What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
People camp out several days before Black Friday to get close to the front door as possible and trying to be the first to buy things they want. I'll be using my keyboard and mouse to shop around saves me a pair or two of gray hairs... :lol:

That's the way to shop.

I can't even look at that vid that ncff07 posted without having an anxiety attack. Never, never would I go there at that time!

Yeah, and not being robbed in the parking lot after you purchased something.

That's the way to shop.

I can't even look at that vid that ncff07 posted without having an anxiety attack. Never, never would I go there at that time!

That's the way to shop.

My nephew (a cop) was assigned to Walmart last year during the evening of black friday. I was going to go in and see him while he was there so I text him and he told me not to even go in Walmart people were going crazy

Amazon sends everything right to my front door. Usually cheaper than Walmart. :P

Wishing I had a vacation spot I could escape to to relieve my stress.

My nephew (a cop) was assigned to Walmart last year during the evening of black friday. I was going to go in and see him while he was there so I text him and he told me not to even go in Walmart people were going crazy

An employee was killed one year on a black Friday , I guess that is why it called black Friday ,you risk your life being . I think it was at a Wal mart , the guy was opening the doors and he got knock over and was trampled to death . :(

An employee was killed one year on a black Friday , I guess that is why it called black Friday ,you risk your life being . I think it was at a Wal mart , the guy was opening the doors and he got knock over and was trampled to death . :(

Just curious, do you know why it's called "black Friday"?

Can't sleep so been thinking about my day. My hearing seems to have gotten a little more worse and had a lunch date with a woman who said she didn't care that I was hard of hearing. But I found out afterwards she just wasn't interested after meeting me.

Not sure how they work it about actually starting the sales since Walmart is open 24 hours a day here.

I at times would volunteer to work at another pharmacy. I got Walmart Pharmacy on Black Friday. First of all there is no where to park. Working in the pharmacy we were slow so we kind of just sat and watched all the crazy people. There was a fight between two ladies over a Barbie. Hair pulling, name calling etc. Myself, never, ever go shopping on black friday. The amazing part is, all these people put all their stuff in their cart. Then they go wait in this huge line to put everything on layaway.

I at times would volunteer to work at another pharmacy. I got Walmart Pharmacy on Black Friday. First of all there is no where to park. Working in the pharmacy we were slow so we kind of just sat and watched all the crazy people. There was a fight between two ladies over a Barbie. Hair pulling, name calling etc. Myself, never, ever go shopping on black friday. The amazing part is, all these people put all their stuff in their cart. Then they go wait in this huge line to put everything on layaway.

Absolutely :crazy:, isn't it?

augh, Black Friday. Nope, not for me! I stay home where it's warm and cozy. Forget tackling the crazies! I'd rather stay home.

Back in the good old days...of departments stores, not big box stores, we would go to Philadelphia to Wanamaker's and Strawbridges on Black Fridayas much to see the decoration as anything. Rarely bought anything. Alas, those stores don't exist (the buildings do, just not those stores). At least the organ and light show is still in the old Wanamaker's building (reduced from 9 full floors of shopping to, I think, 6 floors of Macy and not the whole floors, as I recall).

I am thinking of those who lost their lives a year ago today in the worst November tornado outbreak in more than 50 years:

http://abc7chicago.com/news/1-year-after-tornado-washington-residents-rebuild/397547/

The article that you posted was about just one of the locations affected by the tornadoes that day. It seems we are too far south for a Chicago station to include! A brother & sister lost their lives in one just outside of New Minden. Here are the results of a Google search.
https://www.google.com/search?q=New...:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

The article that you posted was about just one of the locations affected by the tornadoes that day. It seems we are too far south for a Chicago station to include! A brother & sister lost their lives in one just outside of New Minden. Here are the results of a Google search.
https://www.google.com/search?q=New...:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

25 tornadoes hit IL that day. No other state has had that many hit one state at this point of any year.

http://wdtinc.com/2013/12/29/november-17-2013-tornado-outbreak-worst-1950/

To the best of my knowledge, no state has had that many hit one state.

I know ...

I have it :naughty:
attachment.php

:whistle:

Attachments

• 2014-11-18_05-06-25_856.jpg
    2014-11-18_05-06-25_856.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 62
thinking on how cold it is outside and how I am not looking forward to getting blasted with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back