House. Especially if you have no problems with Burger King... Heh.

Raw, straight out meat from animals without chemical bullshit added to it is healthy.

wouldn't matter if the cow's been injected with bunch of chemicals

Technically, the only 'chemicals' the USDA will allow to be injected into animals for beef production are preventative antibiotics and other medications as prescribed by a supervising veterinarian. Our neighbor raises 'free-range' Black Angus. Many of his cows do very well in livestock shows as they do meet conformation standsards for the breed as well as having quality meat.

Hoever the feed cannot have any steroids added to it, but they can however add more protein to the feed to increase the muscle content of the animal thus raising it's value per pound.

Also when USDA inspects cows in a beef slaughter house the cows are hung on a large shackle line with the viscera moving in a large tray next to it and it moves slowly. The inspector looks at the lymph nodes on the animal as well as the stomach, liver, and kidneys for any abnormalities, if the animals has an abnormality the inspector will place a 'USDA Hold' tag on the animal and the viscera tray and write the numbers down for the animal and viscera to make sure the right viscera is with the right animal.. The 'Hold' animal is removed from the line and taken to a freezer and part of the meat and viscera is taken to a lab to be tested.. If it comes back with any disease or ailment, the animal is disposed of or is marked "not for human consumption' or 'pet food'. If it comes back as a false alarm then the offending parts are removed from the animal and it is re-inspected by an Inspector (usually an 8/9 and/or the vet for verification) and it is released for further processing.

Also the inspectors cannot visually inspect for e.coli and salmnonella bacteria and it requires a lab test. If the lab is behind it may take days or weeks to get results back thus the huge recall.

Back