Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I learned ASL from the website is called aslpro.com. I love signing languages with you all.

ASL student looking to practice!:)

Hi! I'm Katie and I just started my ASL 102 class! I love signing but I don't have anyone to practice with! I have FaceTime and downloaded Skype but I'm not sure I've ever actually created an account lol, but I would love to practice ASL with anyone over the Internet! Let me know if anyone is interested in practicing with me!!

Thanks!!

I'm still a beginner in ASL, I have never had classes but my friend was in the class all this year and I sign with her, and I learn stuff on my own. I have FaceTime on my ipad as well as Skype. I have the biggest trouble with syntax :P please let me know if anyone would like to practice!

You can get something like Skype and practice over the internet.

how do you get skipe and how much does it cost?

My name is Skypony and wish to practice sign language. you use it or lose it type thing goin on.

how do you get skipe and how much does it cost?

My name is Skypony and wish to practice sign language. you use it or lose it type thing goin on.

It's free if all you want to do is 1 on 1 videochat. (They have other services they charge for, but I've never used those.)

To get it, go to skype.com, click "downloads", make the appropriate choices (windows/mac/etc) - just opt out of anything you don't want. You shouldn't have to submit any sort of payment information for the free service.

In addition to skype, you need a good internet connection (you need enough data to get through fast enough that the video doesn't get choppy) and a good webcam. I've seem cheap webcams that might be fine for voice conversation face to face, but try to move your hands around and everything's blurry. After you download skype and set up your account, you can check your video quality. If you need a better webcam, you can get a decent one for around 25.00 at most any department store with a technology section.

I'm also learning ASL on my own and could use all the practice I can get. I don't have Skype right now but I have Tango. I've tried PMing some of you but it says I don't have enough privileges...?? Maybe I'm too new? So if you wanna Tango and practice you can email me crymar09@gmail.com

I'm also learning ASL on my own and could use all the practice I can get. I don't have Skype right now but I have Tango. I've tried PMing some of you but it says I don't have enough privileges...?? Maybe I'm too new? So if you wanna Tango and practice you can email me crymar09@gmail.com

You have to have 5+ posts to PM.

Skype is being really annoying lately, at least for me. Someone from AllDeaf tried to add me, which I accepted, but then I tried to respond to their note and my message just hung there. Sorry, whoever you are - you didn't leave your alldeaf name so I'm not sure who.

Anyway, if you're trying to set up an asl practice session with me, try PM'ing me here. I'm actually thinking of switching over entirely to Oovoo.

Anyway, I put my signing in the vaguely titled intermediate range. Not fluent but I can carry on a conversation. Prefer to chat with people somewhere around my level, and voice off.

I am in Jacksonville, North Carolina. If anyone is interested in talking via webcam/FaceTime OR if you'd be game for meeting at Starbucks/Barnes & Noble for coffee and chatting, please let me know.

Okay, I got Skype set up. If anyone wants to practice ASL, add me there or message me here. Username is the same crymar09. I also have oovoo and Tango. I sign a bit now but in English word order. I start ASL 1 next month. So you can hit me up now to practice, or in a couple of months when I have some sentence structures down. Either way is fine with me. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Let's Sign

Hello, I, too, would like to practice ASL and am on Skype and Facetime. I have lost most of my hearing and am learning ASL. Having someone to practice with would be great. My skype name is kindashort4630. Let's Sign!

My Skype username is devon.sigurdson

I'm open to practicing with just about anyone! I live in Northern Virginia so if you come across this let me know and maybe we can get together to practice instead of just through Skype! I'm pretty much a beginner, going into my second ASL class at the end of August and would like to practice as much as I can! I love ASL and would love to find people who love it just as much to practice with!

Would love to Skype!

Hey! I'm Ken. I've been learning Jamaican Sign Language (JSL) and want to go to Gallaudet to study Interpretation, so I'd love to be able to practise with someone. My Skype is Kenliano.

I'd be happy for any help!

My name is Vince and I'm a beginner student of ASL. My skype is alphawolfvince and I would love to sign with people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back