update on frankie

also, his audiogram has him right on the borderline of profound/severe. even yet, he is definitely getting something from his hearing aids and that is what is important..i dont think even the implant would "fix" him, and i just cant put him through a painful surgery on the chance that it could, even a little bit.

Hmmmm........ I wonder if maybe you could ask about super high power aids or even maybe a body worn aid to get the max benifit? They actually still sell them in Europe.
I think if he has some residual hearing with aids, you have some time bought....the important thing is to get SOME sound and that he is reacting to it.

shes got them up pretty loud, and he can hear stuff if we shout/turn it up all the way. which has resulted in all of us having things at full blast without even thinking. what is a body worn hearing aid? but he is definitely hearing stuff because his babbling has picked up a LOT recently.

Body worn hearing aid is a box type hearing aids. The mic and processor is in a box and has wires going to ears so can hear.. I used to wear those before the BTE hearing aids were powerful enough for me to hear.

Here is picture of it:

http://samspritzer.com/?p=2430

I really like that picture of Frankie with the warning sign. From his expression, I would have to wonder what he was thinking about.

oh i forgot to tell you guys about this...someone in our city called the city manager pretending to be my husband and initially canceled the sign! we had to go down there in person and assure them that we did still need it! it was some jerk on our local forum.

sapulpaheraldonline.com :: View topic - deaf child caution signs

I checked out that link - that guy who was complaining about his tax dollars being wasted - what a jerk! You even already said you're happy to pay out of pocket and he was still bitching. Some people need to get a life and stop being so self-centered.

yeah, i just happened to call and check on the progress of getting it up and they told me that they thought my husband didnt want it up..pff. what a jerkoff! i mean, yes, i know his whole 1.5 cent of tax money put him under the table and all. idiot. and i know it was him who called because who else would do it? i cant believe the city didnt at least call me and double check though.

:shock: Why on earth would anyone object to such a sign in their neighborhood? I'd think people would want to do anything to slow down cars when it comes to kids playing ... regardless of any health or accessibility issues. What a vile neighbor.

Ha. someone named frankie's friend's comment was good. I couldnt believe that he whines about it. He isn't disabled and dont have to pay for some kind of supports then he should be silent.

im just kind of baffled about my jerk neighbor and then this guy..are there really people out there that have some sort of grudge against disabled people??
yeah frankies friend is actually my friend, and i thought that was pretty good!

I think there are some people that like to fight and create drama whereever they go. But, wow, pretending to be your husband and canceling your sign request -- that is really low. I'm not sure he qualifies for membership in the human race.

im just kind of baffled about my jerk neighbor and then this guy..are there really people out there that have some sort of grudge against disabled people??
yeah frankies friend is actually my friend, and i thought that was pretty good!

Yes there are. Sadly, you will get to experience it through Frankie. That won't be an isolated incident, and you may understand why many of us are very hostile.

i liked his comment of how i got my way and didnt have to pay for it though...i still cant believe someone would say that.
ive never experienced this sort of behavior before though, this whole attitude against a disabled child..i would never have thought adults could be like this. children, yes because kids are jerks for the most part, but adults know better.

oh i forgot to tell you guys about this...someone in our city called the city manager pretending to be my husband and initially canceled the sign! we had to go down there in person and assure them that we did still need it! it was some jerk on our local forum.

sapulpaheraldonline.com :: View topic - deaf child caution signs

That is horrible! I bet you could find out who the jerk it if you contact the forum moderator ! That jerk should be banned from the forum!!

i liked his comment of how i got my way and didnt have to pay for it though...i still cant believe someone would say that.
ive never experienced this sort of behavior before though, this whole attitude against a disabled child..i would never have thought adults could be like this. children, yes because kids are jerks for the most part, but adults know better.

If you pay rent you are paying part of your landlord taxes and did help pay for the sign!! Your neighbor sound like a real asshole that has nothing better to do than pick on a disabled child! Maybe he was not hugged enough as a child!! I better he does this kind of things to other people! The funny thing once this jerk get on Medicare other tax payers will be paying for him and I bet he will not complain that!!

shes got them up pretty loud, and he can hear stuff if we shout/turn it up all the way. which has resulted in all of us having things at full blast without even thinking. what is a body worn hearing aid? but he is definitely hearing stuff because his babbling has picked up a LOT recently.

Oh OK. I was just thinking that a body worn aid might give him more power. Maybe ask for a power aid? It's good that he's responding somewhat....

Back