Super Nanny has picked a deaf couple

pinky yea me too but i wanna watch it! i hope that teach hearing about how they can handle .. like hearing think deaf CANT!.. then prove.. you know i mean..
i hope it turn out great! big postive! hope! i dont want .. like turn out they need to fix thier ear end up CI issue! rme!.. you know i mean..

pinky yea me too but i wanna watch it! i hope that teach hearing about how they can handle .. like hearing think deaf CANT!.. then prove.. you know i mean..
i hope it turn out great! big postive! hope! i dont want .. like turn out they need to fix thier ear end up CI issue! rme!.. you know i mean..

Yeah it start on Oct 10 at 9 clock ABC. I will watch it when I am in the hospital. Hearing and deaf should be fair. It like Extreme Makeover Home Edition for blinds family and other Extreme Makeover for deaf man to be confidence.

i wonder that is deaf family OR oral deaf family with lack of signing?

Yeah it start on Oct 10 at 9 clock ABC. I will watch it when I am in the hospital. Hearing and deaf should be fair. It like Extreme Makeover Home Edition for blinds family and other Extreme Makeover for deaf man to be confidence.

The correct time for ABC on Super Nanny will be at 8:00 pm, not 9:00 pm. But if you are in a different area zone, then maybe you will be seeing Super Nanny at 9:00 pm. :dunno2:

Coolie! I'll mark that down on my calendar, so I won't forget, Thanks for letting us know.

I got email by one of my friend and I WILL watch that show on oct 10 cant wait to see it how they go lol :lol:

Thanks for posting the date and time now I will be able to watch it!

I will definitely watch Super Nanny with deaf family next Friday. This should be interesting!

One of my friend told me October 8th, and I told them no, I'm sure the date was set for October 10th, because I read it somewhere on AD message board and got email from another friend said October 10th. Can't wait to watch it..

Listings - SUPERNANNY on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com

SUPERNANNY
Air Date: Friday, October 10, 2008
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on ABC
Episode Title: (#502) "Baulisch Family"

VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR SUPERNANNY

DEAF PARENTS WITH FOUR HEARING CHILDREN CHALLENGE JO'S COMMUNICATION SKILLS, ON ABC'S "SUPERNANNY"

"Baulisch Family" Dorothy and Kip Baulisch of Papillion, Nebraska, are deaf parents raising four hearing children. They rely too heavily on their eldest daughter, Melissa (18), who understands sign language, as a surrogate "hearing" parent, and it's put a huge strain on her relationship with them. She's giving up her youth to be a full-time interpreter in her own house. The three youngest daughters are nightmares Jessica (8) and Jennifer (7) challenge their parents to the point where they simply give up trying to control them; the youngest daughter, Kristin (5), ignores her parents completely because she can't understand what they're saying, and constantly throws temper tantrums. On a typical evening in the Baulisch household, it takes Kip and Dorothy at least three hours to get the younger girls to bed, as they run amuck through the house, refusing to settle in.

When Melissa has the opportunity to confront her parents, she becomes so frustrated that she storms out of the room. Jo brings Dorothy, Kip and Melissa back together to begin a plan of attack, but can she close the communication gap to bring the Baulisch family together? "Supernanny" airs FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

I was appalled at the hearing children not wanting to learn ASL unless it's "fun." Boundaries need to be established. When your parents are around, you SIGN. If you don't, you go on the infamous naughty step. It's just rude and disrespectful and I was very embarrassed for the kids. However, I was glad to see the family was willing to change.

I am so surprised at Melissa's anger. Hasn't she been to a CODA/KODA camp? I realise it was edited but come on, she needs to be a kid first and the parents' excuses at first were abhorrent. You should be proud you are Deaf...pride means NOT using it as an excuse, as a Deaf school teaches.

I did learn though that with MY kids I won't spoil them use voice ONLY. That is unacceptable as it might make them see Dad as hearing. I will use ASL, and there will be set English times and places but ASL above all is the first language and method of communication, I hope my partner in rearing (Deaf OR hearing) would agree with that.

I am anxious to see vlogs about this.

PARENTS...what is your opinion?

I was appalled at the hearing children not wanting to learn ASL unless it's "fun." Boundaries need to be established. When your parents are around, you SIGN. If you don't, you go on the infamous naughty step. It's just rude and disrespectful and I was very embarrassed for the kids. However, I was glad to see the family was willing to change.

I am so surprised at Melissa's anger. Hasn't she been to a CODA/KODA camp? I realise it was edited but come on, she needs to be a kid first and the parents' excuses at first were abhorrent. You should be proud you are Deaf...pride means NOT using it as an excuse, as a Deaf school teaches.

I did learn though that with MY kids I won't spoil them use voice ONLY. That is unacceptable as it might make them see Dad as hearing. I will use ASL, and there will be set English times and places but ASL above all is the first language and method of communication, I hope my partner in rearing (Deaf OR hearing) would agree with that.

I am anxious to see vlogs about this.

PARENTS...what is your opinion?

I was very surprised with two deaf parents the three younger kids did not sign.
Even in my mostly oral household we had dinners all in sign when my kids grew up. They enjoyed it and still talk about it as fun. My granddaughter learns many signs from me when visiting and her mother practices with her. She and her husband and the baby all hearing, but they want to make sure that their children grow up and we all communicate well.

Back