The Walking Dead

Stephen King’s April Fool’s Joke on ‘Walking Dead’ Fans?

A post went up on author Stephen King’s website today, announcing that the Master of Horror would be writing for ‘The Walking Dead.’ Okay, that’s not hard to imagine. In fact, it would be cool! But, when you click into the story, the news is not good. And the general consensus is it’s not true!

JR brought it to my attention this morning, when he saw it on Facebook. We checked out the link and read the opening, that claimed King would be writing ‘a series’ for Season 6. Okay, that’s pretty cool, we thought. (that has, since, been changed to ‘an episode’)

But then you read on, and the post says three major characters will die, including one who carries a crossbow! NO! Not Daryl! Anyone who’s listened to me in the morning knows that I’d stop watching ‘Walking Dead’ if Daryl were killed. JR and I discussed whether it’s real. Or perhaps an April Fool’s Joke?

And although there’s been no official word from King on whether it is indeed a joke, I decided to do a little snooping. I commented on the post ‘April Fool’s?’ and my comment was deleted by the moderator. Next, I went to King’s Facebook page and found the link, with a lot of comments from people who realized it was a prank. I mean, think about it….the confidentiality on that show is incredible. They even put the actor who plays Morgan up in a remote bed and breakfast once, so no one would leak that he would be on the episode. There’s no WAY they’d leak THIS!

Bottom line….this is most likely a great prank from a man who is capable of much more than freaking us out. Or is he? I mean, this was funny. But seriously freaked me out at first! Regardless, very funny!

Read More: Stephen King's April Fool's Joke for Dead Fans | http://q1065.fm/stephen-kings-april-fools-joke-on-walking-dead-fans/?trackback=tsmclip

Oh yeah, totally a prank, I'm sure! I just got pranked bad this morning myself!

It would be cool if he wrote an episode though..

Betting it is a prank. There is no way they'd say THAT much ('one of them with a crossbow being killed off') lol. They were saying on Talking Dead that where the actor who plays Morgan was staying the other residents there had to sign a confidentiality agreement stating not to say he was there. They're tight lipped on just about everything.

Interesting finale- Gabriel was a diphead for the most part but at the end seems like he's starting to accept he is just as 'bad' as the others and that he willingly allowed his congregation to die. A little surprised that Glenn let Nicholass I mean Nicholas live but will be interesting to see what happens. As for Morgan walking in...hard to tell- they didn't show WHO Rick shot- the assumption is Pete but Reg is also another possibility (to prevent him from turning)- on Deanna's say.

I'm more curious to see more about the Wolves- scary sh1t lol but ingenious with the walkers and setting up the trucks with music and strobe lights.

Betting it is a prank. There is no way they'd say THAT much ('one of them with a crossbow being killed off') lol. They were saying on Talking Dead that where the actor who plays Morgan was staying the other residents there had to sign a confidentiality agreement stating not to say he was there. They're tight lipped on just about everything.

Interesting finale- Gabriel was a diphead for the most part but at the end seems like he's starting to accept he is just as 'bad' as the others and that he willingly allowed his congregation to die. A little surprised that Glenn let Nicholass I mean Nicholas live but will be interesting to see what happens. As for Morgan walking in...hard to tell- they didn't show WHO Rick shot- the assumption is Pete but Reg is also another possibility (to prevent him from turning)- on Deanna's say.

I'm more curious to see more about the Wolves- scary sh1t lol but ingenious with the walkers and setting up the trucks with music and strobe lights.

Watch that scene again and look closely if you can. It looked like Rick shot Pete.

I've watched most of the episodes faithfully and only missed a few...but the Season Finale?....Didn't get it....Would be great if someone could take the time to explain it a little....

Last show of the season - which I'm re-watching for the third time as I loved it....

It opens with Morgan - Rick's friend just after the world fell apart. When they last met, Morgan tried to kill Rick as he had lost his son. Morgan could never kill his wife after she was infected, and one day, she bit their son and he lost both for which he never forgave himself. They parted (with guns and ammo) but he said to Morgan before they parted to find them when he was able. He followed them eventually by signs in the trees and over where they had gone. He awakes in a car and steps outside to have coffee when "The Wolves" approach with a gun on Morgan. The Wolves have been following Rick's group and they're not friendly as Morgan quickly finds out. Yet his skill with the stick enables him to get away, but he doesn't kill them...later we see that was a huge mistake because they find others and kill them and they're still looking for Rick's group.

Morgan does find Daryl who got trapped with Aaron. They thought a truck had canned goods but it was walkers instead - a gift from "The Wolves." He saves them and shows them a map where he hopes to find another road. Daryl see's the message Abraham left for Rick: "Sorry for being an a*** the world needs Rick Grimes." The three head back to Alexandria together.

Glen was almost taken out by the guy (Nick) who abandoned his friend (Aidan) when he was impaled after shooting a shooting a walker with an implosive on him. Glen tried to save him. The guy who was impaled was Deanna's son - she's the leader of Alexandria. Bear in mind that the episode prior, Father Gabriel comes to Deanna and says Rick's group are the Devil and don't deserve Alexandria and they'll destroy the place. Well, after Aiden gets taken, they escape and in the process, Nick gets Noah killed trying to run away. He leaves them both for dead and tries to get Eugene out of the car (he was trying to rescue them) at gun point. Glen jumps him and saves Eugene from harm and the three drive back to Alexandria where Nick tells Deanna his twisted version of events. During the final, Nick tries to kill Glen before Deanne learns the truth but Glen gets the upper hand and drags his sorry ass back rather than kill him.

Pete is the doctor who has also been caring for Tara who got injured when Glen, Nick, Aiden, Noah and Eugene were making a run for the compound. Carole pays him a visit because she knows he beats his wife and kids and she's worried about the boy, although he's a thorn in her side. She threatens him that if he doesn't take care of Tara, she'll kill him.

Rick lost it in a fight with Pete the episode prior and Deanna separated them both. Father Gabriel's words were weighing on her mind. Michonne stopped Rick and took control. She sides with him still but doesn't want him to make trouble because it will find them eventually. Carole tells her, Abraham, and Glen about the guns now being guarded, that they still have knives and she says to keep things under cover and tell them only what they want to hear. The meeting will decide if Rick gets sent away so she encourages him to make up a story they'll accept. "These people are children and children like to hear stories." Carole knows that this place may be temporary so she's careful not to show her true self...and she arms herself. Carole goes to the meeting and speaks in defense of Rick as does Maggie who eventually excuses herself and finds Sasha fighting with Father Gabriel in the church.

Father Gabriel remembering Maggie's words is haunted that he was in charge of his flock, and instead of protecting them, he hid because he's a coward who only claims to be a man of God....but he's weak. He confronts a walker to make a first kill but he's scared the whole time and returns to the church to find Sasha looking for help. She's suffering from PTS - as is everyone including Father Gabriel. Instead of offering comfort, he tells her she was responsible for Bob's death and that was made to pay for her sins. They fight and that's when Maggie steps in before Sasha shoots him with her gun. In the end, all three of them pray together in the church alone.

Rick is out looking around and see's the gate open. Father Gabriel was asked to shut it when he returned and left it open on purpose and a walker came through and eventually attacks Rick who takes it out and carries it to the meeting, dropping it in front of Deanna and her husband. He refuses to apologize for the earlier fight but does apologize for not warning them sooner that they will need to change to survive....but that he'll help him learn how to adapt....if they're willing to learn. Suddenly Pete the doctor comes to the meeting, drunk, and carrying Michonne's sword. As Deanna's husband tries to calm him down, he pushes him away, while cutting him with the sword. He bleeds to death in his wife's arm. Rick had warned Deanna leading up to the fight that the doctor had to be killed because he was beating his family and was dangerous. She refused and said he was not to be touched. With her husband now dead in her arms, she turns to Rick and says "Do it." From her lips to his gun and Rick shoots the doctor dead right in front of his wife and the group...and a very shocked Morgan who is to stunned to see an almost wild version of his long lost friend.

How do you know Rick shot the doctor, and not Deanna's husband who was about to turn into a zombie?

How do you know Rick shot the doctor, and not Deanna's husband who was about to turn into a zombie?

Because while Deanna was holding her husband in her arms, Rick was facing her. When she said "Rick...do it" he turned towards the doctor and shot him in the head. No one turns that fast...remember Andrea? It took a while before her sister came back and had to be killed again. So....for Deanna, killing "isn't something that we do," but when she lost her son and her husband - the rules changed quickly for her.

I have started watching walking dead I half way through series 1 been watching all afternoon I see the attraction just wish I not read these posts now I know the endings.grrrrrrrrr

"Fear the Walking Dead" spin off show will be on air during the summer.

I still watching it but got bit put off by this guy having leg chopped off roasted and eaten and not by zombies but I gather he got the zombie virus..felt bit queasy not gone back to it

The show opened strong - very different from FTWD and good to see it back. I have a feeling Morgan is going to be trouble for Rick and the gang.....

Laura

The show opened strong - very different from FTWD and good to see it back. I have a feeling Morgan is going to be trouble for Rick and the gang.....

Laura
My friend says she saw posts on I think the walking dead's FB page that said the episode was "the worst yet". Both of us disagree. Opened strong. Really thought that guy would have stuck around- he would have been trouble for Rick. I'm not sure if Morgan will be. Ron might be after what happened with his father.

They have yet to deal with the Wolves.

The Walking Dead was completely awesome! That Squeeze walker was AMAZING! poor Carter though! But, WHAT IS MORGANS PROBLEM!!!! i get a really bad vibe from him for the first time ever! I can't wait to see them face the Wolves.

Morgan may be a problem. But then again he may be the one who keeps Rick grounded a bit. He may be the one who reminds him of what he used to be. So he doesn't turn into the new Governor and make this place a new Woodbury. A friend and I were talking and he made a good point. It's funny how at this point of the series Rick has become a lot like Shane. He will kill anyone who threatens his family and sacrifice anyone who threatens him.

I love the episode last Sunday. Are they moving on to a different place?

I wonder why only Morgan showed up of all the main group.

Probably because he left Rick and the others early as he didn't like the way events unfolded. The person that defied Rick getting killed - seeing him putting the guy down - maybe he thought he could recover, maybe he wondered if Rick murdered him? He seems to disagree with him as is he is now - and disagrees with reality given how he fought but wouldn't kill to defend others as Carole did.

I think it's time for Morgan to move on...he's about as useless as the priest.

Laura

Carol rocks! And it's Morgan's fault one of the wolves now has a gun. But there is more to Morgan. He's going to be heavy this season. They have been hinting on him for to long to just cast him aside.

Probably because he left Rick and the others early as he didn't like the way events unfolded. The person that defied Rick getting killed - seeing him putting the guy down - maybe he thought he could recover, maybe he wondered if Rick murdered him? He seems to disagree with him as is he is now - and disagrees with reality given how he fought but wouldn't kill to defend others as Carole did.

I think it's time for Morgan to move on...he's about as useless as the priest.

Laura

Morgan is useful. He taught Rick how to survive. Morgan noticed Rick changed. He watched Rick kill Pete. It's take time to get know Rick again. Priest Gabriel is useless and coward. He left the Gate opened for zombies and betrayed the group. Group not going trust Gabriel.

Rick went to town alone. Morgan and his son met Rick. There are not others were with Rick in first show. Morgan didn't left Rick. Morgan have a son the time he wasn't infected but his wife was zombie. Rick gave Morgan a rifle and Walkie-Talkie, Rick promised Morgan that he will talk with him every dawn. So Rick have to go his way to find his family near Atlanta. Morgan understood. In some different shows i think i remember Rick's walkie-talkie lost or got stole by some scravengers. Then Rick have no way communicate with Morgan or he forgot about Morgan. Morgan was alone after his son was infected and turn into zombie. So he left the his house and went to other town. He still have walkie talkie and he hope rick talks to him. Many days later Rick surprised He meet Morgan again but Morgan changed. HE was insane but he is smart he know how setup traps for zombie with rats. Rick understood Morgan was alone and not well in his head but he still have his walkie talkie. Morgan miss Rick as good friends. Of course Morgan tried to kill rick but he wanna Rick kill him. Rick did not blame Morgan for insanity. But Rick let him live and left him. At Last season, Morgan is back? Morgan got his sh-t together. He is not insane anymore. Morgan is not like priest Gabriel. Gabriel is coward and don't understand how the group work. Gabriel betrayed group. Morgan is useful and he never been in Rick's group before.. Morgan taught Rick how to survive. Morgan should have killed 2 Wolves survivors but he let them live just like Rick let Morgan lives. I don't think Morgan wanna to kill anybody but Rick going act like Shane leading of group.

Last edited:
But did Morgan really get his act together? Seemed like he is not of the mindset of killing people anymore. He said "I'm sorry" when he (I am guessing) killed the intruder last week. Gabriel on the other hand seems to have finally figured it out and is ready to learn how the hell to survive- including using weapons.

I do agree that I don't think that Morgan will disappear anytime soon but it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't get why he gave one of the Wolves a gun when they already have their 'method' of killing down pat (yeeck...)- Maybe the gun is empty... or it will just run out of ammo soon enough anyway.

Curious to know if any of the Alexandria people recognized any of the Wolves (thinking exiles from Alexandria....).

Back