ssi is being canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about others who have been on it for decades. However, I have to disagree with you about just going out and finding work. Not everyone is capable of doing that. Each and every situation is different. All situations should be evaluated on a needs basis and on the severity of the disability or disabilities.

Those people I know are only deaf or hoh with no other disabilities. They all have good oral skills on top of that.

About SSI

My cousin got cut off from SSI ... they found nothing wrong with him, he onlys has a L disabilities.

Also many are being check for drugs and alcohols will lose SSI if they find drugs or alcohols in people's system.

I'm kinda surprise they are checking everybody to see if there's anything wrong with them or not also to see if anyone is on drugs or alcohols, can lose SSI.

Things are changing!

You don't know about other disabilities I have which makes that all the more difficult. There is more to this then just what my desires, wants, and needs are.

well that didn't stop Stephen Hawkins from finishing his ph.d, eh? That didn't stop Christopher Reeve from continuing to inspire people with his Superman spirit, eh? Just saying that only you can choose to overcome it or dread on it. Keep on truckin', dude :cool2:

If one has had a severe disability since childhood that prevents holding any kind of employment, then SSI will continue, as the individual cannot be changed to SSDI because they have never paid into the system. This would be true for severe cognitive impairment, severe CP, or like you said, severe mental illness.

However, for disabilities that are determined to not be so severe as to prevent working of any kind, then the benefits are temporary while you search for or train for some kind of employment. There can be an extension, if you can show that you are making an effort to obtain employment and have not been able to do so. However, if you have not been making an effort, and your case comes up for periodic review, you risk loosing your benefits.

Apparently, the cases werent carefully reviewed in those people I mentioned before....my husband told one of them off when that person said she was providing for her family by being a housewife but collecting SSI. My hubby said that if she didnt have SSI, she wouldnt be a house wife and have to go to work like many people do.

Apparently, the cases werent carefully reviewed in those people I mentioned before....my husband told one of them off when that person said she was providing for her family by being a housewife but collecting SSI. My hubby said that if she didnt have SSI, she wouldnt be a house wife and have to go to work like many people do.

Unfortunately, its true that many cases aren't reviewed as carefully as they could be. Also, if one is a single mother with a disability, extra consideration is given until the children reach the age of 16. I don't know if this was your friend's case or not.

Jasin

Ah I see that...did you have a over payment, that you have to pay back to SSI if you have a job ? What happen was when people work they did not report to SSI that they are working and they got over payment. You explained this below, sounds like somebody has a job but did not report to SSI when you start working. SSI is more stricter than SSDI and SS.

I believe its from February on. The letter has collums like this:

From ---------------- Through --------- Amount due each month
Februraruy 1, 2009 -- Continuing ------- $0.00

Those people I know are only deaf or hoh with no other disabilities. They all have good oral skills on top of that.

Oh, well in that case I have to agree. I don't think disability does meant for people like that.

I am not one of them though nor should I be lumped into that category. I have 5 different disabilities and my deafness, and many disagree on this, is one of them.

Unfortunately, its true that many cases aren't reviewed as carefully as they could be. Also, if one is a single mother with a disability, extra consideration is given until the children reach the age of 16. I don't know if this was your friend's case or not.

Nope...she is married. Her husband doesnt want her working cuz he likes the idea of her staying at home and getting free money. He even said it to us.

I personally do not agree with a parent or parents of a disabled child receiving disability for that child. The taking care of a child, disabled or not, is the sole responsibility of that parent or parents.

I personally do not agree with a parent or parents of a disabled child receiving disability for that child. The taking care of a child, disabled or not, is the sole responsibility of that parent or parents.

I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree with that.

Jasin, since none of us here are professional Social Security Department employees, and none of us know the specifics of your case, the best thing you can do is make an appointment with your local Social Security office, and get it straightened out, the sooner the better. None of the opinions of ADers will put a check in your hand or provide you with Medicare benefits. Only the Social Security office can do that for you.

Jasin, since none of us here are professional Social Security Department employees, and none of us know the specifics of your case, the best thing you can do is make an appointment with your local Social Security office, and get it straightened out, the sooner the better. None of the opinions of ADers will put a check in your hand or provide you with Medicare benefits. Only the Social Security office can do that for you.

:gpost:

For your convenience, Jasin....

SOCIAL SECURITY
SUITE A
811 SOUTH HILL PARK DR
PUYALLUP, WA 98373

Toll-Free 1-800-772-1213
TTY 1-800-325-0778

MONDAY - FRIDAY:09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Except Federal Holidays

I was thinking about getting my old job back at Safeway and just forgetting about social security. I worked there when I was in high school back in the mid 1990s for close to 3 years. Also, I do have a 2 year college degree, ged, two different college certificates, and lots of various skills. Based on all that I could probably get hired on very easily. Having multiple disabilities though I do think any of that is possible.
What! Safeway is still alive? My brother used to work there as managment back in 70's and I do not see Safeway around anymore till u post here.

if ssi was canceled for everyone.... the revelations would begin. sooner or later the entire world will be using the same currency which in the bible states in the revelations that once that happens...yea you know what happens in the revelations. u.s goverment should just print out their own money and make false claims of resources being found to acost these new funds. whatever way works to advoid the catastrophe of the world. scares me. also if ssi was ever canceled for everyone, people would die, yes, many many many many people would die. more then a million. blacks and whites with no morals would kill as a way to end their life while destroying others for taking away their free money...its sad the world works this way.

I have medicare and medicaid both. I do not get welfare though. My medicaid is funded by medicare somehow. I know this to be a fact because the medicaid card has an "x" stamped on it underneath "medicare". When ssi gets canceled, so does medicare and as a result, medicaid too. That is the way it works in this state.

it works the same way here in wisconsin. if one qualifies for medicare and medicaid and the former is dropped, so is the latter.

Already have an appointment. I believe I did state that around the start of this thread.

it works the same way here in wisconsin. if one qualifies for medicare and medicaid and the former is dropped, so is the latter.

I think you missunderstood me. I stated if you lose ssi you lose medicare and if you lose medicare you also lose medicaid, if you have medicaid. Medicaid for those getting ssi is not welfare either, at least not in this state. That's how it works here!

What! Safeway is still alive? My brother used to work there as managment back in 70's and I do not see Safeway around anymore till u post here.

There are lots of safeways here. Very nice safeways too. They do well here. They get tons of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back