Terps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am argueing Shermy. I just don't feel guilty (mostly). I respectfully disagree. I just know that I am not responsible for my actions (completely) right in this case. In think that has one has to know me to understand. I would never act in the manner I did when feeling being normal in my mood. Never Schermy. Again, you would have to know my personality. It is really that simple. I do not mean to make waves but I know that (in this one case) I am right. Thanks.

Have you seen how many (the majority) agree with me here on AD? Click here to read those comments.

I would declare (in a heart beat) my apology if I felt, for one nano-second, that I was completely at fault. Trust me on that one.

You know that there are laws that protect individuals who commit horrible crimes (like murder) to receive much lighter sentences because of their momentary insanity- the insanity defense. Those ones are not held completely accountable for there actions because of insanity. It’s true.

Now for those who may say that a bipolar episode is not insanity, I would insist that you alter your thinking. Such episodes (swings) are nothing less than insanity. Just look at the chaos brought about by my harsh words. And that was a very mild episode too- not close (by a mile) to a full fledge event.

A bipolar person goes from sanity, to a manic state, to a dark mood (depression) in a short time. If that is not insanity I do not know what is. And to say that such a person is completely responsible for his/her actions is ludicrous and unjust. Just ask a judge of law.

Actually, the insanity defense is one that is rarely upheld int he courts. It is extremely difficult to defend someone under this defense, and the only times it has been applicable have been in the case of complete psychotic breaks. Bi-polar disorder does not manifest with complete psychotic breaks.

This post is just another example of your refusal to accept respsonsibility for both your disorder and your errors in judgement. Until you are able to do that, I can't see you gainfully employed in any field, much less one that requires service to others.

jillio: If you were to know me personally, you would agree with my answer. I do not feel in the least fully responsible for my actions. If I felt your were correct, I would of apoligize immediately. If you or others feel differently, I am sorry. But I know that I am not fully guilty. You would have to know me to know that fact. Thank you for your word anyway.

Okay, AB. Whatever you say. It is quite obvious that you arrived here asking for help, but are unwilling to receive the help that has been offered. Good luck to you. And I suggest that you contact your psychiatrist immediately for an adjustment in your meds. You are showing definate signs of a manic episode.

Seriously???? You're going to argue with a therapist???

We call these clients "Yes, buts". They have an excuse for everything, and it is always someone else's fault. AB has been provided with some valuable information in many of the threads he has created, and he refuses to accept any of it. I would suggest there is more going on here than Bi-Polar Disorder. I would not be surprised if he didn't have a comorbid diagnosis (I have one in mind).

The reason I am going against jillio is because I know I am right. Back during my one of sessions with my psychiatrist- a very good doctor: A diplomat of psychiatry in the city I might add. We, believe or not, had a mild dispute. I was always very respectful and never too pushy. He had prescribed me a medication called Abilify. During a later session I complained about seizures in my right arm and leg.

He was confused because that was not listed as one of the side effects of the drug. He gathered his medical books, big, thick volumes, and looked over the information right there in front of me. He concluded that I was mistaken and sent me to a neurologist. The neurologist ran TWO CAT scans and came to the same professional opinion.

I of course left convinced that it was not my medication. Sadly the seizures continued. Then one night I saw an Abilify commercial, which caught my attention. Toward the end of the ad the narrator said that the drug might cause uncontrollable seizure that could become permanent.

In our next session I brought out the commercial and my psychiatric, a man of many years of experience with diplomas from the finest schools, disagreed with me. I respectively requested that the dosage be reduced. He told me gently that I was incorrect. Well we went back in forth for a short while until the doctor gave in and lowered my Abilify by five mg.

Guess what happed?

The seizure cease and I have not had one seizure since. Doctors/therapist are human (imperfect like the rest of us- not their fault understand) so he made an error in his assessment and gave me a firm handshake on the next visit.

Right now I feel as strong as I felt then and I have to insist that I am correct in this one particular stance. Again, and of vital importance, you would have to know me personally to agree with me. None of you, I sure you would agree, know me that well. So in this cast request to please give me the benefit of the doubt.

The reason I am going against jillio is because I know I am right. Back during my one of sessions with my psychiatrist- a very good doctor: A diplomat of psychiatry in the city I might add. We, believe or not, had a mild dispute. I was always very respectful and never too pushy. He had prescribed me a medication called Abilify. During a later session I complained about seizures in my right arm and leg.

He was confused because that was not listed as one of the side effects of the drug. He gathered his medical books, big, thick volumes, and looked over the information right there in front of me. He concluded that I was mistaken and sent me to a neurologist. The neurologist ran TWO CAT scans and came to the same professional opinion.

I of course left convinced that it was not my medication. Sadly the seizures continued. Then one night I saw an Abilify commercial, which caught my attention. Toward the end of the ad the narrator said that the drug might cause uncontrollable seizure that could become permanent.

In our next session I brought out the commercial and my psychiatric, a man of many years of experience with diplomas from the finest schools, disagreed with me. I respectively requested that the dosage be reduced. He told me gently that I was incorrect. Well we went back in forth for a short while until the doctor gave in and lowered my Abilify by five mg.

Guess what happed?

The seizure cease and I have not had one seizure since. Doctors/therapist are human (imperfect like the rest of us- not their fault understand) so he made an error in his assessment and gave me a firm handshake on the next visit.

Right now I feel as strong as I felt then and I have to insist that I am correct in this one particular stance. Again, and of vital importance, you would have to know me personally to agree with me. None of you, I sure you would agree, know me that well. So in this cast request to please give me the benefit of the doubt.

And how is that working for you? Looks to me like it is serving to alienate people. Is that your intent? If not, perhaps you need to take a good hard look at what you are doing that is getting opposite results of what you intend.

I could apology if you desire it so much, but it would not carry any weight because it is a false declaration. Please, I ask you who continue to insist that I am being stubborn, to be open-minded and give me the benefit of the doubt in this one case. I am really right this time. Please believe it.

I'm done here. When you reach the point that you are actually ready to listen, let us all know. In the meantime, good luck to you.

And how is that working for you? Looks to me like it is serving to alienate people. Is that your intent? If not, perhaps you need to take a good hard look at what you are doing that is getting opposite results of what you intend.

I do not see your point jillio, sorry. Please re-phrase your words so it be clear to me what you're telling me. Alienating people? I don't know what it is you're trying to say. It is not my intent to alienate anyone; how does such a claim relate to our dicussion?

I respect you jullio and I appreciate your comments. But I feel that you are letting emotion interfere with your reasoning. Please ponder over my words and try to find the truth. Don’t go.

Jullio let's just agree to disagree. I have a very old friend who is a passionate Democrat and I am, its obvious from my McCain images, republican. We do not see things eye-to-eye when it comes to political issues but that’s perfectly fine.

You see we respectfully agree to disagree. We do not put each other down regarding our views at any time. Why? Because we respect each other and understand that everyone has their chosen point-of-view.

Why don't we do the same jullio? It is a healthy alternative to arguing. Would you agree on that reasoning?

I think this thread has run it's course...

May I respectfully ask a Moderator to close it?

We call these clients "Yes, buts". They have an excuse for everything, and it is always someone else's fault. AB has been provided with some valuable information in many of the threads he has created, and he refuses to accept any of it. I would suggest there is more going on here than Bi-Polar Disorder. I would not be surprised if he didn't have a comorbid diagnosis (I have one in mind).

I could not agree with you more. I tried to be objective but you know I'm done with this guy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back