Why Is Polygamy So Controversial?

No, I'm talking about solid evidence sufficient to convict.

Maybe people that are for polygamous groups are the one that put out the nursing baby that come with fake nipples for girl to 'nurse' their babies. Next little girls will be able to pretend to give birth to their 'babies'!

I don't like the idea of using fake nipples.

But, have you ever seen a little girl play mommy by putting a doll under her shirt and pretend to have a baby? This happens all the time.

My friend is LDS, and works at the jail county in St. George, Utah where Warren Jeffs stayed there. He said that Warren Jeffs is quiet, and soft-spoken. My LDS friend is extremely disgusted by Warren Jeff's actions, and wants to see him suffer badly. He usually calls him "Old Dirty Bastard."

And that's just the only single difference between polyamory and polygamy. Why bother getting married at all when you can still have the relationships you want with a bunch of people?

Because some have spirituals reason for getting married. Others have faith in the insitituion.

Because some have spirituals reason for getting married. Others have faith in the insitituion.

There's the getting married in a church or some religious facility and performed by someone who's trained to do that. This is different from getting married by the state (which has a whole different set of purposes). Kody Brown has four wives, three of whom are not officially married but are married under the 'common law marriage' clause.

In short, there are many ways to married.

There's the getting married in a church or some religious facility and performed by someone who's trained to do that. This is different from getting married by the state (which has a whole different set of purposes). Kody Brown has four wives, three of whom are not officially married but are married under the 'common law marriage' clause.

In short, there are many ways to married.

You are referring to Western traditions and laws. I am speaking world wide.

I'm not aware of any jurisdiction in the U.S. that allows a wife and a common law wife. Only one wife (or husband) at a time. It doesn't matter what the dude tells all of the susequent women.

You are referring to Western traditions and laws. I am speaking world wide.

Legal status of polygamy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the countries (in blue) where polygamy is legally permitted. These are the same areas where women don't have equal rights or protection. Can you be absolutely sure that women in these areas haven't been forced into marriage or were considered valuable members of the society when not married or after a husband's death? It's pretty rare for a woman to have rights and equal power in a relationship in these areas.

I'm not aware of any jurisdiction in the U.S. that allows a wife and a common law wife. Only one wife (or husband) at a time. It doesn't matter what the dude tells all of the susequent women.

Correct.

Legal status of polygamy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the countries (in blue) where polygamy is legally permitted. These are the same areas where women don't have equal rights or protection. Can you be absolutely sure that women in these areas haven't been forced into marriage or were considered valuable members of the society when not married or after a husband's death? It's pretty rare for a woman to have rights and equal power in a relationship in these areas.

I'm well aware of the information you have provided. And you are still making your judgements based on your Westernized opinion of the way things are supposed to be. That is called taking an ethnocentric perspective.:cool2:

polygamy is fun, you can have a shaved one, hairy one, red one, blonde one, brunette one, trimmed, farting one, smoking one, oone that can have 2 or 3 in, and for ladies you can have a long one, fat one, short one, machine gun one, shotgun one, river nile one, tear drops one, goo one, hairless one, black one, long black, horsey one, prickled one, snowball one
just think of all the fun you're missing why moan?
oh not to mention some tattooed ones, even metal decorated ones...stitched up ones are real sad though

I don't like the idea of using fake nipples.

But, have you ever seen a little girl play mommy by putting a doll under her shirt and pretend to have a baby? This happens all the time.
:topic:

There's another thread that covers this topic.

polygamy is fun, you can have a shaved one, hairy one, red one, blonde one, brunette one, trimmed, farting one, smoking one, oone that can have 2 or 3 in, and for ladies you can have a long one, fat one, short one, machine gun one, shotgun one, river nile one, tear drops one, goo one, hairless one, black one, long black, horsey one, prickled one, snowball one
just think of all the fun you're missing why moan?
oh not to mention some tattooed ones, even metal decorated ones...stitched up ones are real sad though

:laugh2:

I agree. South Carolina is one state that allows common law wives to have full rights but still, it has to be one at a time. No harems of legal and common law wives allowed. :lol:

It's curious that the few examples of polygamy in the USA seem to be based on LDS philosophy. Do we have any examples of non-white, non-Mormon polygamous groups in the USA? Since Islam allows polygamy, why do we not read anything on the news about Muslim polygamous families in the USA? Are there are other people practicing polygamy underground? :dunno:

It's curious that the few examples of polygamy in the USA seem to be based on LDS philosophy. Do we have any examples of non-white, non-Mormon polygamous groups in the USA? Since Islam allows polygamy, why do we not read anything on the news about Muslim polygamous families in the USA? Are there are other people practicing polygamy underground? :dunno:

Even though Islam allows polygamy, very few engages in it, even in the Middle East, because most men cannot afford to support more than one wife.

I have a very good friend who is Muslim. She was born into and raised in a polygamous family, but that was prior to immigration. She is still married to the man it was arranged for her to marry, but their relationship is monogamous. She said that when immigrating to another country, Isamic followers do not practice polygamy, and it is even a less frequent type of marraige in her home land as well.

Even though Islam allows polygamy, very few engages in it, even in the Middle East, because most men cannot afford to support more than one wife.

wives is their version of 'big stereo, big houses, fast cars (oh they have fast cars too) its like different "ultimate or pipe dreams" to motivate those masses below them, AND to demostrate wealth and power....its a status thing over there

Back