What did you learn today? Part II

We learned that our furnace and heat pump system need to be completely replaced. Neither the AC nor the heating functions. It will probably be next month and about $9,000 before we get it done. :(
I bought my own system on Ebay and found someone reasonable to install it. I saved thousands of dollars. My unit was a package unit(furnace and AC on the roof) and I was quoted anywhere from $17K to a ridiculous $27K to install a new unit. Bought the same unit these quotes listed on Ebay for $3,200 delivered to my door and then paid a HVAC guy to do a side job for $1,500 with my help.

But if you don't know how/what you are doing, there are going to be increased labor costs. The 8k Reba mentioned is not uncommon around here either. Thankfully we have friends who can do this for us if needed, but if you don't, then it is what it is.

LOL
I didn't mean it that way, but I'll take this.
So cute!

I am getting alerts on my phone for flooding and accidents. Two cars went into a sinkhole! UPDATE: one person hospitalized after sinkhole swallow 2 cars in Studio City, CA

People drive like maniacs in the rain and then wonder why they got into an accident.

I am staying indoors

Last edited:
I am getting alerts on my phone for flooding and accidents. Two cars went into a sinkhole! UPDATE: one person hospitalized after sinkhole swallow 2 cars in Studio City, CA

People drive like maniacs in the rain and then wonder why they got into an accident.

I am staying indoors

Just found about your area.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/us/southern-california-storm-oroville-dam/index.html

Again, just stay safe as you can.

Also, tell to your city to invest and improve the drain system.

Last edited:
We learned that our furnace and heat pump system need to be completely replaced. Neither the AC nor the heating functions. It will probably be next month and about $9,000 before we get it done. :(

My dad's house has 2 air conditioner/heating system in the attic (one for downstairs and other upstairs) plus 2 water heaters up there as well. I can't imagine the cost to replace these things. He had a new roof years ago and costs him $20k. :(

Stay safe. :afro:
Thank you

The infrastructure sucks here and that's why so many accidents. On the Cajón Pass a fire truck tipped off the road. No one was hurt. The news media blamed weather not true.

That it's Saturday and not Friday. I need to get a grip on my days of the week! That's what happens when you take a 2 week vacation.

That my little guy is a warrior. Finished 4 and 1 in his final state wrestling tournament. Broken finger and all. Dad was proud. :afro:

We learned that the new HVAC system will be closer to $6k. Still a lot of money but better than $9k. It will also be more energy efficient, and we'll get a $200 rebate from the power company.

Hubby learned today that his credit card was hacked by people in Great Britain and Australia. The Credit Union fraud department caught it in time so we didn't lose anything this time. TCS got a new credit card (again). I think I'll get a new one soon, too, just to be safe.

Hubby learned today that his credit card was hacked by people in Great Britain and Australia. The Credit Union fraud department caught it in time so we didn't lose anything this time. TCS got a new credit card (again). I think I'll get a new one soon, too, just to be safe.

Yikes! Glad they caught it! Looks like I better keep a careful eye on mine...

We learned that the new HVAC system will be closer to $6k. Still a lot of money but better than $9k. It will also be more energy efficient, and we'll get a $200 rebate from the power company.
There ya go. :)

Yikes! Glad they caught it! Looks like I better keep a careful eye on mine...
Or use Lifelock. I don't use it personally but my friends who do so swear by it. Hmmm. I am feeling spooked so I will check into it.

Someone tried to spend $400+ at a Walmart in TX with mine on Friday. It was declined and I confirmed I didn't use it in TX so I'm now waiting for my new one.
Had to change a couple of autopays to another card because they were coming up soon.

I am presently being deluged with credit card offers, but with interest near 25%, no thanks. You won't believe how much silver I have stashed away for emergencies. :)

Back