What did you learn today? Part II

It kind of was emergency circumstances, but kind of funny.
We have this weekly ASL class or club at our church in the classroom wing.
I know more sign than anybody else there except, of course, the deaf lady. And I try to always sign what I say, or what the students are saying, so she's not left out. Habit.

So, she was doing a sign language Bingo game with the others, and I left to go use the bathroom, and came back asking my kids if they knew where a toilet plunger was. Only I signed and fingerspelled, out of my habit of always signing what's being said in that class for J, the deaf friend.

And she missed something, and thought I was explaining why I'd taken so long to get back to class, so she starts showing me the signs for everything I fingerspelled.

Plunger, by the way, was a very graphic sign. Coolness.

One of my kids brought me a plunger, and I left to go use it, leaving J. to continue the class.

I interrupted again later to ask if anybody knew where a mop was. I didn't learn the sign for mop.

:lol: Great story!

I learned to improve my Zumba class, with music organization and hope everyone enjoys my next class.

Learned that an old deafie friend that I haven't seen in 25 years was at the grocery store today while I was shopping....he and his wife live very close by, since moving back to Jax after living up North for several years....got their number (we exchanged them)....and gonna go over to visit sometimes.

I ate yuca for the first time, it was good :)

failed :( I am headached suck on stress on increase on too much! I am very tried workalochoed headached not funny! I was serious!!

Went to Cochlear Implant exercise tonight: Salsa, More this Saturday evening-Salsa Crazee social.

Hello Allleaf I let know you I will enjoy go to Holiday enjoy BC safely for me I exciting to Holiday Deaf youth fun BC!, I spending to Deaf youth coming soon I am busy prepare tomorrow after on before on before 3am! i leaving to 5am!! deaf youth enjoy fun!!
Deaf Youth is sailer is best fun!

Yesterday I learned that my new glasses, both pairs were made wrong. After waiting six weeks I found out the prescription is not correct. We got a refund and now have to find a new eye doctor and start the process all over again.

Have a great time, Travis.

I learned that we used 14 less kilowatts last month than we did the same time last year, but our electricity bill is more anyway. We've got to find more ways to cut down on electricity usage.

Have a great time, Travis.

I learned that we used 14 less kilowatts last month than we did the same time last year, but our electricity bill is more anyway. We've got to find more ways to cut down on electricity usage.

Thank :) I do good communication ASL I do figure out!, I am figure out Deaf Youth Camping,

Ottawa bring to professional for update for BC for me :) ASL I am skills learn how on ASL :) I best development to social fun Deaf youth, I do Deaf youth!

Ottawa is camera Photoshop-er person good, I am figure out awkward it feeling tomorrow I am leaving to 5 holiday! exciting! call "Sailor" closed Gulf BC ,beautiful is very lots fun! I enjoy best good! I am lots prepare :D

I learned that gas prices went up again. It was $3.93 Thursday when I filled the Expedition ($96) and today, it was $3.97 when I filled my car ($56). I am afraid to see it when I fill the Explorer tomorrow.

I am truth on no pop I refused pop cause I found it! not good health! conflict to health , serious caffience I refused I strictly on health I recommand water wisdom I carful!

Gas prices today here in CA $4.43-$4.76 per gallon with no end in sight.

Not Earth shattering, but I just learned that today is singer Carrie Underwoods' birthday.

I learned today that my oldest boy is definetely not eating right!...He voiced his concern to me in the kitchen....so I made out a list for things for him to buy at the grocery store (especially cereal & milk), as he needs more fiber!...And packed him a bag of food to take back to his apartment....Peanut butter and Chunky Soup, saltines, cereal and a few other things....

I learned that the son of the lady across the street will be buying my hubby's Ford Explorer on Monday. He doesn't care that the A/C is not working. He will fix the brakes and told me to not worry about cleaning and vacuuming. He is paying $1200 for a 1995 Ford Explorer 4X4. New motors and switches in all four windows and a brand new headliner.

Back