T-Mobile Sidekick LX 3G Officially Announced All Over Again

thechaostheory

Reaction score
T-Mobile Sidekick LX officially announced all over again :wave:

Sound familiar? Indeed, this isn't the first time T-Mobile has offered a Sidekick LX -- but much like last year's simply-named Sidekick, the carrier is once again carrying forward branding while totally revamping the hardware. The 2009 edition of the Sidekick LX is thoroughly new and pretty much nails every item on every Sidekick fan's wishlist: GPS, 3G data, an absolutely glorious 3.2-inch full wide VGA display, and super-tight integration with Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace. You've also got a 3.2 megapixel AF camera with LED flash, microSD expansion (T-Mobile throws a 1GB card in the box), video recording and playback (including YouTube access), stereo Bluetooth, quadband EDGE, and HSDPA 2100 for high-speed coverage when you're galavanting around Europe. The ace up T-Mobile's sleeve, though, might be Exchange ActiveSync support, which will be coming via the on-device software catalog shortly after launch. It's available for pre-sale to current T-Mobile customers starting today -- everyone else will have to wait until May 13 -- but either way, you'll be paying $199.99 after rebate on contract in your choice of "carbon" or "orchid" finishes. Check out all the snazzy photography below -- and follow the break for our quick first impressions of the phone.

sidekick-lx-2009-hands-on-main-sm-2.jpg

HELL YEAH! :eek3:

Good for newbie, not interesting in sidekick and tmobile.

I'm sticking with my lovely BB, it has everything that I need.

I am still under 2 yrs contact, Can I switch to this one?

You would probably have pay full price if you don't quality for discount but you just need ask tmobile rep.

I am still under 2 yrs contact, Can I switch to this one?

If you want to buy ... that's mean is Upgrade and if you want to buy upgrade like you want Sk LX 2009, it's will stayin stuck to extra one year and will little discount. For example, if you want to buy Sidekick LX 2009 for upgrade, its will cost about $399 and they will give you an discount about $15 percent off that's mean like you will have to pay about $250. So i gotta to suggest you, don't buy it right now until you have to waitin for contract to complete then you can buy whatever you want smartphones or pda, OR you can buy someone who is selling SK LX 2009 without a contract, it's will cost you about $300-$400. Also if you have an insurance, you can damaged your sidekick like drop it in water, or whatever, btw they will give you a new one for Sk LX 2009, it's will cost you about $120, lolz.

Plz correct me if i wrong

Be very careful with buying, make sure you understand the rules and termination charges and contract extensions etc. Many people made " uninformed" decisions then blamed Tmobile. I have a few months before my contract expires then I will go shopping for a new cellphone . I currently still use the SK3.

same here! I never forget that i was bought Sony Ericson and gave me extra year after someone stole my sony ericson and no insurance, that's screw up! So, i only bought somebody who is selling sks without a contact!

quadband EDGE, and HSDPA 2100 for high-speed coverage when you're galavanting around Europe.

So it means 3g cannot be used in the US since there's 3g market in scattered areas in the US...?

I don't even care for SK anymore.....

I'll rather stick with BB Bold that I have been eying on it for a while...

actually no, around 400 to 450 dollars. :giggle:
Wow, you are right, LOL. I just logged in and I see 419.99 (with two years extension) and 449.99 (without any extension).

I am tempted to order one now. :lol: I guess I will just wait until June to upgrade. :roll:

Back