The PS3 Forum: Updates and News

Yeah. I sold farcry2, and then when i have money, i wanted a new game. I have looked around new games in gamestop, and then found out that cod waw is coming out on the first day. I decided to buy, and played online, wow, very addictive. I love old school maps, and guns aren't bad at all. I kept playing Hardcore Search & Destroy, that is something I'm really good at, and it makes my rank to boost faster than other type of games in WaW. I did enjoy co-op with friends to fight against zombies. Do you own cod waw?

Do you love Far Cry 2? Just wonders.

I have FC2 for PC and it's okay but difficult to manage with learning curve at first place.

Yeah. I sold farcry2, and then when i have money, i wanted a new game. I have looked around new games in gamestop, and then found out that cod waw is coming out on the first day. I decided to buy, and played online, wow, very addictive. I love old school maps, and guns aren't bad at all. I kept playing Hardcore Search & Destroy, that is something I'm really good at, and it makes my rank to boost faster than other type of games in WaW. I did enjoy co-op with friends to fight against zombies. Do you own cod waw?

Yes I own it for the PS3 version as well and killing nazi zombies really spice everything up lol. It is pretty awesome.

Do you love Far Cry 2? Just wonders.

I have FC2 for PC and it's okay but difficult to manage with learning curve at first place.

I did enjoy playing Far Cry 2, and beat that game, and then sold it. I don't like FC2 multiplayer game, because the maps are too huge, and too much jungles - hard for me to find the enemy since I'm deaf. :lol:

Yes I own it for the PS3 version as well and killing nazi zombies really spice everything up lol. It is pretty awesome.

Cool, we should play together in WaW multiplayer ... that should be fun, add me extancy (PSN).

:cheers:

Hi there, I have a few questions - Are there mini PS3 devices come out, yet? If so, how much cost for this mini device? Thanks. :)

Cheers ~

KarissaMann05, are you talking about this one?A
ps3slim_2.jpg

Hi there, I have a few questions - Are there mini PS3 devices come out, yet? If so, how much cost for this mini device? Thanks. :)

Cheers ~

Probably not happen because PS3 use PowerPC and strong graphic hardware, it would make too difficult to slimmer, unlike PS2 does and would be more heat issue when slimmer it.

Probably not happen because PS3 use PowerPC and strong graphic hardware, it would make too difficult to slimmer, unlike PS2 does and would be more heat issue when slimmer it.

Yea exactly what I was thinking. The PS3 used pretty much all of the current existing techology that we have out there today even with Blu-ray and cell progressor, which most other machines dont have those just yet.

It would indeed be difficult to give it a redesign somehow so perhas later on will find a way to make it slimmer and such in the future.

Techology evolves pretty fast these days. :)

Yea exactly what I was thinking. The PS3 used pretty much all of the current existing techology that we have out there today even with Blu-ray and cell progressor, which most other machines dont have those just yet.

It would indeed be difficult to give it a redesign somehow so perhas later on will find a way to make it slimmer and such in the future.

Techology evolves pretty fast these days. :)

Yup, CPU's nanometer (nm) need to be shrinking to fit in slim console, current is 65 nm and before was 90 nm, it need shrinking to 45 nm or less to make benefit for redesign into slim console.

In my PC, Core 2 Duo CPU is 45 nm and far more faster than PS3's CPU.

PS3's CPU is partly compare to Power Mac G5, Power Mac G5 was 5 years ago.
http://www.geekpatrol.ca/2006/11/playstation-3-performance/

Also, when compare with CPU for PC and PS3, it's just like compare with orange and apple, both of them cannot be compare due different architecture.

JoshB4802 said:
KarissaMann05, are you talking about this one?A
ps3slim_2.jpg

Wow, it looks so new to me. I'm not familiar with that, but is it a mini PS3, right?

As rest of above posts - Ah, I see. All right, thanks for the answers. :)

Wow, it looks so new to me. I'm not familiar with that, but is it a mini PS3, right?

As rest of above posts - Ah, I see. All right, thanks for the answers. :)

No problem. Perhas in the future there will be some...for now the orginal price on the PS3 is $400, the 80GB model which is now Sony's primary focus, as there is also a limited edition of the 160GB bundle with Uncharted : Drake's Fortune included, for $500. Thou however neither of them have the ablitiy to play PS2 games.

Sony cut the backwards compatalibity out due to the costs of manufacturing so yeah, it sucks.

While I admit I am lucky I already have mine which is rare so...there is still a chance u could get the preowned console from somewhere such as Gamestop and Amazon.com.

Good luck.

I have one question about PS3, is it worth to buy PS3 to play several games, mostly exclusive to Sony?

I have one question about PS3, is it worth to buy PS3 to play several games, mostly exclusive to Sony?

Yep! Most definetly and you wouldnt be disappointed.

I love the exclusives such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Resistance 2, Heavenly Sword, and others.

I am a very proud PS3 owner and I look forward to playing more as Resident Evil 5. :)

(Even thou it is on the xbox360, but I dont completely trust my Xbox360 due to the fear of getting the famous ring of death again but of course, with the NXE that came out not too long ago, has allowed you to install games to the hard drive so it should work the same way as the PS3, and reducing the risk of hardware failure, so let's see about that.)

Back