What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, I didn't ignore it. I actually been looking for deaf events this past week. Most of them are taking place next week so it doesn't really work for me. Also, I got in touch yesterday with several people who run those events and I hope I will attend. Anyways, I am very invested in my major and future career. I want to be part of your community just as much as I am of mine. This will definitely not the last time you hear from me.

By the way anyone wants to be interviewed?

Just for clarification, I'm not Deaf, but I've been on here a while. I'm a Deaf Studies Major at CSUN.

I'm glad you're taking the initiative. Do you live in an area with a large amount of Deaf people?

Eating some cereal and bacon. Nothing like breakfast for supper!

Which is typical of the thousands of students coming to this forum trying to meet a deadline. We are a chat group, not guinea pigs.

I guess the person think this thread is for students to ask us to do their homework b/c we're not doing anything else.

Wishing I hadn't chosen to take a nap late last night. Ah, well. At least I feel better. :P

Waiting to meet friend for breakfast then will check out of hotel & head to train station. Looking forward to seeing & crossing over the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Waiting to meet friend for breakfast then will check out of hotel & head to train station. Looking forward to seeing & crossing over the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Oh, how I love mountains, your train trip sounds wonderful!

Getting incredibly frustrated. I've been trying to update an album, and I have gotten kicked off my phone's browser a half-dozen times already. Makes me mad.

Last edited:
Waiting for my coffee maker to made coffee . I hope it will wake me up , b/c my doggie is telling me he's bored and want to go back to the park .

Finishing up my last day of class. Sigh....

Are you sad you will be done? Or just hard work for this class and you still have more to go?
I'm discouraged because I'm not doing well in this class. I started out well but crashed on this last project and won't even get to do the final one. I'll probably have to repeat this course. It's a hard blow, going from A-average student to failure. :(

I'm discouraged because I'm not doing well in this class. I started out well but crashed on this last project and won't even get to do the final one. I'll probably have to repeat this course. It's a hard blow, going from A-average student to failure. :(

Oh, I am sorry. That is hard to feel that way.

I think you may do well the second time as you will already have some idea. And maybe get a tutor.

(I'm also sure this probably isn't much comfort, here in the moment.)

Oh, I am sorry. That is hard to feel that way.

I think you may do well the second time as you will already have some idea. And maybe get a tutor.

(I'm also sure this probably isn't much comfort, here in the moment.)
I appreciate the thought. :)

This is a humbling experience, which maybe I needed.

It does whack my timeline in a major way. I really hoped to graduate Spring 2015. I'm not getting any younger or healthier, and not all my required courses are offered every semester, and because of prerequisites I have to take them in a certain order.

The class ends at 11:59 tonight. I'm waiting for my instructor to email me back on my latest submission. I'm going to keep trying until tonight but I don't have much hope.

I got 5 A's, 1 B, and 1 C in this class but I'll be getting a zero for the last two programs. The grading for these programs will be "all or nothing" so no partial credit for trying. But I'll turn something in anyway. I may fail but I won't quit.

Riding a train, what else. :D

20040610-bartletti-mw09-001-910.jpg

I hope you do not mean like this . :giggle: I am joking around !

Waiting for the moving truck to arrive, they should have been here hours ago and I'm so frustrated. I may end up missing class again because of this move.

Not happy.

I appreciate the thought. :)

This is a humbling experience, which maybe I needed.

It does whack my timeline in a major way. I really hoped to graduate Spring 2015. I'm not getting any younger or healthier, and not all my required courses are offered every semester, and because of prerequisites I have to take them in a certain order.

The class ends at 11:59 tonight. I'm waiting for my instructor to email me back on my latest submission. I'm going to keep trying until tonight but I don't have much hope.

I got 5 A's, 1 B, and 1 C in this class but I'll be getting a zero for the last two programs. The grading for these programs will be "all or nothing" so no partial credit for trying. But I'll turn something in anyway. I may fail but I won't quit.

Reba, this probably won't help, but you totally inspire me. Going back to school is difficult enough. You have huge medical challenges but you still did not give up.

The only way we fail....is to not try at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back