The Celebrity Apprentice 2011!! Marlene Matlin!!!

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good Luck to Marlene!! :thumb:

The Celebrity Apprentice | NBC.com

Last Sunday.. Fired to David Cassidy
images

I watched half the first one so I didn't know who got fired.

I watched it last week, it was very interesting. Marlee was correcting LaToya Jackson about ASAP, such as Performers, should be Professionals. I think Canseco should be fired, because he did not get anyone to donate $ for him. Look forward to tomorrow show. I believe ASAP win again according to preview from last week show.

I never cared for the show Apprentice, but im a Marlee addict so i'll be glued to the screen as long as shes around :)

That would be tremendous if Marlene (first Deaf) wins? :fingersx:

Wirelessly posted

Did anyone see the latest where Dionne say deaf people would make kids sad and they are not ready for that type of diversity?

And thought sign language was too advanced. I guess baby signs and gestures are too advanced for them too. A child is never too young to learn and know ABOUT signing.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Did anyone see the latest where Dionne say deaf people would make kids sad and they are not ready for that type of diversity?

I saw it. I also saw Marlee had the best ideas. She has already written several kids books, plus has several kids.

At least she is still in the running.

Wirelessly posted

And thought sign language was too advanced. I guess baby signs and gestures are too advanced for them too. A child is never too young to learn and know ABOUT signing.

I was more than irritated. The book was supposed to be about one of the team memebers and Marlee has a great story. And kids are NEVER too young to learn about diversity. Gee Dionne, maybe we shouldnt expose them to black kids either. Might be too much for them to handle!

I was equally annoyed at the end when the judge said that the theme "Be Yourself" was too complicated for 4 and 5 year olds. Books are a learning experience and you can never start too young! Grr!

Wirelessly posted

Yeah, and you know what, I thought the boys team's story was sad (kids making fun of him because he is different and new)

Last edited:
I was more than irritated. The book was supposed to be about one of the team memebers and Marlee has a great story. And kids are NEVER too young to learn about diversity. Gee Dionne, maybe we shouldnt expose them to black kids either. Might be too much for them to handle!

I was equally annoyed at the end when the judge said that the theme "Be Yourself" was too complicated for 4 and 5 year olds. Books are a learning experience and you can never start too young! Grr!

Disgusting ignorance on TV. I didn't see that. How did Marlee react?

Wirelessly posted

She looked mad but tried her best to keep her cool. She told Donald why she felt Dionne should be fired.

I watched it, and I wanted to throttle that old bag Dionne Warick. What she said about why they shouldn't do Marlee's story ("people are going to feel sorry for her!" etc.) is exactly the ignorant and backward type of thinking that we need to be fighting against. Also, I hated how she wouldn't talk directly to Marlee, but kept referring to her in the third person and only talking to her interpreter. That was just ignorant and shows how little she respects Marlee and deaf people in general. She sees them as below her.

It's hard to know what exactly Marlee said to Dionne, because the producers can edit and show whatever they like. I can't imagine that Marlee wouldn't have taken the time to explain why Dionne's viewpoint was wrong, but I think the producers focused more on her anger and emotional reaction.

I think smarter people watching the show would have recognized what was going on, but for most people, I think they probably agreed with Dionne, and that's just sad. Yet another golden opportunity to educate the world about deafness... missed. Damnit.

I was also disappointed in the other women because they did not stand up for Marlee, though clearly they were not in agreement with Dionne (like Nikki Taylor), but they were just trying to not rock the boat, or were intimidated. Maybe they should write another book and call it, "Stand Up for What is Right!"

No shit. It's exactly like that. How would she feel if someone had told her, at the start of her singing career, "N*****, know your place"? Cause that's basically what she just said to Marlee.

I have to agree though that the theme "be yourself" is a bit of an abstract idea that five year old children might not understand. Hell, a lot of adults don't know how to be themselves. But if the story had been told from the point of view of a deaf Lion, it would have been much more concrete and accessible from the children.

I don't watch previous Celebrity Apprentice nor the Apprentice. Celebrity Apprentice 2011 is the first time I've been watching because of Marlee. Dionne's remarks toward deafness are shocking. She definitely needs to be educated on deafness daily before she becomes senile.. or is she now, eh?

Lisa Rinna may not have been the best project manager, but she should hold her head. It was the game show. Expect the unexpected.

I am not impressed with Star Jones and Dioanne's diva behaviors. They have the biggest egos in the entire universe. No wonder Star Jones keeps making enemies since The View. She appears to have issues with ethical standards and professionalism. Bleh.

Next show, Gary Busey will be the men's project manager. That ought to be interesting!

Back