What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the igloo can collapse but if you reinforce the wall with a bit of water which will freeze later.... it's safer. Same process like you do with sand castle but it's bit tricky because it doesn't always freeze and there is sun which can weaken it.

the natives don't do this because the snow up there is as solid as brick and the temperature is god-forbidden cold but in here..... it doesn't have same condition as up there so you might want to take some precautionary measure if your igloo is pretty big but I'm sure it'll be ok. no biggie.

I kept pouring water on it to make it very solid on the outside. However, the inside is pretty soft so wait and see. thanks!

I kept pouring water on it to make it very solid on the outside. However, the inside is pretty soft so wait and see. thanks!

maybe using water spray might help??? I dunno. Wish I got a backyard to play with this

maybe using water spray might help??? I dunno. Wish I got a backyard to play with this

We used to use spray bottles and then we would color the water with food coloring just to make neat colors in the igloo. :giggle:

We used to use spray bottles and then we would color the water with food coloring just to make neat colors in the igloo. :giggle:

hey that's clever!

Yes she's only 6 years old! :shock: Kiting = kidding *lol!* she sounds it out when she writes. My hubby was laughing his ass off for 5 minutes ha ha! Ofc, he will worry about her as much as I do. sigh :giggle:

:giggle: that's so cute. no wonder she didn't want to show you at first. thats sweeetie.

yea i used to do that when i was kid. But i haven't done it many years. i should get one for my kids when the good snow comes up. I am stillllll waiting for snowstorm!

The inside as it warms up in there you keep patting down the walls as the snow on the surface dampens

I learned that the light came on indicating that the tire is getting low. Did air all four tires and the light never shut off. The guy told my hubby at gas station to check for the 5th tire (spare). Not everyone thought of that. :hmm:

Ohhhh I should do that tmw!!!

I will do that tmw to make it bigger and more solid! What a great idea! I am uploading the pics...will post them in the 2010 Blizzard pic thread :)

I will do that tmw to make it bigger and more solid! What a great idea! I am uploading the pics...will post them in the 2010 Blizzard pic thread :)

You should spend the night in it and reap the reward of your labor!!!

I learned that I know nothing about citizenship! My friend's wife is being sent out of the country and she can't take her own child because it's kidnapping!?!:shock:

I learned that I know nothing about citizenship! My friend's wife is being sent out of the country and she can't take her own child because it's kidnapping!?!:shock:

Wow! Do you have any more info???

ah a typical INS case.... it's often tragic and confusing. Sounds like the husband is a legal American citizen but the wife is not. The child is probably his son as well so he's a legal citizen in here as well. Sounds like the wife didn't do proper paperwork to get processed to be a legal American citizen so she'll have to be deported. It is upward to 1 year before she can come back.

Your friend needs to contact INS lawyer IMMEDIATELY. However - because of new INS' strict policy mandated by Homeland Security, it may be too late and they are not merciful at all.

ah a typical INS case.... it's often tragic and confusing. Sounds like the husband is a legal American citizen but the wife is not. The child is probably his son as well so he's a legal citizen in here as well. Sounds like the wife didn't do proper paperwork to get processed to be a legal American citizen so she'll have to be deported. It is upward to 1 year before she can come back.

Your friend needs to contact INS lawyer IMMEDIATELY. However - because of new INS' strict policy mandated by Homeland Security, it may be too late and they are not merciful at all.

He did get a lawyer from what I heard. I really hope it all works out! I believe he is a citizen and the child is hers, but born here. I can't believe she can't take her son though!

yes, you have to be careful where your child is born these days and make sure you are a citizen

Especially sex trafficking these days

But children belong to their mothers if they have been living with their mother.

My friend is in Texas now for an appeal. I was relayed info from another friend and that's the last I heard. :(

sounds like the wife's being deported to Mexico

yes, that's right. And We are a little worried because where she is from is really dangerous right now :(

yes, that's right. And We are a little worried because where she is from is really dangerous right now :(

hhhmmmmm....... I hope her INS lawyer can come up with ingenious plan to keep her in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back