Tarot Cards, Runes, Palmistry, Tea Leaves, Psychics etc.

CSign

Reaction score
What do you guys think about it?

Has anyone been to see a psychic? Read Tarot Cards? Been to a medium?

I've read Tarot Cards for the last 12 years or so. I've always been interested in psychics, spirits, and all things supernatural.

Just curious about others on the forum.

I read Tarot for myself. Otherwise, no. I believe there is something to it all, but I trust my own insight and intuition more than a stranger. Plus I don't have $$$ to spare for such. I am a do-it-yourself-er as to my spiritual practice. :P I have several decks I like, even a Buddha deck. The Voyager deck and a Wolf/Totem deck and a Natural Medicine deck. I don't use them often, just when I get the nudge for some additional insight.

,i have seen them but i gave so many clues away and watched others they did aswel without knowing what they were doing..i think tarot just away of you getting to the bottom of your troubles working them out,there no magic to it

A long time ago, I experimented with runes ("runic divination"). These are usually ceramic, wooden, or stone chips with letters from the old Scandinavian alphabet inscribed on them.

In pre-Christian times, they were sometimes used for supposedly gaining a "supernatural" view of issues (and conveniently supporting a religious power structure). The exact process of this was lost in the Christianizing process in Europe. No one today knows how exactly it was performed. They were mostly used for simply writing, though. Like etching one's name on property or putting up memorial stones, etc.

The current, modern-day practices are largely derived from a man named Guido von List. Basically, there is no direct connection between the old practices and the modern practices. Anyone who tells you there is either ignorant or lying to you.

Anyway, I did experiment with these, because I am curious about everything in our world and I want to verify whether they are true.

My conclusion is that practices like these are... well, bunk. I find that if they "reveal" anything at all, it reveals what you already knew in your sub-concious.

"Should I travel through a blizzard to get somewhere?"

"Doesn't look like a good idea." (Duh.)

"How can I make my relationship better?"

"You should try more communication." (Duh.)

"Should I date so-and so?"

"Why don't you talk to the person yourself and stop asking a bunch of wood chips??" (Actually, they don't say that... lol)

I think there is danger in using stuff like this. It is not that there's any spiritual danger. They're just wood chips after all.

The danger is that it's easy for your sub-concious to see what it wants to see and think that it is real. It isn't real. There's no spiritual force communicating through those things. Any common-sense stuff that pops up, YOU ALREADY KNEW, by virtue of your human experience. You don't need 'divination tools.' What you need is to pay attention to your own knowledge and use common sense.

Check out James Randi's material on 'divination.' If you think it's real, and you have skillz, try and win his Million Dollar Prize for proving such things are real. It hasn't been won yet.

Don't miss his talk about psychics. (Captioned.)

James Randi's fiery takedown of psychic fraud | Video on TED.com

Last edited:
he dead i though james randi as he aint come back to tell us then he right in the first place.it load of bunk,as much as i would love to believe

he dead i though james randi as he aint come back to tell us then he right in the first place.it load of bunk,as much as i would love to believe

James Randi is still alive.

He does talks in Youtube videos once in a while. Unfortunately, not captioned.

JREF Video - YouTube

him and the spoon bender are at odds i know that....has james randi and john edwards lock horns yet

If people can see the future, they should head to Las Vegas. Why would they set up a small shop in a dark corner of town, and read your fortune for $10, when they can bet on sports, cards, or dice for thousands of dollars in minutes?

Last edited:
i found in poor areas these psychics are in abundance or in bad times....they only spose be paid expenses but these expenses have paid for houses in swizerland and rather good standard of living...i wonder if connection... princess Di psychic wealthy woman and tells everyone she told di not get into car strange she announce this after advent..her name psychick sally

I don't want anything to do with that stuff.

Anything can be perceived as anything.

To me, I think psychics are like Shawn from Psych... they're just extremely observant and are skilled in a manner of making their responses seem psychic in a way.

The same goes for those horoscopes. I've actually proven it myself on several occasions. I copied and pasted some horoscopes from a website, then showed a few friends. They said that their horoscope matched what they were like or what had happened to them. I then changed the horoscope around (changed the signs around) and then showed other friends. They said the same thing... was true or had happened to them. This goes to show that you can match yourself up to any horoscope no matter what sign you are. ;)

I think it comes true many times because your mind is influenced, and you act accordingly to make it come true.

If people can see the future, they should head to Las Vegas. Why would they set up a small shop in a dark corner of town, and read your fortune for $10, when they can bet on sports, cards, or dice for thousands of dollars in minutes?

Exactly. If this stuff worked, people with these abilities would be rolling in wealth and unbelievable good luck.

I think it comes true many times because your mind is influenced, and you act accordingly to make it come true.

Indeed. A self-fulfilling prophecy. The mind is very good at fooling and playing tricks on oneself.

Seems that "psychics et al" show how "gullible" one can regress- if one has "lots of excess cash"!
Confirmed by Prof SKY!

From my years of research into the psychic world I have to conclude it is real but like any other profession there are bad psychics and good psychics.

I went to a psychic several years ago just to see if it's real or not and I asked the psychic if there is anything I have to watch out for in my job. And she said that there is a lady in her 50's with fake red hair, she might seem nice but she's not THAT nice. At that time I did not know anyone with that description so naturally I thought she was "out there"

Well fast forward to several months later I got assigned to a new project and had a meeting with the people involved. One of those people was a lady in her 50s and I could tell she has fake red hair because her roots are grey. And she even acted overly nice to me. That right there made me think about the psychic so I asked my coworkers what do they think of that red haired lady and they said she's a bitch.

I have to say I'm amazed by that because the psychic got real specific descriptions about the lady that could not be easily guessed.

I then started looking into whether or not I have psychic abilities and took a course. I practiced meditating and got a vision of a person shot in the chest and the date February 21, 1971 and the location philadelphia. Out curiosity I did a google with those clues and found this: Joseph V Kelly (1925 - 1971) - Find A Grave Memorial

Take note of how this is a police officer who got shot in the chest on february 21, 1971 in philadelpha. I dont know about you but that's just too many specific pieces of data to be a coincidence.

As for the future predictions I do agree that they are not set in stone. Valid psychics can tell you what is extremely like to happen but in my experience psychics are helpful to lead you to your ideal future. For example, if you want to be more financially stable instead of asking a psychic "will I ever be rich?" it would be better to ask, "How can I be financially independent?"

There's a pretty good blog about the psychic world at Psychic but Sane: Down-to-earth Info and Support for Psychic & Spiritual Development that I've found helpful in my studies and recommend it to anyone! There's also this interesting site, AFTERLIFE LAWYER PRESENTS THE EVIDENCE FOR LIFE AFTER DEATH AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE that talks about the proof of afterlife and has some interesting stories.

Divination/Psychic

I've been studying and practicing Tarot for about 2.5 years now. I love it. It's incredibly insightful. There is a lot of misconception and judgments about Tarot. Those that make ignornant judgments about Tarot or any other psychic abilities have never really taken the time to learn what it is all about, never really read and study it. Just don't. It's so much easier to say "Not interested" rather than make judgments that display lack of intelligence. The internet is a great source of knowledge and information in depth about any topic. So really take the time to understand what it is all about rather than relying on myths via word of mouth or the distorted media.

There are many deaf psychics with various abilities and gifts in our groups on Facebook: Deaf Spiritual Network and Deaf Metaphysical Network. If that's your interest, then come visit us and share in a NONJUDGMENTAL environment.

Peace and Love

I went to a psychic several years ago just to see if it's real or not and I asked the psychic if there is anything I have to watch out for in my job. And she said that there is a lady in her 50's with fake red hair, she might seem nice but she's not THAT nice. At that time I did not know anyone with that description so naturally I thought she was "out there"

Well fast forward to several months later I got assigned to a new project and had a meeting with the people involved. One of those people was a lady in her 50s and I could tell she has fake red hair because her roots are grey. And she even acted overly nice to me. That right there made me think about the psychic so I asked my coworkers what do they think of that red haired lady and they said she's a bitch.

1. 50 year old women tend to have graying hair, so there is a strong likelihood they are going to dye their hair (fake hair).

2. Red is a popular color. So there is a strong likelihood of 50-year-old women with fake RED hair.

3. 50 year old women have usually entered menopause by then, which can sometimes result in an increase of irritability.

4. 50 year old men and women have been working for many years and are very tired of workplace politics and BS. They have, by then, a low tolerance for workplace antics, real or perceived. Which would add to the perception that they are "bitchy."

This was a safe bet made by your psychic.

I have to say I'm amazed by that because the psychic got real specific descriptions about the lady that could not be easily guessed.

I then started looking into whether or not I have psychic abilities and took a course. I practiced meditating and got a vision of a person shot in the chest and the date February 21, 1971 and the location philadelphia. Out curiosity I did a google with those clues and found this: Joseph V Kelly (1925 - 1971) - Find A Grave Memorial

Take note of how this is a police officer who got shot in the chest on february 21, 1971 in philadelpha. I dont know about you but that's just too many specific pieces of data to be a coincidence.

The death of a police officer gets into the news and conversations. It is remembered and referenced in conversation (and more news pieces) for many years. There is a chance that your subconscious remembered some details, even if you might not have been an adult (or even born) at the time.

As for the future predictions I do agree that they are not set in stone. Valid psychics can tell you what is extremely like to happen but in my experience psychics are helpful to lead you to your ideal future. For example, if you want to be more financially stable instead of asking a psychic "will I ever be rich?" it would be better to ask, "How can I be financially independent?"

But why would you need to consult a psychic to find out "how to be financially independent"?

Who are you going to ask that question to? A psychic or one of these people?

Indeed, even the question, "Will I ever be rich?" is absurd to ask a psychic. Because it's really a result of your financial choices. It's not a magic gift from God bestowed upon you. It's a result of your own choices.

Unless a psychic will crack a whip and force you to make the right choices, what good are they? Today you might not be rich. Tomorrow you might be. Or you might not be. It depends on your choices. If you make the right choices, you know you will get there, given enough time.

Same thing about relationships. Good or bad relationships are a result of choices and effort. Not just yours, but your partner's as well. The psychic's involvement is decidedly minimal. So why even ask them? It's always been about your choices.

"The best way to predict the future is to INVENT it." To invent it with your choices. Save your money with the psychic and start predicting your own future by making it happen with your own choices. :)

There's a pretty good blog about the psychic world at Psychic but Sane: Down-to-earth Info and Support for Psychic & Spiritual Development that I've found helpful in my studies and recommend it to anyone! There's also this interesting site, AFTERLIFE LAWYER PRESENTS THE EVIDENCE FOR LIFE AFTER DEATH AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE that talks about the proof of afterlife and has some interesting stories.

My view is that I don't know any more than anyone else what really lies beyond death. I do know I am living here, now. This is the life I have, and this is the life I need to make the most of.

If I happen to wake up in another place after this life, I will make the most of that, too. (I assume. Unless I wake up as a muskrat or something.) ;)

Back