Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also looking for someone to sign with. I'm going for Speech Pathology in college and have taken ASL 1 so far. I have someone in my life who took 3 years of ASL, but are now annoyed with signing all the time. Probably from the YEARS of not practicing. I don't know. I know of Deaf Events around this area, but I'm hoping to also find someone I can sign with one-on-one. Either it be a deaf, HoH, or an ASL student. Just someone I can talk to through Sign Language.
I recently moved so right now my only way of internet is at public places. I do have Skype.
Reply or message me if you'd like to chat/sign some time.

Tiny chat is a place you sign in through facebook or as guest and you can chat with multiple people at once.

We need to plot a time to meet in the aslchatroom. I miss asl chat :)

What is tinychating?
It's a freechat site that allows video. So instead of video chatting awkwardly with one person, you can video chat with a few people off the site. And if you aren't comfortable with video chatting there is also a little chatbox at the bottom to follow along with.

I figured it would be a good way for the people here to not only practice but hopefully make some new and interesting friends.

Tiny chat is a place you sign in through facebook or as guest and you can chat with multiple people at once.

We need to plot a time to meet in the aslchatroom. I miss asl chat :)
Any suggestions on a time? I'm open to just about any time really.

I'm good from ~9am-3pm
Skype name is krypton1321. Instead of having to check this again and again to figure out times, I figure whoever would like to message me and sign with me can do it whenever they'd like ^_^
Again, my only internet access is at public places. But the time listed is about the time when I'm here. Not the whole time. Its different everyday.

Hello I'm an ASL student trying to practice over Skype or something. Add me on Skype
pinklove_88
Thanks

Hello!
I'm really interested in finding someone to caht with!
Feel free to message me, I'm very very very new to ASL.

Hello my name is Whitney . I am hearing and am just finishing up a Basic beginner ASL class. I absolutely love it ,but I really want to practice and learn new signs . I am a not a amazing signer ,but I am getting better .I could do Skype or Tiny chat . My skype name whit275.

Hi! I'm Jason, I am an interpreter in Pittsburgh Pa.

I have a fairly intense passion for languages, grammar, the structures of words, etymology etc.

I also possess are great passion for making sure people, all people, have access to information regarding languages and communication.

I offer poetry tutoring in home and run a small free school twice monthly from my home based on a topic of someone's choosing - how that works is, twice monthly we have someone new teach a topic of their choice to people who have signed up to learn.

All free. Money isn't much of an incentive for me...

Anyway - providing knowledge to others is incentive for me.

So - if you need someone to help you through some ASL or just want to have another practice buddy (and I can always use more practice as well) - my Skype name is jmkirin - if you add me as a friend just leave a short message explaining why and who and what etc.

I also really enjoy learning about and expounding on the history of these languages if that piques any interests.

Hi! I'm Jason, I am an interpreter in Pittsburgh Pa.

I have a fairly intense passion for languages, grammar, the structures of words, etymology etc.

I also possess are great passion for making sure people, all people, have access to information regarding languages and communication.

I offer poetry tutoring in home and run a small free school twice monthly from my home based on a topic of someone's choosing - how that works is, twice monthly we have someone new teach a topic of their choice to people who have signed up to learn.

All free. Money isn't much of an incentive for me...

Anyway - providing knowledge to others is incentive for me.

So - if you need someone to help you through some ASL or just want to have another practice buddy (and I can always use more practice as well) - my Skype name is jmkirin - if you add me as a friend just leave a short message explaining why and who and what etc.

I also really enjoy learning about and expounding on the history of these languages if that piques any interests.
I admire you sir. I have a very true and honest respect for what you do. Knowledge is power!

I'm in ASL 1 and I'd really like to practise with someone fluent in ASL. I may have to finger spell due to my limited vocabulary in ASL, but I'd appreciate in person (Southwestern Virginia) or even over the internet (Skype or something.). PM me if anyone is interested.

I would be interested in this... I am a complete beginner wanting to become very good at signing ASL. I'd be interested in meeting for coffee (near Lafayette IN) or online. Send me a msg

I've got some time today if any other intermediate level signers want to practice. I usually use Skype - my name there is bound2ride. I've also downloaded Oovoo, tinychat and google+ but haven't found my way around those programs very well yet. (I'm game for trying though, if that's what you use. Message me for my name on those programs.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back