Weird earmold experience

lol at superchick ...sometimes when I am in convo I used those abbreviations with hearies and they are lke what? I was like oh..right it's a deaf thing haha

happens the same to me lol but it's when I'm talking with hearing and spanish speakers, I'm like "no, no utlizo HA" (= no I don't wear HA) hearing aids in spanish it's "audífonos" I can't use abbreviations with people!

I believe all my hearing friends and not-friends (?) should join AD so they can understand what I mean :P

My audi tried to trim down the molds a bit but no such luck. Waiting for an email to set up an appt for impressions. boooooo. Especially since my audi is really expensive for new molds!

My audi tried to trim down the molds a bit but no such luck. Waiting for an email to set up an appt for impressions. boooooo. Especially since my audi is really expensive for new molds!

awe.. that sucks! How much are new molds for you?
*EQL*

I remember having zits in my ears when I was a teen. The pain was nasty. I had found that if I don't wear my HA in the ear for 3 days, the zit gets aired out and sort of heal, somewhat. And there would be little or no pain when I wore the HA again.

I've had an allergic rash in my ear canals once. My ears ITCHED! It was from the sweat mixed with the sunscreen that I was using. I had become allergic to sunscreens.

I tend to have lots of spots/sores in my right ear. I just remove my HA for a while. Also my earmould is really irritating me at the mo, it's a different kind of mould. I will get them to switch me back on my regular earmould. They said the earmould I'v got is a newer earmould for those with profound losses like myself, but I actually preferred the previous moulds.

WOAH 120 total! lol that's a friggin steal! holy crap

like i said.. i *THINK* they were $120 total.. i don't remember for sure though. Don't have the reciept here and its not listed separately on my invoice for the Naidas.

*EQL*

Edited: Yup, found it! Custom Ultrasil Shell Earmold 60 x2 = $120

like i said.. i *THINK* they were $120 total.. i don't remember for sure though. Don't have the reciept here and its not listed separately on my invoice for the Naidas.

*EQL*

Edited: Yup, found it! Custom Ultrasil Shell Earmold 60 x2 = $120

Wow! My audiologist is expensive in general but I love her and can't bring myself to switch for purely financial reasons! Really, she is worth the price.

To make a long story short I had a lot of pain with my left earmold and I was struggling to put it in. Turns out I had a blister IN my ear from the earmold running. It was like a deep blister so hard to see at first. The ENT used a needle to drain it because he was afraid of infection if I popped it somehow.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have never heard of it before...

My son is experiencing this now in one ear and it sucks. He is only 3 and is doing so good wearing his aids but I want to let it heal before putting one in that ear again. How do you clean the earmolds? The audi just said to wipe with a damp clean cloth but I wonder if I could wash them in a soapy solution and let dry?

My son is experiencing this now in one ear and it sucks. He is only 3 and is doing so good wearing his aids but I want to let it heal before putting one in that ear again. How do you clean the earmolds? The audi just said to wipe with a damp clean cloth but I wonder if I could wash them in a soapy solution and let dry?

You can clean it with an alcohol wipe.

I put mine right under the tap and rub them off.

How do you clean the earmolds? The audi just said to wipe with a damp clean cloth but I wonder if I could wash them in a soapy solution and let dry?

It fine to wash them in some soapy water, I give mine a little scrub with a soft nail brush too, it gets the wax off.

thye are easy to clean they are just silicone anyway you can even cleen them with you hands.

anyone know if soft moulds can be shaved down at all? ive been having some discomfort with mine recently.. *sigh*
*EQL*

It fine to wash them in some soapy water, I give mine a little scrub with a soft nail brush too, it gets the wax off.

Thanks, this is what I started to do and it has helped a lot.

As far as the trimming, I had to do that to one of his when he first got them after a few days. I could tell one was bothering him and when I looked at it closely I could see a tiny plastic burr, used a razor blade and took it off.

Back