Weird earmold experience

JennyB

Reaction score
To make a long story short I had a lot of pain with my left earmold and I was struggling to put it in. Turns out I had a blister IN my ear from the earmold running. It was like a deep blister so hard to see at first. The ENT used a needle to drain it because he was afraid of infection if I popped it somehow.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of it before...

Yep.

Happened to me a few times, in form of pimples and blisters. :) Had to get new earmolds when the blisters occur.

Maybe it's an allergic reaction to the earmolds.

Yhep. It hurts, weird pain putting the earmold in or taking it out. Usually it gets too annoying, I give it 48 hours, then scratch it and it eventually will go away. I <hate> them.

I have the same problem. I am currently fighting an ear infection. Its been a month now and I have not been able to wear an HI in that ear. getting tired of it.

To make a long story short I had a lot of pain with my left earmold and I was struggling to put it in. Turns out I had a blister IN my ear from the earmold running. It was like a deep blister so hard to see at first. The ENT used a needle to drain it because he was afraid of infection if I popped it somehow.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of it before...

Is that the pain you were talking about when we met for lunch? Does the Right one have one too?
*EQL*

Is that the pain you were talking about when we met for lunch? Does the Right one have one too?
*EQL*

When we went out I don't think I was wearing the left one. Normally if I just wear one I wear the right one. I don't think the right ear has it too, it may though :dunno:

My left earmold was replaced in June though. I am 20...I shouldn't be needing new molds every few months! Allergic reaction is entirely possible, as I am allergic to MANY things and I have had reactions to molds in the past.

It's happened to me a few times. It feels like an under-the-skin zit. It wasn't from a new ear mold or an ear mold that was too old. It just happened. I don't know why it happened each time, but I simply pop it. It will hurt for a bit, then the pain goes away. :)

molds should be lasting about a year but when you are younger and you grow at all your head can change shape ( even just a little can change the ears)

When we went out I don't think I was wearing the left one. Normally if I just wear one I wear the right one. I don't think the right ear has it too, it may though :dunno:

My left earmold was replaced in June though. I am 20...I shouldn't be needing new molds every few months! Allergic reaction is entirely possible, as I am allergic to MANY things and I have had reactions to molds in the past.

Ya, you were just wearing the Right, but you had mentioned that the left had been giving you problems.

Is it all resolved yet? I still think it's SUPER weird and hope that it never happens to me.. although the chances of that are probably slim. :S

*EQL*

Ya, you were just wearing the Right, but you had mentioned that the left had been giving you problems.

Is it all resolved yet? I still think it's SUPER weird and hope that it never happens to me.. although the chances of that are probably slim. :S

*EQL*

Appointment with my audi on Wednesday. We have given up on my ears. We just except them as they are.

hahaha aww jenny...me too mel was like does this bother u about your ears and how u've lost so much ..i was like nah they've always been kinda screwey since i was a bab with all the ear infections and bursting ear drumbs so meh watevs haha

I've had zits in my ears and boils and everything when I was a kid....it used to really hurt, but now with CI it doesn't bother me ...but I know how ya feel

Ijust got a new mold made today, and I'm requesting non-allergenic material for the earmold... right now I don't care about the colors, I'm just sick of having an ear that's constantly irritated, no matter what I do. hopefully the new earmold will help.

"ha" stands for hearing aid
"CI" stands for Cochlear Implant
"audi" audiologist

hope that helps a bit:)

Back