ssi is being canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin got cut off from SSI ... they found nothing wrong with him, he onlys has a L disabilities.

Also many are being check for drugs and alcohols will lose SSI if they find drugs or alcohols in people's system.

I'm kinda surprise they are checking everybody to see if there's anything wrong with them or not also to see if anyone is on drugs or alcohols, can lose SSI.

Things are changing!

What's an L disability? And Speaking of drugs, I remember 20 or so years ago when they threw all the drug addicts off of social security. They sent them all letters and just cut their benefits.

I think you missunderstood me. I stated if you lose ssi you lose medicare and if you lose medicare you also lose medicaid, if you have medicaid. Medicaid for those getting ssi is not welfare either, at least not in this state. That's how it works here!

i understood exactly what you said.

if someone loses medicare, they automatically lose medicaid since one must have a considerably lower income to qualify for medicaid than they do medicare.

i hate to break it to you, but medicaid is indeed a form of welfare since it's the american taxpayers who are paying for your (as well as my) medical bills.

i understood exactly what you said.

if someone loses medicare, they automatically lose medicaid since one must have a considerably lower income to qualify for medicaid than they do medicare.

i hate to break it to you, but medicaid is indeed a form of welfare since it's the american taxpayers who are paying for your (as well as my) medical bills.

Nope, nope. You are still not understanding me. I am referring to the medicaid one will no longer receive if the ssa decides that you can no longer get ssi. This is an administrative rule that has nothing to do with income one is receiving or can receive. It is a rule that's based on whether you still qualify for benefits from the ssa. That rule can be found in the Wac.

Furthermore, in this state, for those receiving ssi, medicaid is not welfare. The medicaid insurance cards, for those receiving ssi, have stamped on them "medicare". People on welfare cannot get that stamp as its not welfare.

The medicaid insurance cards, for those receiving ssi, have stamped on them "medicare". People on welfare cannot get that stamp as its not welfare.

i'm confused. medicaid insurance cards have the word "medicare" stamped on them? medicaid and medicare are 2 completely different programs.

just because someone on welfare cannot get that stamp does not mean medicaid is not welfare. any social service or healthcare program that is paid for by american tax dollars is considered welfare.

I got a letter stating I will be receiving $0.00 in ssi benefits starting next month. My girlfriend, who is also deaf, got a similar letter. Is anyone else being canceled or getting similar letters?

Did your girlfriend find out the reason why she stopped getting money? Did you guys receive money for Christmas or whatever and put it in the bank? I've never had SSI or SSDI but I remember something about you cannot have over 2000 dollars (old information?) in your bank account. Could this be a possibility? I read through the whole thing and I know you do have an appointment already with the SSA office. I understand you have multiple disabilities and need SSI as well as medicaid/medicare for them.

As for everyone else talking about getting jobs instead of depending on SSI or SSDI, well I am sort of on the fence on that. I say you could always try looking for a work-from-home type of job with benefits. I'm sure you have already considered that as you seem somewhat smart and capable. Good luck!

Nope...she is married. Her husband doesnt want her working cuz he likes the idea of her staying at home and getting free money. He even said it to us.

That's what pisses me off.... I know a few Deaf people like that & it makes me angry. Like they are entitled to get it, even though there is nothing wrong with them at all. Just want to raise their children... It's bullshit in my opinion!

That's what pisses me off.... I know a few Deaf people like that & it makes me angry. Like they are entitled to get it, even though there is nothing wrong with them at all. Just want to raise their children... It's bullshit in my opinion!

I totally agree with u 100%...it is bullshit big time. That's why my hubby told my friend off when she complained about her life.

yea i know a lot of mothers who decide to stay home as a housewife and receiving SSDI benefits. However, some of them chose to receive a SS benefit (ssdi) and working a part time at the same time. They can't afford to provide for kids' daycares and some of them want to be with KIDS and raising them until kids go to school at a full time. Then the mothers would return to working as a full time. One thing is that i do understand they cant afford the daycares and still working a part time. thats some sticky situations. eh

I personally do not agree with a parent or parents of a disabled child receiving disability for that child. The taking care of a child, disabled or not, is the sole responsibility of that parent or parents.

I disagree because hearing aid batteries, and ASL classes cost a buttload and as a working class family we can't afford to turn down help. We need to get our child what she needs, regardless of our income.

i know the feeling about daycare. when working - daycare can take up to half or more of my earned income. If I am not working, I dont have any extra cash if i stayed home and watch kids myself. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. This is esp. true if your kids are 4.5 years old or younger due to fact they are not in school all day. NOBODY wants to watch kids afterhours, weekends unless you have a crappy sitter to do this and they ar eno consistant either. Why do I say this ? when both deaf parants works - we tends to take "any job due to lack of manpower to fill in the off hours with regualr people" and usually its a job that is not at a decent hour. nothing M-F 6 am to 3 am so you can be home when kids get out of school. SO WHAT TO DO ?! sigh .. catch 22. It's really a struggle to get a sitter flexible enough so my wife can work retail hours that changes weekly and its never predictable and me working 24/7 shifts. It's very tiring and energy draining. There were times I literally would get 4 hours of sleep daily for 3 months at a time and then change hours for next 3 months so we can juggle the kids, school, work and kids activities and daycare provider hours. NOT a good way to live.

I disagree because hearing aid batteries, and ASL classes cost a buttload and as a working class family we can't afford to turn down help. We need to get our child what she needs, regardless of our income.

I agree - even though my kids are hearing but wee have to work out expenses for devices for communication with hearing world , our kids, etc..

i'm confused. medicaid insurance cards have the word "medicare" stamped on them? medicaid and medicare are 2 completely different programs.

just because someone on welfare cannot get that stamp does not mean medicaid is not welfare. any social service or healthcare program that is paid for by american tax dollars is considered welfare.

Not stamped. Maybe I used the wrong word. My apologies. They have printed on them "medicare" with an x under that colloum indicating one's medical insurance is medicare.

Try budgeting this stuff in instead of putting it off on the government, financially speaking, to raise your kids.

i know the feeling about daycare. when working - daycare can take up to half or more of my earned income. If I am not working, I dont have any extra cash if i stayed home and watch kids myself. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. This is esp. true if your kids are 4.5 years old or younger due to fact they are not in school all day. NOBODY wants to watch kids afterhours, weekends unless you have a crappy sitter to do this and they ar eno consistant either. Why do I say this ? when both deaf parants works - we tends to take "any job due to lack of manpower to fill in the off hours with regualr people" and usually its a job that is not at a decent hour. nothing M-F 6 am to 3 am so you can be home when kids get out of school. SO WHAT TO DO ?! sigh .. catch 22. It's really a struggle to get a sitter flexible enough so my wife can work retail hours that changes weekly and its never predictable and me working 24/7 shifts. It's very tiring and energy draining. There were times I literally would get 4 hours of sleep daily for 3 months at a time and then change hours for next 3 months so we can juggle the kids, school, work and kids activities and daycare provider hours. NOT a good way to live.

Economically and financially everything is a struggle right now. We are in a long term recession possibly headed for a depression.

Economically and financially everything is a struggle right now. We are in a long term recession possibly headed for a depression.

This is what happens though when America elects, as president, a candidate who throws fiscal conservatism out the window and just does as he pleases.

Yea, that's why my friend's neighbors are acting bitter towards her cuz the mothers had to return back to work due to the recession and they didnt want to leave their children in daycares or with babysitters but they have no choice so things are tense between my friends and her neighbors cuz they told her that she is abusing the taxpayers' money.

I think this recession will have people bitter towards those who collect SSI and sit on their butts doing nothing.

Yea, that's why my friend's neighbors are acting bitter towards her cuz the mothers had to return back to work due to the recession and they didnt want to leave their children in daycares or with babysitters but they have no choice so things are tense between my friends and her neighbors cuz they told her that she is abusing the taxpayers' money.

I think this recession will have people bitter towards those who collect SSI and sit on their butts doing nothing.

So are you suggesting people who are disabled are just lazy?

ouch, shel. don't you think that's an unfair generalization you've made about those who receive ssi?

Not stamped. Maybe I used the wrong word. My apologies. They have printed on them "medicare" with an x under that colloum indicating one's medical insurance is medicare.

does it also indicate on the card that they receive medicaid or is that a given?

So are you suggesting people who are disabled are just lazy?

If they have a disability or disabilities that prevents them from working at any job, then there is a need for it but my friend is deaf, that's it and she hasnt looked for a job in over 10 years cuz she wants to stay home with the kids. If she wasnt deaf, she wouldnt be able to cuz her hubby doesnt make that much money. If she was searching for a job all this time and couldnt find a job, then I can undy but I also can understand from her neighbors' views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back