Votes: 11 9.3%
  • DSL

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • Cable

Votes: 71 60.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
I am on cable... I did tried DSL... it kept disconnecting on me too many in one day.... so I switched to cable.. i love it

Just an update... ADSL speed is upgraded recently... 7.5mb downloads, with 800kbps upload.

As I moved to another area few months ago, I use different ISP company. It is a lot better than old ISP.

stil on a good ol' 56 k, a famous US Robotics Courier, tat was phat back then....., it never failed, a very robust dail-up, runs at a genuine 115.2 kbps
cant afford any upgrades, and niether for the rest of the system.....oh well if i ever get lucky id upgrade to full ADSL, and quad cores,2x pcie',2x24' LCDs in a heartbeat

stil on a good ol' 56 k, a famous US Robotics Courier, tat was phat back then....., it never failed, a very robust dail-up, runs at a genuine 115.2 kbps
cant afford any upgrades, and niether for the rest of the system.....oh well if i ever get lucky id upgrade to full ADSL, and quad cores,2x pcie',2x24' LCDs in a heartbeat

How much did you pay your service and which telephone company do you use?

My Aceweb dialup cost me 107 dollars a year with unlimited hours. I also have a Cox cable for the internet about 24 dollars. My sister cannot afford to have one, and I gave the dialup to my sister to use it.

Hi!!!!

I check my internet speed everyday..........both downloading & uploading speed through this site www.scanmyspeed.com
My speed test results are,
upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps
It has the best & accurate results for my internet speed test and i download it without flash or java or any other add on..........

1510406459.png

The ISP I'm using is slow... it is supposed to be on 50Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload plan.

The ISP I'm using is slow... it is supposed to be on 50Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload plan.
My download speed is 17.75 Mbps and my upload speed is 1.21 Mbps. I am on 60 Mbps plan. I don't know why it doesn't get higher for us.

My download speed is 17.75 Mbps and my upload speed is 1.21 Mbps. I am on 60 Mbps plan. I don't know why it doesn't get higher for us.

Just glad I didn't get the 100 Mbps download speed with 40Mbps upload speed plan, otherwise it would been waste of $$$ for slow speed. Yeah I don't know why it doesn't get higher for us either.

Just glad I didn't get the 100 Mbps download speed with 40Mbps upload speed plan, otherwise it would been waste of $$$ for slow speed. Yeah I don't know why it doesn't get higher for us either.
Yeah it is pointless for me to get more mbps because the speed would stay the same.

How do you find your internet speed? I'm interested in looking up mine.

Did billing statement said that you are on 60 mbps plan? Did you take speed test at 3 am? Call Spectrum?

The apartments tend to have congested CMTS and not spread equally as many people are using internet at same time, even more people start to downloading overnight as well, also condos have same issue.

If Spectrum didn't upgrade so it could be false advertising and call them if there is error.

Comcast is always congested in condo so I will never live in condo or apartment if I'm in Comcast territory.

Back