What health care reform means for your business

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a law that excepts self employers from having to get health insurance?

Yiz

So there's a law that excepts self employers from having to get health insurance?

Yiz

No....but you only have to provide insurance for your employees. Not for contractors.....So one way to beat the mandate would be to fire your employess and use contractors or temps

Yiz

No. Those that are self employed will still be required to have insurance. They just don't have an employer to provide it for them. But that is the way it is now, too. It is one of the consequences you accept when you become self employed.

And you have a duty to pay your share for the health care.

Why is it so hard to accept that you should be responsible? Anyone who jettison health insurance is irresponsible, given the fact that it often leads them to be broke and go bankrupt.

The government is NOT your enemy. Its goal is to provide you rights, protect you, and assure your welfare.

Teabaggers twist our government to become our "enemy." Tea baggers should be in a party called Meth Party because they show extraordinary paranoia - a common symptom in meth abuse.

The government is NOT your enemy. Its goal is to provide you rights, protect you, and assure your welfare.

Teabaggers twist our government to become our "enemy." Tea baggers should be in a party called Meth Party because they show extraordinary paranoia - a common symptom in meth abuse.

It's good common sense to be prepared and to look for LEGAL ways to control your expenses.

And you have a duty to pay your share for the health care.

Why is it so hard to accept that you should be responsible? Anyone who jettison health insurance is irresponsible, given the fact that it often leads them to be broke and go bankrupt.

Not only that, they ask the rest of society to take up their slack when they don't have insurance and have an unexpected heart attack, stroke, or get diagnosed with cancer. Oh, it's a different story then! They bitch and moan about paying health care premiums that helped to cover others, but when they need the help, their hand is stuck out farther than anyone's and you hear all sorts of whining about how unfair life is.

Just like the ones that run their mouths the loudest against reform, but don't have the courage or the conviction to stand by their supposed principles.

I love when old people tell Obama, "Keep the government out of my Medicare!"

LOL!

I love when old people tell Obama, "Keep the government out of my Medicare!"

LOL!

Another example of complete failure to stand up to the principles that they so loudly proclaim to have.

One thing is certain...the health care debate has served to show the character...or more often, the lack of character...of many.:laugh2:

It's good common sense to be prepared and to look for LEGAL ways to control your expenses.

Nothing wrong in trying to keep your business alive through legal means to help continue to make a profit. What part of business do people do not understand? No business means no jobs for people. Consider the foolish consequences of imposing additional taxes and other mandatory requirements that put additional financial strains increasing the risk of a business folding.

"Legal means" would have to begin with obeying the law of the land.:roll:

Nothing wrong in trying to keep your business alive through legal means to help continue to make a profit. What part of business do people do not understand? No business means no jobs for people. Consider the foolish consequences of imposing additional taxes and other mandatory requirements that put additional financial strains increasing the risk of a business folding.

I did that's why I retired....lol

Txgolfer, your example proves exactly the folly of imposing additional taxes to small businesses and other financially burdensome mandatory requirements.

Oh, yeah! It causes people to retire!! OMG!!!

I did that's why I retired....lol

Of course, it would require a person to have operated and run a business to know these things and hardship many face forcing them to go out of business. It'd be folly of others who do not know what it's like to be a business owner to think that higher taxes do not hurt. They do. Repercusions go down the line.

Of course, it would require a person to have operated and run a business to know these things and hardship many face forcing them to go out of business. It'd be folly of others who do not know what it's like to be a business owner to think that higher taxes do not hurt. They do. Repercusions go down the line.

I wrote something similar in another thread. I always laugh when I hear people complain about the company the work for. They have no clue what it takes to make things work. Heck if it's that bad start a better one. There are plenty of businesses you can start for next to nothing

I'm pro-small business, of course but try to do around to treat small businesses as superior and they are deserved to have big tax break.

Well if this is a legal loophole from this health care bill, I can see a rise in demand from Temp Agencies. Hire temps and train them to work for an X amount of time and then rotate them out for a new set of employees.

For most Temp Agencies, they loan out their employees for a minimum of 3 months and then that's it. Temp Agencies gives them their last paycheck and they're gone. The temps then go another agency to find work. So I can see Temp Agencies flourishing from this kind of business deal and neither side has to provide Health Insurance because they're not considered full time or permanent workers.

A big savings for both the Temp Agency and the Company that contracts with them.

So I can see a big growth of all sorts of new Temp Agencies looking for a piece of the pie popping up all over the place trying to land contract deals with various companies.

Yiz

You are going on the assumption that those who are in favor of the current reform are not, nor have they ever been, business owners. WRONG!

The taxes will be raised, once again, on individuals making 200,000 or families making 250,000.

Well if this is a legal loophole from this health care bill, I can see a rise in demand from Temp Agencies. Hire temps and train them to work for an X amount of time and then rotate them out for a new set of employees.

For most Temp Agencies, they loan out their employees for a minimum of 3 months and then that's it. Temp Agencies gives them their last paycheck and they're gone. The temps then go another agency to find work. So I can see Temp Agencies flourishing from this kind of business deal and neither side has to provide Health Insurance because they're not considered full time or permanent workers.

A big savings for both the Temp Agency and the Company that contracts with them.

So I can see a big growth of all sorts of new Temp Agencies looking for a piece of the pie popping up all over the place trying to land contract deals with various companies.

Yiz

No, temp status won't create a loophole. If a company is using 50 temps, they still have 50 employees. And remember, part time workers figure into that 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back