Social Experiment - the Muslims

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jiro, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Jiro

Jiro If You Know What I Mean Premium Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbQWxHIn4U]YouTube - abc Primetime - How Muslims Are Treated In USA[/ame]

link
    while I look for transcript for this..... some of my searches led me to few other stuff.

2. Jiro

I'm not able to find a transcript but I found a detailed summary of that video

Bystanders Turn Away When Muslim Actor Hired By 'Primetime' Encounters Hostility

3. Jiro

so my problem is.... what's with people especially Caucasian telling to non-white people - "Go back to where you're from" even though non-white people were born and raised in America?

what's even sadder is that these people who proudly announced themselves as "Proud American" don't even know their own Constitution and laws. what people did at the end gave me a hope that America can come out of this bigotry and racism sooner or later...

so the question still remains for decades - "WHAT MAKES YOU AMERICAN?"

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. KarissaMann05

KarissaMann05 Active Member Premium Member

Thank you for post it, Jiro! I agreed with a few comments in youtube that people need to be wake up one day.

I know one Deaf teacher at my former school and she was originally from Iran, and moved to America. She now want to be American civilian and is waiting for become a USA civilian (I don't know if she already become one or not, yet). She's very fantastic science teacher and is awesome person but she's not a Muslim. Sadly, a few people and students assumed that she was. I remember she once told me that her parents went to visit my old science teacher at her place. But they had to go to police office (I think? I'm not sure) and a police interviewed with them for three hours to make so sure that her parents are not terrorists or something like that. Just because they are also from Iran... I feel sad that people distrust Arabians, Muslims, and others in our country, and even Arabian/Muslim/others Americans, too. :( I feel that there are not all Arabians, Muslims, Iranians, and others are bad people...

5. Reba

Reba Retired Terp Premium Member

Interesting.

We have many women in our community who wear the hijab. I see them shopping, at the hospitals (patients and staff), at the beach, and at the college. I haven't seen anyone mistreated. I'm not saying it doesn't happen; I just haven't seen that happen here.

6. KarissaMann05

KarissaMann05 Active Member Premium Member

I just look at those comments. They are pretty depressing to read. :(

7. Jiro

me either. That video occurred in Waco, TX. I know it's just a few bad eggs who are very racist.

8. CJB

CJB New Member

I can't even relate to why someone would deny service to a Muslim person or condone denying service to a Muslim. What does their religion have to do with their being a customer? I know it's a set up experiment but it does reflect real-life situations.

I'm glad to hear they disapproved the second time.

9. CJB

CJB New Member

Thanks for the transcription, Jiro. :ty:

10. dogmom

dogmom Well-Known Member

that's SAD and disgusting mistreatment, but again I am not surprised. It happened after 9/11 and still happens, like racism/hate in general. But I was glad to read that SOME of the customers came to her assistance!

yeah, Jiro - that "go back to where you came from" - many, many people came here from other countries over the years, including white people. 500 years of holocaust has occurred due to invasion by Europeans, who came from somewhere else.

11. SJCSue

SJCSue Member

My Friend

If this happened when my friend/co-worker (who happens to be a Muslim) and I went out together, I would defend her regardless of what happens.

12. netrox

netrox New Member

Wait a minute..."When we told him about the experiment, he explained why he stood up for Sabina. "I believe that people who use dress, skin color, language, heritage, financial means, education level, any of those things to say one group is better than another are using empty excuses for bigotry and hatred, and there's been enough hatred," he said."

Please don't tell me about bigotry when they practice it so widely in Islamic countries:

Human rights in Islamic countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. jillio

jillio New Member

America is one of the least tolerant societies in existence. It began with the attempt to assimilate the Native Americans, and continues to this day. And most of the people spouting out nonsense like "Go back where you came from" could realistically be told the very same thing if their heritage was checked.

14. TXgolfer

TXgolfer Dream Weaver Premium Member

Waco you say???? Interesting choice of a town for this experiment.....

I am not familiar with a Czech stop in Waco though......wonder if it was actually in the town of West......about 20 miles from Waco. Neat town, I have been to Westfest many times. It is an almost 100% Czech population. I have been to THAT Czech stop mant times.

The media likes to trash Waco because it is mostly Baptist and home to Baylor......They also associate the Koresh compound with Waco even though it was miles away.

:hmm:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  15. TXgolfer

TXgolfer Dream Weaver Premium Member

16. Reba

Reba Retired Terp Premium Member

Not true.

17. Beowulf

Beowulf Well-Known Member Premium Member

:eek3:

18. Daredevel7

Daredevel7 Adrenaline Junky Premium Member

I have this friend who is a Muslim and wears a hijab. She got raped right on the streets walking home from college. The police never caught the guy. I am not saying she got raped because she was Muslim, but..... doesn't it make you wonder?

19. Beowulf

Beowulf Well-Known Member Premium Member

On that day of 9/11 I was given a ride home from work when we saw a Muslim woman walking down the sidewalk and wearing a hijab and carrying a bag of groceries. Passing car drivers threw cans of soda at her and my friends in the car I was in yelled at her as we passed. I am ashamed to admit I did nothing.

20. Banjo

Banjo Expelled Premium Member

Then how do you explain why there are so many people who are lactose intolerant?

I demand an answer now.